Edelweiss Bike Insurance Claim
The Edelweiss General Insurance Company Ltd. covers you from damages that have occurred to you or your property or even third parties. The damages covered by the policy depend on the plan that you have chosen. A third-party plan covers the damages incurred to a third party. On the other hand, a comprehensive plan will cover your damages and the third party's damages.Read more
Documents Required to Raise a Third-party Bike Claim
A policyholder or policy buyer must know what documents they must submit in case they have to request a claim. So, the documents required to file a claim are:
- The list of documents that are required for accidental claims are:
- Claim form appropriately signed by the insured
- Registration certificate copy of the bike
- Driving license
- FIR copy
- Repair estimate
- Repair bills and payment proof or discharge
- Documents required by AML guidelines
- The list of documents that are required for theft claims:
- Claim form appropriately signed by Insured
- Original policy document
- Original registration certificate
- All original keys, the service booklet, warranty card, the original purchase invoice.
- Police Panchanama or FIR and final report or non-traceable report.
- Acknowledged copy of the letter addressed to RTO (Regional Transport Office) intimating theft and forming 'NON-USE'.
- RTO transfer papers duly signed
- Consent for agreed claim settlement value from your side and the financier.
- NOC from the financier if the claim is to be settled in your favour
- The Subrogation letter, indemnity bond, and the discharge voucher
- Documents required by AML guidelines
- The list of documents that are required for personal accidents & third-party claims:
- Personal Accident Claims:
- Death certificate
- Post-mortem report
- Legal heir certificate
- Certificate of disablement, in case of permanent partial disability
- Third-Party Claims:
- Insurance policy copy
- Claim form duly signed
- Police FIR copy
- Registration certificate copy
- Driving license copy
- MACT/Legal notice
- Claimant details
- Supporting documents
Edelweiss Third-party Bike Insurance Claim Process
If you want to file a cashless claim for your Edelweiss bike insurance policy, then these steps are to be followed:
- Step 1– Contact your insurer and request a claim. You can call them, or you can email them about the claim request.
- Step 2– File an FIR at a police station in case of theft or an accident since it is mandatory for these types of events.
- Step 3– Now, bring your bike to a repair shop authorized by your Insurer. The insurance company now will send someone to verify and analyze the situation and to prepare a report. Then that report will be submitted to the insurer.
- Step 4– Repair your bike/ two-wheeler and collect the bills since these bills will be required to get your claim accepted by the insurance company.
- Step 5– Now submitted all the documents to your insurer. They will verify everything and will conclude whether to accept your claim or to reject it.
Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Common Reasons For Bike Insurance Claim Rejections
The common reasons for claim rejections at Edelweiss Insurance company are:
- Driving without a license- You must possess a valid driving license while riding your bike; otherwise, your claim will be rejected.
- Drunk Driving- If you were riding your bike in an intoxicated state, and any accident happens, then your claim will be rejected.
- If some claims were not promised in the policy. For example, if you have a third-party bike insurance policy and request a claim for damages that have occurred to your bike, your claim will be rejected unless you bought some add-ons such as the "own property damage" cover.
- If you hold a learner's license, you have to ride your bike with someone who has a valid driving license sitting on the passenger seat. Otherwise, your claim will be rejected.
Edelweiss Bike Insurance No-claim-bonus
A no-claim bonus or NCB is a reward in the form of a discount on the premium offered by the insurance company if no claims were raised in a year. And this reward can be claimed from the 2nd year onwards.
The claim settlement ratio is the percentage of claims settled in a year out of the total claims raised.
In a cashless claim, the payment for the repair will be provided by the insurer directly to the garage where you have got your two-wheeler repaired.
You can contact your insurer and enquire whether your preferred repair shop is a cashless one or not.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
24 Jun 2022In life, keeping yourself financially secure is important as...
15 Jun 2022The pace of electric vehicle adoption in India is growing fast...
09 Jun 2022A motorcycle protective gear is as important as motorcycle...
08 Jun 2022Since there are different types of bike insurance policies...
06 Jun 2022As per an NGO report in IndiaTV, nearly 25 teenagers get killed...