Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H)
Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H) is a mediclaim policy designed for individuals traveling outside India. The policy offers coverage for 30 days based on the norms and guidelines as applicable. The insured persons can get coverage for any sudden illness, personal accident, loss of belongings, and loss due to delays under this plan. They can communicate with two organizations, such as Heritage Health Services Private Limited in India and April USA Assistance, Inc. located in India and USA in case of a claim. No refund of premium is allowed if the person insured returns to India before the policy expiry date.
The minimum eligibility conditions to buy this policy are:
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Number of people covered
Person traveling overseas
Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H) Insurance Policy is a mediclaim policy applicable only for insured individuals who want to travel to overseas countries for 30 days.
- Treatment for Diseases, Illness and Injuries: The policy covers the cost of treatment for any illnesses, illness and injuries contracted overseas, provided that the insured individuals have commenced their journey within 14 days from the policy issuance day.
- Personal Accident Cover: Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Health Insurancecovers personal accidents while overseas only.
- Loss of Baggage: The policy covers losses incurred by losing checked-in- baggage during the travel period. The insurer will replace or pay the intrinsic value of any lost article.
- Delay of Checked-in Baggage: The policy will cover the delay in arriving of the checked-in baggage, if it does not arrive within 12 hours from the expected arrival time. It will cover the expenses incurred by the insured individuals to purchase replacement items.
- Passport and Personal Liability: The policyholders will get coverage for loss of passport if they have informed the insurer within 24 hours from the time the incident took place.
- Additional Benefits Cover: The policy also covers expenses related to hijacking distress, daily hospital expenses, trip delay expenses etc.
Inclusions of the Policy
The list of inclusions also considers the following expenses:
- Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H)Insurance Policy offers a hijack distress allowance of USD 125 per day. The maximum benefit of USD 1000 is provided throughout this policy.
- The policyholders can get a hospital daily cash allowance of USD 20. It can offer a maximum of USD 200 cash allowance.
- Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H)Insurance Policy will offer trip distance allowance of USD 25 per day. The maximum benefit of USD 250 is offered throughout this policy.
- The policy offers medical expenses cover and repatriation up to USD 15,000.
- The policyholders can get personal accident cover up to USD 7500 only.
- The policyholders will get coverage for baggage loss, treatment for diseases or illness, personal accident, delay in luggage delivery, loss of passport and other liability etc.
- The policy charges indemnity cost up to USD 10,000 if the insured individuals fail to be present for the medical examination called for by the insurer.
Exclusions of the Policy
The policy will not cover the following expenses:
When the insured individuals traveling to other countries for availing medical treatment
- Death or injuries occurred due to suicidal attempts
- The injuries occurred due to war, nuclear weapons, military operations or adventure sports participation
- If the accident occurred while traveling with improper driving precautions The policy excludes coverage in some instances as applicable under Section A, B, C, D, E and F of the policy clause.
Features & Benefits of the Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H) Health Insurance
The policy offers a mediclaim facility to insured individuals traveling outside of India for a certain period.
- Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H)Health Insurance covers the necessary costs incurred during the travel period. It aims to support insured individuals traveling outside India if they come across any sudden sickness, accidents, loss of belongings, and other losses.
- The policy is applicable for 30 days period traveling outside India.
- The policy covers individuals of the age group from 6 months to 70 years.
- Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H)Health Insurance allows 7 days of automatic extension of the policy if the policyholders cannot control the travel period's delay.
- In case of an eventuality, the policyholder can approach Heritage Health Services Private Limited in India and April USA Assistance, Inc. in the USA for further support through the online Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H) platform direct contact.
- Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H)Health Insurance covers six key needs of the insured individuals. These are personal accident, loss of checked baggage, delay of checked baggage, loss of passport, personal liability as applicable under Section A, B, C, D, E and F of the Policy clause.
Cancellation Terms of the Policy
The policyholders must consider following cancellation norms in case they want to cancel Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Health Insurance.
- The policyholders cannot cancel the policy within 14 days from the date of policy issuance.
- Oriental Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H)Health Insurance can be canceled if the journey was not initiated and the passport as proof has been presented to the insurer.
- If insured persons cancel the policy, they would require paying cancellation charges as applicable. They will not get any refund if the policy is canceled before the expiry date.
Ans: If the person's age is more than 70 years, he or she is required to undergo a medical checkup to qualify for the policy.
Ans: The organization will cover up to USD 100 for medical services or a series of services. (Standard T&C Apply)
Ans: Any incidents, accidents or issues found for the insured individuals traveling outside India will be enforceable to the Law of the Republic of India.
Ans: Any sum payable under this policy will not carry any interest.
Ans: As per 2018-2019 data, the insurer has a claim settlement ratio of the insurer is 90.06%. It shows the high credibility of the policy as offered by the company.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 25 February 2021