Aditya Birla Activ Care Health Insurance Plan
Aditya Birla Activ Care Health Insurance Policy is a smart choice, especially for the elderly people, with an array of benefits. It offers cashless treatment in over 7000+ network hospitals across the country. Aditya Birla Activ Care Health Insurance is a plan provided by the Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Ltd. providing a range of optional care benefits in addition to the usual in-patient, day-care, domiciliary hospitalization, and home nursing services.
Features of Aditya Birla Active Care Insurance
A summary of all the features and benefits of the Aditya Birla Activ Care Insurance Policy is listed below:
- The initial waiting period and for pre-existing as well as specific listed diseases is 24 months across all plans, while Joint Replacement Surgery under Standard Option is 48 months.
- In-Patient treatment covering all expenses incurred in hospitalization.
- Day-care expenses are covered for 586 procedures.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenses cover is for 30 and 60 days.
- Organ Donor Expenses are covered in Classic and Premier Option.
- The policy tenure is for 1 or 2 years, and the renewability has no age limit.
- Optional Care Benefits include nursing at Home, Advance Health Check-up, Lifestyle, and Portable Medical Equipment.
- Tax savings for the amount of premium paid under Sec 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Benefits of Aditya Birla Active Care Policy
Policyholders who wish to buy Aditya Birla Activ Care have a choice of three Sum Insured options with varying benefits:
- Standard: Rs. 3L, 4L, 5L, 7.5L, and 10L
- Classic: Rs. 3L, 4L, 5L, 7.5L, and 10L
- Premier: Rs. 5L, 7.5L, 10L, and 25L
The primary coverage in Aditya Birla Activ Care Plan with coverage up to the SI option chosen is listed below.
Covers all expenses, including room and ICU rent, with the Premier Option room for single accommodation.
- Pre-Hospitalization Expenses:
Medical expenses covered for 30 days across all the options
Medical expenses covered for 60 days across all options.
The coverage is for 586 procedures where hospital stay is less than 24 hours.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization:
Applicable only in the Classic and Premier Options with defined limits for hospital treatment extended at home.
Coverage is extended only to the Classic and Premier Options with an amount limit.
Sum Insured is restored in the Standard Option up to 50% and up to 100% in the Classic & Premier Option, once in a year.
Available only in the Classic and Premier Options with defined amount limits.
Inclusions of the Aditya Birla Active Care Policy
In addition to the basic coverage enunciated, the Aditya Birla Activ Care Health Insurance offers a range of other benefits as follows:
- Road Ambulance Cover: Maximum coverage is up to Rs 2000 under the Standard and Classic Options and up to Rs 5000 in the Premier Option.
- Home Treatment: Coverage offered for incurred expenses from Rs 25,000 to Rs.50,000 depending on the chosen plan option.
- No Claim Bonus: The cover is available in all the options at varying percentages of Sum Insured for every claim-free year.
- Other Benefits: Other benefits available across all the options are Domestic and International Emergency Services, including Air Ambulance. OPD expenses incurred for investigation and Doctor’s consultation fees in Premier Option only.
Exclusions of the Aditya Birla Active Care Policy
The broad list of exclusions in the Aditya Birla Capital Health Insurance Plan is listed below:
- Self-inflicted injury is excluded.
- Diseases caused by intoxicants or substance abuse are not covered.
- Injuries caused due to indulgence in criminal activities are not covered.
- Injuries caused due to participation in extreme and adventure sports are not covered.
- Injuries and diseases related to nuclear peril and acts of War or Terrorism are not covered.
- Expenses incurred for contact lenses, hearing aids, and optometric therapy are excluded
- Cosmetic treatment and surgeries are not covered.
Eligibility Criteria of Aditya Birla Active Care Policy
The minimum eligibility criteria to avail this policy are:
||Individual or Family Floater
|Minimum Entry Age
|Maximum Entry Age
|Number of people covered
||Self and Spouse only
||Residents of India, including citizens, and permanent residents
How to Cancel the Policy?
The policyholder can cancel the Aditya Birla Capital Health Insurance Policy if not satisfied with the services or terms & conditions applied. However, the following rules are to be adhered:
- Cancel requests should be sent within 15 days of the receipt of the policy document.
- Premium paid will be refunded minus the charges.
- The policy can be canceled if no claim has been lodged.
Ans:Yes, it is possible online on the Insurer or Aggregator Portal.
Ans:Yes, Co-Payments at 10% or 20% of the expenses are applied as per the plan variant.
Ans: The waiting period is not applied to the policyholder in cases of accident and subsequent renewals.
Ans: Yes, they get a health assessment once every year when the policy is renewed.
Ans: The policy offers Health Coach, rewards with Heath Returns for staying healthy, and extends cashless Home Treatment as per plan variant.