SBI General Bike Insurance Claim
SBI General Insurance Company is one of the leading General Insurance providers in India that settles thousands of claims successfully every year. The Insurer has deployed different helpdesks to assist its customers’ queries and claim requests. SBI General Bike insurance claim process has been simplified for its customers and the details are given below.Read more
How to File SBI General Bike Insurance Cashless Claims?
The steps to be followed for a cashless SBI Bike Insurance Claim are simple. The claim process can also be initiated through Policybazaar’s website online by filling in the necessary information in the online form provided. Following are the steps of the cashless claim settlement procedure –
- Inform SBI General Insurance Company: To start the claim settlement process, you may get in touch with one of their representatives to inform about an accident, theft, or damages or losses incurred, for which you need to claim the amount during the policy term.
- Register Claim:A claim manager from the Insurer will get in touch with the policyholder within 24 hours of intimating the Insurer. During claim registration you need to provide the following information to the claim representative:
- Policy number
- Date and time of the accident
- Description of the loss or damage incurred by the bike
- Contact details of the insured person
- Name of the driver
- Driving license of the driver at the time of the accident
- Location of survey where a member of SBI General Insurance Company will survey vehicle
A claim reference number will be provided to the policyholder by the claim representative, who will be used for further contact or reference. One can download the claim form from the Policybazaar website of SBI General, or one can head to the nearest SBI General Insurance Company’ Branch to collect the claim form.
- Survey of Damages: The amount of damage incurred by the bike during the unfortunate incident will be surveyed by the Insurer. Once the survey is done, you can submit the claim form along with the policy documents.
- Settlement of Claim:After the survey is completed and the forms submitted, the surveyor will approve. The claim amount will be calculated depending on the type of policy. Once everything is done, the claim will be settled, and the insured's bike will be compensated, and the insurer will cover the expenses.
Sbi General Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
How to File SBI Reimbursement Bike Insurance Claim?
A reimbursement claim can be made if the damaged two-wheeler is repaired in a non-network garage. To file a reimbursement claim, you need to follow the steps as given below:
- Inform the Insurer: You can file a reimbursement claim by giving a ring to the SBI General Insurance Company’s toll-free customer care number 1800 102 1111. Contact the SBI General immediately after the incident occurs. Alternatively, you can speak to the bike insurance claim team at Policybazaar or write to us at email@example.com.
- Register a Claim: Within 24 hours of the call after the accident, the SBI claims representative will revert to the policyholder asking for the details about the accident. The policyholder will get a claim reference number for future reference.
- Survey of Damages: A surveyor on behalf of the Insurance Company will assess the bike for damages or losses that were incurred during the accident. After a thorough examination, the surveyor appointed will formulate a cost estimate for the repair of the bike or bike parts. One can hand over the required documents to the surveyor before the repair, including the signed claim form.
- Repair and Reimbursement:After the approval given by the surveyor, the bike can be sent for repairs. The receipt of the repairs along with important policy documents will be submitted to the insurer. The Insurer will verify the details and, reimburse the amount to the policyholder.
Documents required during SBI Bike Insurance Claim Settlement
Certain documents are required at the time of claim settlement. Some of them are given below –
- Claims Form, duly filled and signed
- Driving license of the person driving at the time of the accident
- Copy of Vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC)
- Copy of the SBI bike insurance policy
- Original repair invoice, repair estimate, and receipt of payment in case of non-cashless claims
All the above documents are mandatory to have at the time of claim settlement.
Common SBI General Bike Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
SBI General Bike Insurance Claim can get rejected due to the following reasons:
- Act of negligence
- Absence of details and documents required in the claim process
- Driving without a driver’s license
- Registration of fraud claim
- Delay in contact after the accident
You can opt for a Zero depreciation cover, personal accident cover, and roadside assistance cover, along with a basic two-wheeler insurance policy.
The Insurer offers No-Claim-Bonus if the policyholder does not file any SBI General Insurance claim during the policy term. This can be obtained either as inclusion in the comprehensive bike insurance plan or a standalone own damage cover. This is offered for all kinds of damage for two-wheelers as a reward to the policyholder for making no claims and has a cumulative nature.
You can give a ring to the SBI General Insurance Company’s toll-free number 1800-102-1111 within 24 hours of the incident. For SMS, you can send ‘CLAIM’ to 561612 to get in touch with the Insurer. Email can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the claim procedure.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
30 Sep 2022A motorbike, be it of any type, need regular care to keep it in...
29 Aug 2022Buying a bike or any other two-wheeler has become easier with a...
04 Aug 2022Buying a two-wheeler can be a significant step in one's life as...
25 Jul 2022Keeping your bike free from dents and scratches is one of the...
19 Jul 2022Two-wheelers are one of the most convenient and affordable modes...