Universal Sompo Individual Health Insurance Plan
Universal Sompo Individual Health Insurance Overview
Universal Sompo Individual Health Insurance Policy provides full protection against any illness or medical emergencies. It is a single policy for you and your family which manages all your medical expenses and ensures quality health and happiness.
Key Features and Coverage of Universal Sompo Individual Health Insurance
- The policy offers a wide Coverage sum insured up to Rs.5, 00,000.
- Individuals above 46 years need to undergo medical check-up prior of buying this policy.
- This policy is restricted to the hospitals/nursing homes of India only.
- Any person can take this policy up to an age of 55 years.
- The premium paid is exempt from Income Tax under Sec 80 D of Income Tax Act (Tax Benefits are subject to change in tax laws).
- This policy can be extended to cover some critical illnesses.
Universal Sompo Individual Health Insurance Policy at a Glance
- Sum Assured - Maximum sum assured of 5 lac.
- Age limit - Any person can take this policy up to an age of 55 years.
- Policy termination - Policyholder is allowed to terminate the policy at any time by giving a 15 day written notice. In case no claim has been made under the policy, percentage of premium will be refunded.
- Free look period - If you are not satisfied with the policy, you have the option of cancelling the policy within 15 days of receipt of the policy documents, provided there has been no claim.
Exclusions in Universal Sompo Individual Health Insurance
- Contraction of any disease during the first 30 days of commencement of the policy.
- Waiting period of 1 year from commencement of policy for certain diseases like cataract, hysterectomy, etc.
- Any illness or disease contracted due to intake of alcohol or other addictive substances will not be covered.
- Any illness or disease due to war or invasion.
Documents Required to buy Individual Health Insurance by Universal Sompo
An individual has to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ with accurate medical history along with the address proof. Medical examination may be required in some cases, based on the sum assured and the age of the person.
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- L&T Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Liberty Videocon Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Religare Health Insurance
- All You Need to Know About SBI Health Insurance
- Why You Should Consider Group Health Insurance
- Are Senior Citizen Health Policies Restrictive?
- Want to Port Your Medical Insurance Plan? Here is How to Do It
- Myths and Facts about Critical Illness Insurance
- Common Health Insurance Mistakes and How to Correct Them