Oriental Happy Cash policy
Oriental Happy Cash policy offered by Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. that covers expenses related to emergency medical hospitalisation such as lodging, food, conveyance, etc. The policy helps to provide extra security to the policyholder that is usually not provided by all health insurance plans.
The minimum eligibility conditions to buy this policy are:
Individual or Family Basis
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Retail policyholders are allowed up to 75 years
Number of people covered
Spouse, Dependent children (3 months -18 years), Parents or Parents-in-law
Indian Residents and Citizens
The Oriental Happy cash policy offers a daily cash benefit up to the sum insured for a limit of 30 or 60 days based on the policy chosen.
Oriental Happy Cash Insurance Policy provides the following basic coverage:
- Hospitalization Benefit- The policy will pay any hospitalization expenses up to the daily cash limit for 30/60 days of hospitalization.
- Convalescence Benefit - If the hospitalization period exceeds 30/60 days, convalescence benefit is provided per policy period.
- AYUSH Benefit- Medical expenses incurred for Ayurveda treatment is provided, given the hospitalization is either in a government hospital or any other related medical college.
Inclusions of the Policy
The Oriental Happy Cash Health Insurance provides the following benefits apart from the basic coverage:
- Daily Cash Benefit - With 4 options Rs 500, Rs 1000, Rs 2000, Rs 3000 as per the sum insured with a daily cash benefit period of up to 30 days or 60 days. A 25% extra benefit is provided for females only with any additional premium payment.
- Deductibles- There are 3 options available with this benefit- no deductible, 1 day or 2 days deductibles per event
- Free Look Period- The policy offers a free look period of 15 days during which the insured can return the policy.
Exclusions of the Policy
The following treatments and benefits are not covered in the Oriental Happy Cash Policy:
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- Ambulance charges
- Worldwide coverage
- Daycare treatment
- Emergency Ambulance
- Health checkup
- Pre-existing Disease
- Diseases contracted within the waiting period.
- Injury caused due to war, invasion or any such situations.
- Surgery Eye correction
- Dental Treatment, unless necessary due to treatment.
- Rest cure
- Congenital External Diseases
- Any medical expenses for Evaluation or Diagnosis Treatment only
- Once the sum insured limit as well the number of days up to which the expenses are claimed, is exhausted, no restoration of cover benefit is not provided
- Maternity benefit
- Alternative Treatment except Ayurveda treatments is not covered.
- Hospitalization irrelevant to the ongoing treatment
- Genetic disorders treatment
- Change of treatment from one medical system to another
- Obesity-related treatment
- Treatment is required due to participating in extreme sports activities such as scuba diving, sky diving etc.
- Treatment received in a health hydro, nature clinic, or similar establishments.
- Hospitalization for which a regular treatment is not required
- Hormone Replacement Therapy or Gender change Treatment
- Massages, Shirodhara or steam bathing under Ayurvedic treatment
Features and Benefits of the Oriental Happy Cash Policy
The main features and benefits of the Oriental Happy Cash are the following:
- For in-hospitalization expenses, a daily cash benefit up to 30 or 60 days based on the policy chosen is provided.
- 25% extra daily cash benefit for only females is provided.
- In case of delay in renewing the policy, a 30-day grace period is provided, but no expenses can be claimed during the grace period.
- If two or more members are covered, the insured can avail of savings up to 5% and 7.5% on premium payment, respectively.
- No medical tests or pre-medical checkup is required to purchase this policy.
Cancellation Terms of the Policy
For the cancellation of the Oriental Happy Cash policy, refer to the following guidelines:
- The policyholder can return the policy during the free look period.
- By giving a 30 days' notice, the policyholder can cancel this policy, and the premium will be refunded on a pro-rata basis for up to 6 months.
- If the policy is canceled after 6 months, no amount will be refunded.
The Insurer can also cancel the policy on the grounds of fraud and non-disclosure of correct information.
Ans: Yes, the policyholder can switch to another policy or a policy from another insurer. Still, it is only allowed during the renewal period, not mid-term, and a request must be made 45 days before the renewal date.
Ans: The documents required are-
- Hospital discharge report
- Duly filled claim form
- Original test reports related to the illness
- Medical history of the patient
Ans: To buy online Oriental Happy Cash policy, one can fill and submit the form on the Insurer's website.
Ans: Pre-existing diseases are not covered after 48 months, given the policy continues for that period.
Ans: No, pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses are not covered under Oriental Happy Cash policy
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 25 February 2021