Care Health Insurance for Cancer
Cancer is a serious illness that can put your entire financial planning go for a toss. Care health Insurance (formerly known as Religare Health Insurance) provides Cancer Mediclaim policy, which is a comprehensive medical solution to help you and your loved ones beat Cancer with the right treatment. This cancer mediclaim policy offers coverage irrespective of the stage of the disease. The policy features and benefits are described below:
Claim Settlement Ratio ( 2018-19)
Cancer Stage Cover
All the Stages
Eligibility criteria for Care Health Insurance for Cancer
Anyone starting from 5 years to 50 years of age can buy this plan. The policy term options are 1, 2,and 3 years.
Features of Care Health Insurance for Cancer
- Wide range of sum insured option ranging from Rs 10 Lakh to Rs 2 Crore
- Avail quick and hassle-free claim settlement facility
- Payment will be made for all the stages of cancer
- Lifelong renewability is possible
- Pre-policy medical screening is not required
- There are no sub-limits on ICU charges
- The premium can be paid monthly or one time
- Payment of insured amount is made in Lump sum to the proposer
- There is no specific ailment related waiting period
- No-claim-bonus up to 100%
- You can save tax on the premium paid annually as per Sec.80/D of the Income Tax Act
Inclusions of Care Health Insurance for Cancer
It covers illnesses/diseases/surgeries related to Cancer including the following:
- Hospitalization Expenses: The policy covers in-patient care charges, day care treatments, and radiotherapy and chemotherapy charges up to the SI limit.
- Organ Donor Expenses- They are covered up to the coverage amount or Rs 15 Lakh ( whichever is lower)
- International Second Opinion Cover- You can claim this once per covered condition per policy year
- Air Ambulance Cover- It is covered up to Rs 5 Lakh
- Health Services- This includes Quick Recovery Counseling, Doctor on call, OPD expenses up to Rs 25000, and Global coverage for 45 days up to the Sum insured limit, available only in SI greater than Rs 1 Crore
Exclusions of Care Health Insurance for Cancer
This cancer mediclaim policy does not cover the following:
- Any disease that is diagnosed during the initial 90 days from the policy inception date
- Diseases or health ailments resulting war-like conditions, rebellion, nuclear attacks, an act of foreign enemy and terrorist activities etc.
- Self-inflicted injuries and treatment required due to mental conditions like depression, anxiety and psychological disorders
- Hospitalization/damage resulting from the drug overdose, alcohol consumption and any other intoxication
- Any type of occupational diseases
- Any natural calamity like hurricane, earthquake, storm, volcanic eruptions etc.
Check policy documents for detailed exclusions or speak to our medical insurance customer care representatives.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 28 January 2021