TATA AIG Bike Insurance Claim
TATA AIG General Insurance Company provides its customers with an easy and seamless claim settlement process and has assisted thousands of its customers in riding their bikes without any worry. The insurer has a claim settlement ratio above 90% that reflects positively on its claim paying abilities. You can file a bike insurance claim with the insurer after an accident if you wish to get compensated for your own damages or third party damage.Read more
How to File TATA AIG Bike Insurance Claim?
TATA AIG Bike Insurance provides free repairs and replacement of the insured bike in its network garages. The company will bear the cost of these repairs, thus settling the claim without involving any cash. Here are the simple steps to be followed to file cashless bike insurance claims:
1. Reach out to the customer support
The policyholder needs to contact the Insurer and inform them about the accident soon after. You need to provide them with the necessary details as asked by them. Contact them to start the process of a cashless claim by giving a call at the toll-free number or sending SMS “CLAIMS” to 5616181.
The claim process can be initiated from the Policybazaar website also. Enter the vehicle and policy details in the form provided. The insured person also needs to note down the number of the other vehicle. They can also collect the details of witnesses.
2. Claim Registration: The Company will appoint a representative who will contact the policyholder within 48 hours of claim intimation. Once the claim is registered, you will get a registration number for your claim. You will also be informed about the steps he needs to follow next.
3. Towing service: The customer can request in writing with the company to assist in vehicle towing services. The insurer may also cover towing expenses in case of specific add-on cover.
4. Repairs and Survey: The insurer will also dispose of an inspector who will be in charge of the vehicle assessment and the extent of damage sustained by it. The surveyor will also ask for all the necessary documents required before starting the repairs at a garage. The holder is required to keep his documents ready and hand them over when asked.
5. Claim Settlement
After assessing all the damage and confirming the liability, the insurer will pay for your bike's repair expenses to the network garage minus the deductibles. Thus, the claim can be settled without cash.
How to File TATA AIG Bike Insurance Reimbursement Claim?
Here are the simple steps to be followed to file bike insurance reimbursement claims:
1. Registering a Claim
Call the toll-free number to talk to the customer care executive and file a claim request. You can provide the customer care executive with all the necessary details of the accident. One can also file the claim on the website. After the request is accepted, they will be provided with a claim reference number. One can keep it safe for further processes. One also needs to collect all the necessary documents as intimated. They can download and fill up the claim form from the website.
2. Vehicle Repairs
After the completion of registration, the insurer will appoint an inspector to assess the damage. It is only after the inspection that the customer can take their bike for repairs to the nearest garage.
The policyholder needs to submit a set of documents to the appointed inspector, like a claim form and certificate of claim registration.
4. Reimbursement of Claim
The next step is to send the bike to a garage for repairs. You will need to take care of the bills there from your own pocket. You can collect all the bills and receipts as proof and produce them at the time of reimbursement, along with other documents. The insurer will deduct any amount from the deductibles and finally disburses the claim amount to the insured.
Documents required at the time of Claim
The list of documents required at the time of claim settlement is given below:
- A complete claim form and signed properly
- Registration certificate or (RC)
- Driving License
- Copy of FIR if applicable
- Original receipts and bills for reimbursement claim
Reasons for TATA AIG Bike Insurance Claim Rejection
TATA AIG General Insurance has predefined a set of conditions that the policyholder must fulfil in order to be considered for claim settlement. Below mentioned are a few common claim rejection reasons:
- Incomplete or improperly filled claim form
- Any act of carelessness, negligence, and rash driving
- The driver was driving without RC or DL
- Any incorrect information or mismatch with the claim form. It would be rendered as fraud if the holder provided the wrong information at the time of inception.
- Delay in informing the insurer about the accident
- In case one is a second-hand vehicle owner without ownership in his name.
- When you do not report the damage or accident to the company before getting your bike repaired
- Inactive policy when the accident occurred
- Improper functioning of the vehicle parts
- Insufficient details present to process the claim
Tata Aig Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
You should try to intimate the insurer immediately after the accident if you are not injured. Anyhow the insurer needs to be contacted and informed within 24 hours of the accident.
The Insurer offers no claim bonus for every claim-free year to its customers. The NCB is zero during inception. Every claim-free year adds a discount, ultimately lowering your premium amount. It is necessary that the claim-free years should be consecutive without any gap.
No, trivial claims and untimely renewal will make your NCB invalid.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
04 Aug 2022Buying a two-wheeler can be a significant step in one's life as...
25 Jul 2022Keeping your bike free from dents and scratches is one of the...
19 Jul 2022Two-wheelers are one of the most convenient and affordable modes...
19 Jul 2022A bike loan is one of the best ways and has become immensely...
12 Jul 2022Natural disasters are unforeseen weather conditions that cause...