Aditya Birla Global Health Secure Policy
Aditya Birla Global Health Secure Insurance policy is an international health cover from Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Ltd. that offers coverage against 16 major illnesses. The insured can get cashless reimbursement from a global network of hospitals outside India.
The basic coverage offered under the Aditya Birla Global Health Secure Health Insurance are as follows:
- Worldwide Major Illness In-patient Hospitalization- Medical expenses incurred for the insured person's in-patient care arising while he/she is outside India due to a Major Illness during the policy period are covered. Charges for room rent of a hospital room, ICU and OT charges, physician and nurse charges, and charges for medication, drugs, anesthesia, blood, and oxygen are covered.
- Post-Hospitalization Medical Expenses- Post hospitalization expenses following a major illness are covered up to the limit specified under this plan.
- Organ Donor Expenses- The medical expenses up to the limit specified for organ transplant surgery permitted under this policy is covered.
- Travel Expenses -To and from transportation from the insured's residence to the designated airport, hospital, and one-time economy fare and transportation to the insured's permanent address is provided.
- Accommodation Expenses-The insured person or organ donor or accompanying attendant is entitled to reasonable accommodation in the city of treatment if it is not the city of permanent address of the insured. The coverage offered can be up to the limit specified in the policy schedule.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains up to the specified limit is covered under the policy up to the specified limit.
Features & Benefits of the Aditya Birla Global Health Secure Plan
Given below are the features and benefits of the Aditya Birla Global Health Secure policy:
- This policy offers health insurance coverage with sum insured amount of Rs 3 cr and Rs 6 cr.
- The initial waiting period is 30 days for all plans except accidents and renewal.
- The waiting period for specific illnesses is 24 months.
- The waiting period for pre-existing diseases is 24/36/48 months.
- For availing a long-term policy, the insured can avail offers on premium rates.
- Tax deduction under Section 80 D of the Income Tax Act 1961 is also available.
Inclusions of the Aditya Birla Global Health Secure Plan
The policy inclusions add the following:
- International Second E-opinion for Major Illness- If the insured person is diagnosed with any listed major illness during the policy period, he/she can choose to avail e-opinion from a panel of medical practitioners. The major illnesses covered include Cancer treatment, Heart Valve Replacement, Bone Marrow Transplant, Neurosurgery; Pulmonary artery & Aorta graft surgery, kidney and lung transplant, etc.
- Visa Documentation Guidance- Information and guidance on visa documentation required for overseas travel will be provided to the insured anytime as required.
Exclusions of the Aditya Birla Global Health Secure Plan
The following diseases and conditions are permanently excluded from the list of coverage under the Aditya Birla Global Health Secure policy:
- Expenses for hearing aids, contact lenses, and optometric therapy
- Treatment for alopecia, baldness, and similar treatment
- Cosmetic treatment and surgeries
- Any injury, illness, or accident due to substance or intoxicant abuse
- Injury due to breach of law or intentional self-injury
- Injury from war, revolution, or military activity
The minimum eligibility conditions to buy this policy are:
Individual or Multi-individual; no family floater
Minimum Entry Age
91 days (provided parent is covered)
Maximum Entry Age
No limit for policy renewal
Number of people covered
Individual or Multi- Individual; Self, spouse, siblings, kids, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, grandkids, etc.
India's residents, including citizens, permanent residents, and foreigners holding an employment pass, dependent pass or work permit
Cancellation Terms of the Policy
The rules for cancellation of the Aditya Birla Global Health Secure policy are:
- Cancellation by the insured - The policyholder may cancel the policy after giving 15 days' written notice, and the company shall refund the premium for the unexpired policy period.
- Automatic Cancellation – The policy will automatically terminate upon the death of the insured person. The appropriate refund will be paid provided no claim has been filed under the policy on behalf of the insured.
- Cancellation by the Company – The company can cancel the policy on the grounds of fraud by giving 15 days' notice, and there will be no refund in this case.
Ans:The Grace Period offered under this policy is 30 days from the policy expiry date.
Ans:The free look period available under this policy is 15 days, and it is 30 days in case of policy purchase through distance marketing.
Ans:One can buy Aditya Birla Global Health Secure policy by calling the customer service number of the official website of Aditya Birla Capital Health Insurance.
Ans:The policyholder can renew the policy and check his renewal status by entering his policy number and date of birth or mobile number.
Ans:No, there is no such bonus given as the plan coverage is already very high.