There are two different plans under the ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy, which offers the following coverage:
This plan has two variants:
- Plan A: Sum insured- Rs 5 lakh –Rs 25 Lakh
- Plan B: Sum insured – Rs 2 lakh –Rs 25 Lakh
Basic coverage provided by all both plans:
- Cumulative Bonuses
- Day Care Treatment
- Domiciliary Hospitalization Treatment
- Extended Policy Tenure
- Health Check-Up
- In-patient treatment Expenses
Inclusions of the ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Health Insurance
People looking to buy offline or online ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Health Insurance Policy should be aware of the plan inclusions. They are:
- Hospitalization Expenses: The plan provides coverage against in-patient hospitalization. These are covered upto Rs 3,000 for a standard room and Rs 7,000 for an ICU room, but the policyholder must be hospitalized for 24 hours.
- Day Care Procedures: Daycare procedures upto 171 are covered. These procedures require hospitalization of under 24 hours.
- Pre-Hospitalization: Pre-hospitalization is covered under this plan. The policy covers all the expenses for 60 days before hospitalization.
- Post- Hospitalization expenses: The policy covers all the costs for 90 days after hospitalization.
- Emergency Road Ambulance charges: For every hospitalization, the plan pays upto Rs 2,000 per event as an emergency road ambulance charge.
- AYUSH Benefits: This plan various non-allopathic treatments like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Siddha, etc., up to the sum insured limit.
Exclusions of the Plan
The exclusion of ManipalCigna Prohealth Select Health Insurance are:
- Costs of treating sexually transmitted diseases
- Injuries occurring due to self-infliction
- Regular check-ups and diagnostics
- Any pregnancy-related expenses
- Sickness or injury due to adventure sports, alcoholism, and drug abuse
- All cosmetic surgeries and procedures, etc.
*For the complete list of exclusions, refer to policy wordings.
Features & Benefits of the ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance
The features and benefits of ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy are:
- Restoration of Sum Insured: Under this benefit, on exhaustion of sum insured, the insurer restores the full sum insured amount in that policy year for unrelated illness once a year.
- Cumulative Bonus: Under this benefit for every claim-free year, ManipalCigna Health Insurance adds a bonus of 5% and a maximum of upto 100% on the premium paid by the policyholder.
- Premium Frequency: The plan offers the flexibility to choose between monthly, half-yearly, quarterly, and yearly premium frequency.
- Flexible policy term: The policy tenure is 1, 2, and 3 years.
- Tax Benefits: This policyholder gets tax benefits on this plan on the premiums paid under 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Voluntary Co-pay Benefit: There is an option in which the policyholder can voluntarily make a co-payment.
- Removal of Room Rent: There is an optional cover in which the policyholder can choose to remove the room lent limit for a single private room.
- Health-checkup: There is a health check-up facility available. The benefit is not dependent on the claims made by the policyholder. This test is done annually.
- Worldwide Emergency: If the person insured needs to be hospitalized outside India due to any illness, then the policy covers in-patient hospitalization outside India.
The policy comes with the following eligibility condition:
Minimum Entry Age
91 days for a child,
18 years for an adult
23 years with a child under the floater plan
Maximum Entry Age
Number of people covered
Self, spouse, dependent children upto 25 years of age, in-laws, siblings, and parents
People residing in India which can be Indian citizens or Permanent Residents
Information on Cancellation of the Policy
If the policyholder is not satisfied with the terms of the policy, the person insured can return or cancel the policy within 15 days from the commencement date of the policy, provided that no claim is made. The policyholder gets the full premium paid after deducting taxes and stamp charges.