United India Bike Insurance Claim
The United India Insurance Company provides a comprehensive and third-party bike insurance policy to its customers. While the comprehensive bike insurance plan offers coverage for all types of issues that bike owners may face while driving on the road, the third-party plan only covers liabilities caused to third parties. Irrespective of whether you have a United India comprehensive policy or third-party policy, situations may arise that you feel the need to claim your policy. United India Insurance Company is known for having a high claim settlement ratio because of its simple customer-friendly claim process.Read more
How to file a United India Bike Insurance claim?
To file a United India Bike Insurance claim, you must follow the following steps:
Step-1: Irrespective of the cause of the damage, the first step is to inform the insurer. It can be done by either visiting the official website or by calling on the customer care number.
Step-2: After you have informed the insurer, the next step is to register your claim. It can be done online or offline. If you wish to follow the offline procedure, you will have to visit the branch office where you have bought your policy. If you want to follow the online process of registering, then:
- Visit the United India motor insurance official website
- Click on the ‘Claim’ option, which is easily visible on the front page
- You will be taken to a customer portal that will ask for your registered details. Once you enter the required information, you will be further directed to continue with the process
Step-3: The next step depends on the cause of damage.
- Suppose the damage has been caused due to an accident, riots, etc. In that case, you will have to wait until a professional from United India reaches the spot to evaluate the extent of the damage
- If it is a case of theft, then first, you will have to file an FIR and then approach the insurer
- If it is an accident with a third party, you must inform the police before approaching the insurer
Step-4: After the FIR, or assessment of the damage by the United India Insurance Company’s experts, whichever applies to your situation, you will have to take your two-wheeler to a service center. The service center professional will give you a report mentioning all the estimated costs that will incur on repairing.
Step-5: Once you have got the report from the professional, you can submit your claim form along with the report and other required documents.
Step-6: The United India Insurance Company’s experts will conduct a final survey, after which the repairing work can be started.
Step-7: Their experts will then process your application, verify your documents, and if all their terms and conditions are met, your claim will be settled
Things to keep in mind while filing a United India Bike Insurance Claim
Though the United India Bike Insurance claim procedure is simple, following the process according to their terms and conditions is essential. If you fail to meet their requirements, it may lead to the rejection of your claim application. Therefore, the following are the things to be kept in mind:
- The insurer should be informed as soon as possible, preferably within 24 hours
- In case of accidents, riots, etc., the vehicle shouldn’t be moved from its spot until the survey by the United India expert is done
- Police FIR is compulsory in case of accidents and thefts. Without the FIR, no procedure will be carried on
- The repairs should only be started after the final survey is completed
United India Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Common reasons for claim rejections in United India Insurance Company
Following are the scenarios where United India Insurance Company may reject your claim application:
- Delay in informing the insurer
- Damage caused by drunk driving
- Damage caused by someone who was driving without a license
- Damage caused outside the boundaries of the country
- Approaching the insurer with issues not covered by the policy
- Absence or faults found in documents
- Commencement of repairing before the final survey
Yes, you can take your two-wheeler to any service center for repair and get a claim. But, two things to be kept in mind:
- The report of estimated costs is to be compulsorily submitted to the insurer
- The repair has to wait until the final survey is completed
Q2. What happens if I never feel the requirement of claiming the United India Bike Insurance policy?
In this case, you will be eligible for a no-claim bonus. It is a reward awarded to you for safe driving and not raising a claim in the past year.
The deductions under the no-claim bonus range from 20% - 50%. For the first year, it is 20%. It increases gradually from the following years.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
04 Oct 2022In India, many road accidents are caused due to rash driving or...
30 Sep 2022A motorbike, be it of any type, need regular care to keep it in...
29 Aug 2022Buying a bike or any other two-wheeler has become easier with a...
04 Aug 2022Buying a two-wheeler can be a significant step in one's life as...
25 Jul 2022Keeping your bike free from dents and scratches is one of the...