Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Shriram General Insurance Company provides a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy that offers insurance cover for unforeseen events while driving on the road. Shriram comprehensive bike insurance policy offers third-party liability cover, own damage cover and personal cover. Moreover, you can avail of add-on covers like zero- depreciation or depreciation waiver cover to further enhance the policy.Read more
Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance vs. Third Party Bike Insurance
Basis of Comparison
Comprehensive Bike insurance
Third-Party Bike insurance
Third party own damage and compulsory personal accident cover
Covers loss or damage caused to a third party vehicle, property, or an individual
The Comprehensive bike insurance provides a variety of add-on covers that the policyholder can choose according to his preferences at the time of purchase.
The Third party bike insurance does not provide any add-on cover to the policyholder.
Compared to Third-party insurance, the Comprehensive policy is expensive because it offers a variety of coverage to the policyholder
The Third party policy is less expensive as it does not offer a variety of coverage to the policyholder.
Explore Shriram General Bike Insurance
What is covered under Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan?
In Shriram comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy, the policyholder can avail of the following coverage benefits:
- Coverage for Natural Calamities: It covers natural calamities like earthquakes, landslides, floods, etc.
- Coverage for Man-made disaster:In case of damage to the bike due to man-made disaster, such as- riots, terror attack, fire, etc., the policy would provide compensation for the same
- Protection against Third-party liabilities: If any damage or loss is caused to a third party from the insured bike, all financial and legal liabilities are covered in this policy. In addition, any damage that occurred to the third party's vehicle is also covered under Shriram comprehensive two wheeler policy.
- Coverage for Theft: If the bike gets stolen, the policyholder will be provided full coverage.
- Accident cover: Shriram Bike Insurance policy covers 2000+ Network Garages in different locations. In case of an accident, the policyholder can avail cash-less repairs.
What is not covered under Shriram General Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan?
Shriram comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policyholders cannot avail coverage in the following situations:
- Driving without a Valid Driving License.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/intoxicating drugs.
- Minor damages or injury
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown
- In the event of war, mutiny, or nuclear risk.
- The bike, driven by someone else at the time of an accident.
Shriram General Comprehensive Bike Insurance Benefits
There are plenty of benefits that Shriram General Comprehensive Bike Insurance policy offers:
- 24X7 Emergency support is available
- Quick, hassle-free, and convenient claim settlement process
- The policyholder will get full coverage for damage or theft of the insured bike
- Opting for add-on covers will increase the coverage of the policy
- The facility of cashless repairs in network garages
- Third party liabilities included in Comprehensive bike insurance provide financial and legal support to the policyholder in case of an accident
The benefits of the Shriram Comprehensive bike insurance plan can be increased by opting for add-on covers. You just need to pay an additional premium to avail the enhanced coverage benefits like zero deprecation, roadside assistance, etc.
You can get your policy renewed online. You need to visit the insurer's website or the official website of Policybazaar.com and click on Renew Bike Insurance Policy. Then fill in the required information and click on 'Submit’ and it will be renewed after the premium is paid.
Q. If any damage occurs outside the geographical area of the Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance policy, will it be covered?
No, any damage that occurred outside the geographical area of the Shriram comprehensive bike insurance will not be covered in this policy.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
29 Feb 2024In India, owning a bike is not just a mode of transportation; it
21 Feb 2024Breaking, violating, or disobeying traffic rules is an offence
15 Feb 2024Every bike insurance policy comes with specific clauses. One of
09 Feb 2024If you are cruising the bustling streets of your city in your
11 Jan 2024When it comes to two-wheelers in India, having third-party bike
Shriram Comprehensive Bike Insurance Reviews & Ratings
^The renewal of insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for a transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
^The buying of Insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
#Savings are based on the comparison between highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*TP price for less than 75 CC two-wheelers. All savings are provided by insurers as per IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
*Rs 538/- per annum is the price for third party motor insurance for two wheelers of not more than 75cc (non-commercial and non-electric)
#Savings are based on the comparison between the highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*₹ 1.5 is the Comprehensive premium for a 2015 TVS XL Super 70cc, MH02(Mumbai) RTO with an IDV of ₹5,895 and NCB at 50%.
*Rs 457/- per annum (1.3/day) is the price for the third-party motor insurance for private electric two-wheelers of not more than 3KW (non-commercial). Premium is payable on an annual basis