Oriental Bike Insurance Claim
Oriental General Insurance offers seamless services and helps you register bike insurance claims both offline and online. While raising a bike insurance claim, ensure to follow the required procedure and keep all the required documents handy. However, for both reimbursement and cashless claims make sure that the insurer is informed immediately in case of theft or accident involving the insured bike.Read more
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
The following is a list of documents that are generally necessary for raising an Oriental Bike Insurance claim -
- Accurately filled form of the claim
- Copy of the policy document and premium receipt
- First Information Report (FIR) / Police Panchanama
- Investigation report from the police (if and when necessary)
- Photocopies or video proof of the damage
- Original copy of the individual’s driving license, along with a Xerox copy
- Original copy of the vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC), along with a Xerox copy
- Cost estimation slip from a vehicle repairer (for when there are damages to the vehicle)
- Authentic bill copies related to the repairs of the vehicle
- Road tax verification (if and when necessary)
- Proof of age
- Death certificate (if and when required)
- Postmortem report (if and when needed)
The following is a list of documents that are required for raising a claim in the case of the involvement of a third party-
- Xerox copy of the policy along with the receipt of the premium(s)
- FIR copy
- Driving license copy
- Statement regarding the accident (from the driver)
- Personal details of the injured/killed person in the accident
- Address details of the police station where the accident was reported
- Address details of the hospital that admitted the injured/killed person
- Injury certification/ Postmortem report copy
- Vakalatnama (should be signed by both the driver and owner of the vehicle)
- Third party's details of the damage and loses
Oriental Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
How to Make Cashless Oriental Bike Insurance Claims?
The insurance provider should be made aware of the incident within twenty-four hours of its occurrence. You can also file claims on the Policybazaar’s website. You can go to the Two-wheeler Insurer>> Claims Section and fill in the required information. Further, there are four steps to complete the process of claim-making; they are listed as below-
- Connect with the Insurance Company- You need to inform the Insurer at their helpline numbers, official website, or by visiting a branch near to them. You can also get in touch with the claim experts at Policybazaar.com or write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claim Registration- Once the Insurer is informed; a representative will get in touch with you. You will need to provide details regarding your policy, like the policy number and where and when the incident occurred. The company employee will then inform the customer of their claim registration numeric code.
- Damage Survey- After a successful claim registration, a surveyor from the insurance company would analyze the damages. The employee would then make a cost estimation of the repairs and replacements required. Customers are asked for the necessary documents and proof regarding the incident.
- Settlement of the claim- Once the survey is completed and the documentation is completed; the Insurer will settle the claim amount.
How to File Oriental Bike Insurance Reimbursement Claims?
Similar to a cashless bike insurance claim, there are four steps for a reimbursement claim, they are briefly discussed below-
- Connect with the insurance company- The Company officials can be contacted via the official website, helpline numbers, or by visiting the nearest branch office. Youcan file the claim through Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited and speak to their insurance experts for the same.
- Claim registration- One of the Insurer’s representatives would get in touch with you. This employee would collect details regarding the policy and incident. Once done, the representative will provide the customers with a claim registration numeric code.
- Damage Survey- Before the vehicle is taken for repairs, one of their representatives will survey the damages incurred. You would need to submit the necessary documents to the employee, who will provide a cost estimation slip. Documents include appropriate claim papers, witness details, etc.
- Reimbursement of Expenses- The policyholder can now get the two-wheeler repaired in a garage of their choice; the policyholder themselves should bear the repair cost. After the vehicle is restored, the required documents like receipts and bill slips should be submitted to the insurance company.
Common Claim Rejection Reasons
Some specific reasons and conditions result in the rejection of a claim. Few such reasons that can potentially lead to rejection of Oriental bike insurance claims are given below-
- Incidents that occur due to negligence on the part of the policyholder
- Incidents that occur when the policyholder does not possess a driving license on them
- Misapprehension of statements
- Raising a bogus claim
- Incidents that occur when the driver is under substance influence (DUI)
- Inability to report the incident to the insurance company in the set period of twenty-four hours
Oriental Bike Insurance No Claim Bonus
The Oriental Bike Insurance Claim Policy also provides for a No Claim Bonus. The no-claim bonus is cumulative in nature and is accrued over every year with zero claims raised by the customer. NCB can go up to 50% for not filing a claim for 5-consecutive policy years. If the policy is not renewed timely NCB becomes null and void.
Proofs of the incidents can be produced in the form of photos, videos, and statements from bystanders.
Q2. Can a customer raise an Oriental Bike Insurance claim for damage resulting due to natural disasters?
Yes, customers can claim when there is damage because of natural disasters like cyclones or storms, provided the conditions are found satisfactory by the insurance company.
Yes, the insurer provides an easy and hassle-free method online as well as offline to file bike insurance claims.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
02 Feb 2023Over 49.7% of Indian households possess a two-wheeler as per a
11 Jan 2023In India, third-party bike insurance is a mandatory requirement
06 Jan 2023Unlike a fuel bike, electric two-wheelers are easy to ride and
06 Jan 2023Riding a dirt bike is an enjoyable experience for many people
30 Dec 2022Amid the rising number of bike insurance fraudulent cases such