New India Assurance Family Floater Mediclaim Policy
New India Assurance Company has launched this family floater mediclaim plan to protect your loved ones under a single sum insured. It is an economic plan as the coverage is provided to you, your spouse and 2 dependent children under a single plan.
Features & Benefits of New India Assurance Family Floater Mediclaim Plan
Here is a quick rundown of the benefits and features of this plan:
- Cumulative bonus benefit
- Premium is calculated on the basis of geographical location and age where you are undergoing the treatment
- Anyone between the age group of 18 years and 60 years can buy this plan.
- Income Tax Benefit under Sec80/D of IT Act
- It insured you, your spouse and dependent children (maximum two)
- Please note that coverage is not extensible to in-laws even if they are residing with the insurer
- Premium is based on the age of the eldest family member
- 50% loading is applicable in case the spouse is covered. And 25% loading is applicable for each dependent child
Claim Procedure of New India Assurance Family Floater Mediclaim Plan
If the treatment is taken in a non-network hospital then you need to follow the below mentioned procedure:
- Right before the hospitalization , you need to immediately notify the TPA about the diagnosis of the illness
- In case of an urgent situation, try to inform the insurance company at least within 2 hours of the hospitalization. You will need to provide –
- Medical receipts, hospital invoices, hospital admission, and discharge proof
- Lab reports (required as part of the treatment)
- Medical prescriptions
- Doctor’s certificate validating the nature of surgery, treatment, and operation
- In-hospitalization receipts of room charges, doctor consultation fees and also blood, anesthesia charges
- Post-hospitalization expenses can be compensated if you submit all the essential documents within 7 days of discharge
Cashless treatment is available in network hospitals. Once your claim is approved you can avail the treatment by furnishing the proof of your medical Insurance policy.