Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Claim
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance ensures the settlement of bike insurance claims in a seamless and hassle-free procedure. Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policyholders can get their claims settled in a digitized manner. The Insure is known to settle claims up to Rs 10,000 in a matter of 20 minutes only. You can also check your Bajaj Allianz bike insurance claim status on your mobile phone.Read more
How to File Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Cashless Claims?
Under a cashless claim, the policyholder does not have to pay for the entire amount to the repair workshop upfront. The procedure of cashless claim settlement under the Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Policy is given below:
Step 1: Register the claim
In case of an unfortunate accident, the policyholder should immediately contact the insurance company and in case of an accident, you need to file an FIR with the police.
- Provider the requisite details viz. description of the location, time of an accident, witnesses’ details, etc.
- You can register the claim on the Insurer’s website or call them on their toll-free helpline number 1800-209-5858 or mail them at email@example.com
- You can also register the claim through Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited. You can contact the claim experts at Policybazaar at their toll-free number and email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your claim is registered you will receive a notification on email
Step 2: Damage Assessment
Post-registration of the claim, a surveyor is assigned by the insurer to visit the location of the mishap, inspect and assess the magnitude of the damages incurred by the two-wheeler on account of the accident. After the inspection, the two-wheeler is taken for necessary repairs.
You can also self-inspect and upload the pictures of your damaged vehicle along with the RC and your driving license
Step 3: Get the Bike Repaired
Post the inspection of the bike you can take it to the nearest garage. The insurance company may also arrange for the towing service, on request.
Step 4: Claim Settlement
On completion of repairs, the garage will provide all the relevant invoices to the insurance company. After the examination of the bills and the two-wheeler by the insurance company, the policyholder will have to pay the deductible and depreciation amount. The remaining amount will be directly paid to the network garage by the insurance company.
How to File Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Reimbursement Claim?
The policyholder needs to file claims for reimbursement of the expenses incurred at the repair workshop. This reimbursement process involves the following steps:
Once you have registered the claim and damage assessment has been done the steps that you need to follow are given below:
- Take the two-wheeler to a garage of choice and pay for the repairs.
- You need to send all the relevant invoice(s) and other requisite document(s) to the insurance company for the claim.
- After verifying the details, the insurance company computes the reimbursement amount after factoring in all the deductibles and depreciation. The insurance company shall then disburse the final claim amount in your registered bank account.
- In the event of a theft, the owner shall file a complaint in writing with the police and intimate the insurance company on the toll-free helpline number.
- If the two-wheeler is not found within 90 days, the police should be asked to issue a Non-Traceable Report (which is an undertaking that they are still to find the two-wheeler) and hand over the report to the insurer.
List of Documents Required
The following is the list of documents that the policyholder needs to file for a bike insurance claim:
- Claim Form
- Receipts for Tax payments (as applicable)
- Copy of Driving license
- Registration Certificate or the RC of the bike
- Copy of Policy Document
- Copy of Police FIR (First Information Receipt)
- Original Repair bills
Common Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
The insurance company may reject a claim under the following circumstances:
- Delay in intimation about the mishap to the insurer
- Registration of a fraud Claim
- Driving without a license or under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Misinterpretation of facts
- Act of negligence.
Bajaj Allianz No Claim Bonus
The policyholder can avail of No Claim Bonus (NCB) for every claim-free year. This bonus is given as an incentive for safe driving by the insurance company and accumulates over a period. In the fifth consecutive year, the bonus increases to 50%.
If the policyholder decides to port the insurance policy to a different insurance company at the time of renewal or decides to sell the two-wheeler to purchase a new bike, the NCB gets transferred.
Explore Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance
Q1. What are the additional details that the policyholder requires at the time of filing a Bajaj Allianz bike insurance claim?
The bike owner may keep some of these additional details handy while filing for a claim:
- Contact Details
- Engine and Chassis Number of the two-wheeler
- Kilometre reading
- Time and Date of the damage incident
- Description and location of the incident
- Vehicle inspection address
Q2. What is the maximum taken to settle a Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance claim if the insured submits all the documents?
After submitting all the requisite documents to the insurer, Bajaj Allianz Bike Insurance Claim settlement should not take more than 30 days. In rare cases, the process can take a little longer, if there is a further need for investigation or any other complications.
It is advised that policyholders resist filing a claim for minor damages, to retain the NCB. The No-claim-bonus ranges from 20% to 50%.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
03 Nov 2023Bike insurance is an essential financial safety net in case of
03 Nov 2023Among all the bike insurance add-ons available in the market
25 Oct 2023When claiming on your bike insurance policy, you always look for
17 Oct 2023Tropical cyclones are prevalent, causing a huge loss of human
13 Oct 2023For two-wheeler owners, adequate coverage is crucial to keep