Oriental PNB Mediclaim Policy
Oriental PNB 2017 is a health insurance policy offered by Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd., which is applicable to both individuals and families. The policy can be bought by the account holders of Punjab National Bank and its associated banks. Based on the beneficiary and registered account holders, the policy offers three plan variants such as One Account-One Policy, Multiple Account-One Policy and One Person One Policy. The policyholders can cover their medical expenses for a prolonged period since the policy has a lifelong renewal facility. However, they must follow the policy norms effectively to get the benefits as required.
Oriental PNB 2017: Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility conditions under this policy are stated below:
Individual or Family Floater
Minimum Entry Age
18 years (91 days for dependent children)
Maximum Entry Age
Number of people covered
● Individual or up to five family members, including the self.
● Up to three dependent children
Indian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The policyholders who want to buy Oriental PNB 2017 must consider the following policy coverage for better healthcare treatment.
- In-patient Treatment Cover: Oriental PNB 2017Insurance Policy covers medical expenses of in-patient treatment covering staff cost, equipment cost, ICU operations cost, convenience cost and others.
- Pre-hospitalization Cover: The policyholders will get coverage for the medical cost for 30 days pre-hospitalization period.
- Post-hospitalization Cover: The policyholders will also get cover for medical expenses for 60 days post-hospitalization period as applicable.
- Organ Donor Cover: The policy will cover expenses and benefits in organ donation when the insured individuals are recipients.
- Daycare Treatment Cover: Oriental PNB 2017Insurance Policy includes coverage for daycare treatment up to 116 different procedures.
- AYUSH Treatment: The policyholders will get medical coverage for alternative treatments such as Ayurveda, Unani, Yoga, Siddha, Homeopathy and others.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization: The policy will offer a maximum of Rs 25,000 during a policy period as medical expense cover for domiciliary treatment.
Inclusions of the Policy
Apart from the basic coverage, the policy also includes the following:
- Ambulance Charges Cover: Oriental PNB 2017Insurance Policy offers up to Rs 1000 as emergency ambulance cover in a policy period.
- Cash Allowance: The policyholders can get a daily cash allowance of up to Rs 200 per day. They can get a maximum cash allowance of Rs 1000 during a policy period.
- Funeral Benefits: In case of death of the insured, the policy would offer a lump-sum of Rs 1000 per insured person as applicable as per company discretion.
- Medical Test Expenses: If the policyholders have an adverse medical history, they would require a pre-acceptance medical test. The policy will cover 50% cost of those medical tests as per company discretions. (*Standard T&C Apply)
Exclusions of the Policy
This Oriental health insurance policy doesn’t covers following expenses:
- Any pre-existent diseases until the first three policy years
- Oriental PNB 2017Health Insurance will not cover any injuries made due to war, nuclear weapons, adventure sports etc.
- Any treatment due to self-injuries or suicide attempts
- Genetic disorders, ENT disorder, diabetes, hypertension and other listed ailments
- Any treatment for obesity, cosmetic surgery, AIDS/HIV, pregnancy, drug addiction, vaccination etc.
- Oriental PNB 2017Health Insurance will exclude cover for treatments followed based on un-prescribed medicines, un-recognized medical procedures etc.
- Expenses related to investigative diagnosis, personal comfort, service charges, doctor's visit charges etc.
Features & Benefits of the Oriental PNB 2017 Health Insurance
Some of the unique features and benefits offered under this policy are:
- The policy applies to only account holders of Punjab National Bank account holders or any of its associated regional banks.
- It has three types of plans such as One Account-One Policy, Multiple Account-One Policy and One Person One Policy.
- The One Account-One Policy plan is issued to the account holders of only one account. In the case of joint account holders, the policy applies to the proposer.
- Multiple Account-One Policy plan applies to individuals who have more than one bank account.
- One Person, One Policy plan is applicable under one Bank Assurance Health Insurance Policy of Oriental covering only one person.
- Oriental PNB 2017Health Insurance has a one-year policy term.
- It offers tax benefits as per the Income Tax Act 1961.
Information on Cancellation of the Policy
The policyholders can cancel the policy at any time during the policy period, provided they did not make any claim during that period and cleared all the due premiums.
In case the new policy is purchased, the policyholders can cancel it within the 15 days free look period by paying charges as applicable.
The company can cancel the policy at any time by giving 30 days' notice and offer refunds as applicable. However, in the case of fraud, the company will not pay any refund.
Ans: The interested individuals must visit the company website and register themselves by providing the necessary details. They will get the policy quote. Once they submit the filled-up application form and make the payment, they will buy Oriental PNB Health Insurance.
Ans: The policyholders are required to buy a Retail health policy of the company and continue it for at least one year if they want to port to other insurers' policy.
Ans: The premium rates of Oriental PNB 2017 Health Insurance are fixed for one policy year. The company changes the rates based on company discretions and IRDAI norms. The policyholders will get a notification for any such changes at least three months in advance.
Ans: The company will not renew the policy in case of fraud, misrepresentation, non-cooperation, or moral hazard practiced by the insured individuals.
Ans: It is only permitted only in case of a newly married spouse (within 90 days of marriage) or a newborn child (after 90 days of birth) by sending a written notice to the Insurer.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 25 February 2021