New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Policy
New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Policy:
Any senior citizen residing in India and aged between 60-80 years can be covered under this policy. This mediclaim policy can be continued up to 90 years of age provided renewals are done without any break with the same company. The proposer has to undergo medical health checkup to apply for this policy.
Key Features of New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Policy:
In this policy pre-existing diseases are covered after 18 months from the date of commencement of the policy with continuous renewals from the same company.
- Pre hospitalizations expenses are covered up to 30 days
- Post hospitalization expenses are covered up to 60 days.
- ICU charges are covered up to 2% of sum insured per day.
- Ambulance charges are covered maximum up to Rs 1000.
Benefits of New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Policy:
Discount up to 10 % on choosing deductible of 10,000.
10 % discount is given on covering your spouse with the same company.
New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Premium Details:
You can choose one out of two options for sum insured available under this policy. The premium will depend on the age and the sum insured chosen by the proposer.
New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Policy Detail:
Minimum sum insured: Rs 1, 00, 000
Maximum sum insured: Rs 1, 50,000
Free look period:Free look period of this policy is 15 days that is to review the terms and conditions of the policy and if the proposer is not satisfied with the policy can return the policy during free look period.
The policyholder can avail cumulative bonus from 5% to 30% on sum insured that is after every renewal,sum insured can be increased by 5% to 30% provided the insured hasn’t filed claim in the past years. This increment will be done on the basis of number of continuous claim free years.
This mediclaim policy is issued for one year and after every one year the policy holder has to renew the policy with the same company to avail benefits like cumulative bonus as per terms and conditions.
Policyholder can port his policy to some other company as per IRDA guidelines.
Additional Riders or Features
To avail the cashless claim facility the insured has to get treatment from the agreed list of network hospitals.
Insured can cover his /her spouse under this policy.
Policyholder has to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ with accurate medical history along with the address proof. Medical examination may be required in some cases, based on the sum assured and the age of the person.
Eligibility criteria For New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Policy:
Persons in the age group of 60-80 years can be covered under this policy.
Inclusions in New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Policy:
- Day care treatments are covered up to specified limits.
- Ayurvedic treatment are covered up to 25% of sum insured provided it is required for any injury or illness.
- ICU expenses are covered under this policy.
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants’ Specialist fees are covered
Exclusions in New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Insurance Policy:
- Dental treatment is not covered except it is not arising out of any accident.
- Cosmetic surgeries are not covered except arising out of accident.
- Pre –existing diseases are not covered for 18 months from the date of commencement of policy.
- Maternity expenses are not covered under this policy.
- Sexually transmitted diseases are not covered.
- Treatment taken outside India is not covered.
You might be interested to know about other New India Assurance:
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- L&T Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Liberty Videocon Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Religare Health Insurance
- Can I get a Health Policy if I have Allergies?
- 9 Pointers for How You Can Best Utilise Your Health Insurance
- How You Can Save Taxes with Medical Expenses
- How You Can Choose the Best Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens
- Why Family Health Insurance Plan Needs a Timely Re-evaluation
- Why One Needs Health Insurance with High-risk Cover