Bajaj Allianz Star Package Health Insurance
Star Package policy is an all-in-one family floater policy that provides them protection against health risks, household contents, education grant, travel baggage, and public liability. It also insures you and your family members against death or injury resulting in disability (either permanent or temporary).
In this policy you have an option of choosing 3 or more covers out of the mentioned list:
- Health Guard:
- Protects against serious accident or major illness,
- Cashless benefit
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses reimbursement
- Income Tax benefit up to Rs. 35000 under Sec80D
- Ambulance Facility
- Hospital Cash:
- Covers 30 days of hospitalization period during a year
- Cash benefit for each day of hospitalization.
- Applicable for every family member
- Daily cash benefits in multiples of 500 to a maximum of Rs. 2500.
- Critical Illness:
- Cancer, paralysis and other critical diseases covered
- Amount payable in lump sum
- Unlike other policies, it covers donor expenses in a transplant surgery
- Personal Accident:
- Covers you against accidental death and disability.
- Education Grant:
- Education of the deceased's child/children covered in case of accidental death or permanent disability.
- Household Contents:
- Covers you against actual or attempted housebreaking, fire, earthquake etc.
- Travelling Baggage:
- Covers you against accidental loss and damage caused to personal baggage while travel in India.
- Public Liability:
- Protects you against legal liability for bodily injury or damage to property of a third party.
- All round cover.
- Fast claim settlements.
- Global expertise.
- Choice of various options
- Income tax benefit on the premium paid as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Details About Premium
Annual premium will depend on the number of plans selected.
Coverage type: Family
Long-term policy discount: 10% on your premium, if policy taken for 2 years and 15%, if taken for 3 years.
Grace period: Grace period of 15 days is allowed for payment of premium. If policyholder fails to make payment within the grace period, the waiting period of 2 or 4 years shall start afresh.
Portability: If you are insured under any other health insurance policy of Non-life insurer you can transfer to Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Individual policy with all your accrued benefits after due allowances for waiting periods.
Policy termination: Policyholder can terminate the policy at anytime by giving a 15 day written notice. In case no claim has been made under the policy, percentage of premium will be refunded.
Free look period: If you are not pleased with the coverage, premiums, or any other feature of your policy, you have the option of canceling the policy within 15 days of receipt of the policy documents, provided no claim has been made.
- Waiting period of 4 years is applicable for pre-existing diseases
- Cosmetic, aesthetic, or related treatments will not be covered.
- Any illness or disease contracted due to intake of alcohol or other addictive substances will not be covered.
- Treatments consisting of non-allopathic medicine are not covered under this policy.
- Accident due to drunk driving.
To buy the policy, you have to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ with accurate medical history along with the address proof. Medical examination may be required in some cases, based on the sum assured and the age of the person.
- Entry age: 18 years to 45 years for self-proposers.
- Children aged between 3 months to 5 years can be covered along with both the parents.
- If one parent is insured then children aged between 6 years to 25 years can be covered.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Religare Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Alarming! 32 Percent of Indian Population Suffers from Thyroid
- Why do Patients of Hypertension Need Health Insurance?
- Why is Health Insurance Necessary for Asthma Patients?
- Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan: What to Buy?
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India