Future Generali Car Insurance
Future Generali General Insurance Co. Ltd. is a JV between Generali Group, a leading Italian company providing financial protection services and Future Group of companies. Generali Group is the biggest insurance provider across Italy and one amongst the most trusted insurance companies in entire Europe. Future Generali commenced operations in September 2007. The insurer offers a plethora of insurance products to its customers across all the segments including all major kinds of insurance that an individual may need. Car Insurance is also one of them. Car insurance policies by Future Generali are offered with various add-ons so as to allow the customer to choose and opt for extra coverage and enhance the scope of coverage provided for his car.
Future Generali Car Insurance Coverage at a Glance
|Future Generali Car Insurance
|Third Party Coverage
||Up to 7.5 lakhs
||Up to 2 lakhs
Advantage of Buying Future Generali Car Insurance
Future Generali has its sole focus on customer relationships, simplification of the claims process and quality. Today, the organization is a preferred brand for insurance in the country. Car insurance is imperative for car owners as it ensures protection to the policyholder against damages that have been caused to their car or a third-party in event of an accident. Future Generali is a trusted choice in India for buying car insurance policies. The car insurance plan from Future Generali India is apt for those individuals who want a simple and scalable car insurance plan provided by a highly robust private motor insurance company. The important benefits car Insurance plans provided by Future Generali are mentioned as under:
- Whether a person is buying new car insurance plans from Future Generali or renewing an old car insurance plan, they will find that it is an easy and stress-free process.
- Future Generali takes pride in processing and servicing claims in the fastest possible time, with full efficiency and no inconvenience caused to the customer. The policies are issued with the minimal time spent documentation. Since the process is online, the policy issuance is almost instantaneous.
- A comprehensive car insurance policy is offered by the insurer that covers own damage liability as well as third-party legal liability. There is also a range of covers that are available under the plan, a few of which are free while an additional amount of premium is required for the others.
- Add-on covers with pre-defined benefits that the policyholders may opt for.
- Car Insurance from Future Generali India provides a facility of cashless claim settlement, which may be availed at a network of associated garages all across India.
- Future Generali has a website where a new and existing customer may purchase or renew a car insurance plan, making the whole process quick and easy. The existing or potential customer simply has to log on to the website and click on the ‘motor insurance’ tab; under this the customer will find the category for car insurance plan.
- Depending on the no. of claim-free years, the policyholder will be entitled to receive a No Claim Bonus of up to 50%. In case the policyholder is transferring his car insurance policy to Future Generali for the first time, then he can be assured that the number of claim-free years that he has accumulated under his previous policy, will be retained by Future Generali.
- The customer support is available 24x7, so all customer concerns and queries are taken care of expeditiously.
- Timely and automated reminders are given to the customers so that they never forget to pay their insurance premiums.
- In case the accident takes place within the city limits, towing services are provided.
- All claims are resolved within seven working days from the receipt of all concerned documents.
Features and Benefits of Future Generali Car Insurance
Future Generali’s car insurance plans have various features and benefits that are discussed below:
- Car Insurance from Future Generali India is provided to the buyer instantaneously with the minimum amount of effort and time, and with the minimal documentation. Car insurance plan issuance is practically instantaneous as it is an online process.
- Future Generali Insurance has a certified chain of 900 plus workshops and garages where there is the facility of cashless claim settlement available.
- The car insurance from Future Generali India offers claims assistance service to policyholders on each day of the week for all the 24 hours. The claim assistance is provided by a highly trained and specialized team of customer care executives
- Applying for car insurance has never been easier with online application for the same. With just a few clicks, a customer can purchase a Future Generali car insurance policy online, with no need to submit documents or for verifications
- The Future Generali general insurance company provides timely reminders at no extra cost to the customer for his or her policy to be renewed
- Add-on covers under the car insurance policy that can be opted for by a policyholder in order to avail enhanced coverage for his car under the insurance plan.
Coverage under Future Generali Car Insurance
Let us take a more in-depth look at the benefits and feature offered by a car Insurance policy from Future Generali India:
- The car insurance plans from Future Generali India provide coverage against any loss or damage to the car due to calamities caused by nature such as fire, explosion, self-ignition, flood, hailstorm, rockslide or landslide, earthquake, inundation, typhoon, cyclone, flood, tempest, storm, and hurricane.
- When there is loss or damage to the car due to malicious act, theft, burglary, riot, terrorist activity, strike, accident by external means.
- Any damage while the car is in transit whether by road, elevator, inland waterway, rail, or air shall be covered.
- An additional Personal Accident Cover for the driver or owner of the car when he or she is driving the vehicle. This cover ensures a sum of Rs.
- 1 Lac in event of death or permanent total disability. You can also get Personal Accident cover for both named and unnamed passengers and the maximum limit is INR 2 lakhs per individual.
- An inbuilt third-party liability cover gives legal protection against death and injury claims made by a third party. There is legal protection coverage if damage has been caused to the surroundings including the passengers travelling in the car.
- Car Insurance coverage from Future Generali India may also include the following additional legal liabilities by paying an additional premium:
- Conductor, paid driver, or cleaner employed with respect to the operation of the car.
- Employees travelling in or driving the insured car, other than the paid driver.
- Passengers who do not pay the fare.
Add-on Covers Offered under Future Generali Car Insurance
Future Generali car insurance has two options for car insurance plans, one is Future Express and the other is Future Express+. Future Express is ideal for those customers whose priority is on repair service, customized service, and reduced costs. Future Express+ is for those customers who place emphasis on instant loss assessment, claim finalization, as well as the option of choosing the workshop of their choice for the repairing of the vehicles. Apart from Future Express and Future Express+, Future Generali has add-on covers with pre-defined benefits that policyholders may opt for along with their basic car insurance plans. These are as follows:
- Silver - that offers IDV, Depreciation Cap and consumables add-on covers
- Gold - that offers the same covers as with Silver, plus, Personal Accident cover, Loss of Personal Belongings cover and Loss of keys add-on cover.
- Platinum - Along with the above-mentioned covers, Platinum offers Inconvenience Allowance cover and Personal Liability cover.
Explanation of the Add-on Covers Available under Future Generali Car Insurance (Future Motor Secure)
By paying a little extra premium, a policyholder can opt for the add-on covers along with the base plan so as to enhance the scope of coverage provided to his car. Given below are the 5 add-ons offered by a car insurance policy from Future Generali India:
- A depreciation cover protects the customer against the depreciating value of the vehicular parts and ensures that he or she gets the full amount that is claimed.
- There is an IDV cover where a customer gets access to IDV that is insured value + registration + road tax + insurance.
- The customer may purchase a personal accident cover for his or her passengers. This coverage under Future Generali Car Insurance goes up to Rs. 2 Lacs per individual in event of death or permanent total dismemberment.
- A personal accident add-on cover may be purchased where the coverage is up to Rs. 50 Lacs to the registered owner of the vehicle.
- There is a Loss of keys cover where the owner is insured against the loss of keys of their own vehicle. The compensation amounts to Rs. 50,000.
- There is a cover that gives coverage for the medical expenses of the driver and any passenger in the car.
- An Inconvenience Allowance cover may be purchased where if the car breaks down, the customer will not have to worry about transportation as this cover entitles them to a daily allowance of Rs. 3,000 for 15 days.
- A Personal Liability cover may be purchased where coverage of Rs. 5 Lacs is provided for the registered owners.
- There is an add-on cover for the Loss of Personal Belongings, where if personal belongings in the vehicle are lost, the customer is provided compensation for up to Rs. 50,000.
Additional Features Provided by Future Generali Car Insurance
- A discount is offered on car insurance premiums for installing anti-theft devices as well as for opting voluntary deductibles.
- A No Claim Bonus of up to 50% is given on Future Generali car insurance renewal.
- There is a network of workshops associated with Future Generali Insurance Company, where the claims can be processed through cashless settlements.
- If the customer is a member of a recognized automobile association within the country, then they are eligible to receive discounts on their premium amount.
- Car Insurance Policies by Future Generali India have fixed the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of the car as follows:
- Up to six months, it is 5%
- 6 months - 1 year, it is 15%
- 1 - 2 years, it is 20%
- 2 - 3 years, it is 30%
- 3 - 4 years, it is 40%
- 4 - 5 years, it is 50%
Exclusions under Future Generali Car Insurance
- The general aging of the car resulting in wear and tear is not covered by the car insurance policy by Future Generali.
- The car insurance plans by Future Generali are valid within India only; they are not valid for the use of the car outside of the country.
- If the insured car is being driven by an individual who does not have a driving license, it is recognized as a cognizable offense. Hence, the insurer shall not be liable to accept or process claims for accidental damage that is caused by drivers without a valid license at the time of the accident.
- The Future Generali General Insurance urges its car insurance policyholders to never drive under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicants. Therefore, if any accidental damages occur while the driver of the car is under the influence of intoxicants, the company shall not entertain any claims for the same.
- Car insurance plans by Future Generali cover damages to the car that have been caused by an accident only and any expense arising out of a mechanical or electrical breakdown will not be covered.
- In case of loss or damage to the car because of radioactive contamination or nuclear fission, the insurer is not entitled to cover it.
How to Apply for Future Generali Car Insurance Policy?
Interested applicants can apply for a car insurance policy from Future Generali by applying to through various channels like:
- Individuals interested in buying car insurance policies from Future Generali can login to the insurer’s website and receive a quote, as well as purchase the car insurance policy online.
- Individuals looking to buy any plan can call up the Sales helpline number and speak to a customer service representative.
- Interested applicants may write directly to the company at fgcare[at]futuregenerali[dot]in
- They can chat online with a customer service representative from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- They can also request a call back from company by leaving their name, email ID and mobile number on the Future Generali website.
- Interested applicants may simply walk into a branch of Future Generali insurance and speak to an agent about the car insurance plans offered.
Cashless Garages in Future Generali Car Insurance
Future Genarali Company offers a wide network of cashless garages across the country. With over 1000+ authorized network of cashless garages, Future Generali Company makes it easy for its policyholders to avail cashless repairs, maintenance and a host of other beneficial services provided under a car insurance policy.
Future Generali Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Future Generali Car Insurance Premium Calculator enables you to calculate the premium for your car when you need to renew it. To begin, provide the details of your car along with some personal details of yours. This tool is quite helpful since once you calculate the car insurance premium, you an idea about how much you will need to spend on your car insurance.
Future Generali Car Insurance Renewal and Online Purchase
Purchasing car insurance online by Future Generali is very simple. A link for the same is permanently provided on every page on the website. It takes one to a landing page where one has to fill in personal contact details so that a Future Generali representative can contact to explain the product details and proceed with the purchase process.
Similarly, Future Generali car insurance renewal online is possible from any page on the website. One has to enter the car insurance policy number to proceed with the Future Generali car insurance renewal process. In fact, one can even renew one’s existing car insurance from another insurance company from an option available under the Future Generali car insurance renewal section.
Future Generali Car Insurance FAQs
Q1. How can I make payments for my car insurance premium?
Ans: There are three payment modes available to you:
- Auto Debit: You can choose to get the premium payment debited automatically from your bank account. For this, you’ll need to sign a mandate at the time of buying the Future Generali policy.
- Cash/Cheque Deposit: You may choose to deposit your Future Generali premium payment through cheque or cash.
- Direct Online Payment: You may even choose to make a direct online payment for your car Insurance from Future Generali.
Q2. How do I check the status of my car insurance policy?
Ans: You may easily check your policy details online at Future Generali Company’s official website. Create a profile and login to your car insurance account. You will your car insurance policy details listed under your profile.
Q3. How can I renew my car insurance policy?
Ans: Visit Future Generali Company’s website and login to your insurance account to instantly renew your car insurance policy online. Alternatively, you may choose to deposit cash before the due date to renew your car insurance policy.
Q4. How to settle Future Generali Car insurance claim?
Ans: The Future Generali Company settles all the car insurance claims directly upon submission of all required documents with 7 working days.
Q5. What is the process for cancellation of car insurance by Future Generali?
Answer: In order to cancel your car Insurance from Future Generali, you can walk into one of the nearest branch offices. You’ll need to carry your car insurance policy documents and a duly filled surrender form to get your policy cancelled. It, typically, takes 5 business days for the cancellation to be processed and refund to be made. After the policy is cancelled, a letter intimating the cancellation of the policy is sent to you at your registered address.
Q6. From where should I get my car repaired?
Ans: For cashless repair to your cars, subject to your policy rules and regulations, you may approach one of the many Future Generali Convenient Workshops. You may seek help from the insurer’s Contact Centre or their surveyors to find out more about Future Generali Convenient Workshops.
Q7. What should I do if my car insured under Future Generali Insurance policy gets stolen?
Ans: Immediately inform the nearest local police station about the theft of your policy. A surveyor appointed by Future Generali Car Insurance Company will, then, contact you and subsequently assist you further to claim car insurance.
Q8. From where can I get a claim form?
Ans: you may find a copy of the claim form in the kit received at the time of purchase of the policy. In addition, you may also get claims form from one of the Future Generali’s representatives or from one of the nearest Future Generali Convenient Workshops. Alternatively, you may download the car Insurance claim form directly from Future Generali Company’s official website.
Q9. What if someone else was driving my insured car at the time of the accident? Will Future Generali Car Insurance Cover for my losses?
Ans: If your vehicle is insured under the comprehensive car insurance plan offered by Future Generali and the individual driving the car has a legal driving license, then the accidental damages shall be covered under the Future Generali Insurance Policy subject to the terms and conditions as specified in the policy documents.
Q10. What are the documents required to file car insurance claim offered by Future Generali?
Ans: Here is a list of all the documents you need to file claims car Insurance by Future Generali. The list presented here is indicative in its nature and extra documents may also be required, based on the claim’s nature.
For Own Damage Claims:
- Claim Intimation
- A copy of the Certificate of Insurance-cum-Policy Schedule
- Claim Form
- A copy of Registration Certificate (RC) Book
- A copy of Driving License (DL)
- Survey Report
- Survey Fee Bills
- Re-inspection Report or Supplementary Report
- Invoice for repairs and cashless payment receipt
Addition Documents Required for Vehicles Used for Commercial Purpose:
- Fitness Certificate
- Copy of First Information Report (FIR)
- Load Challan
- Claim Intimation
- Original Policy
- Claim Form
- Registration Certificate (RC)
- First Information Report (FIR)
- Key set
- Tax Receipt/Sales invoice
- Report submitted to Regional Transport Office (RTO) intimating the theft of the vehicle
- Final Report
- Transfer Papers
- Indemnity Bond
- Subrogation Letter
- Duly signed claim form
- Copy of the Certificate of Insurance cum Policy Schedule
- Driver’s Driving License copy (original)
- First Information Report (FIR)
- Notice from honorable Court
- Registration Certificate (RC) copy and other documents (with originals)
- Cancelled Cheque for NEFT Payment
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Documents - for claims above Rs. 1 lakh:
Photo Identity Proof
- Passport Size Photo (individual) - Mandatory
- PAN Card - Mandatory
- Passport / Driving License / Voter ID Card
Proof of Address (last 6 months)
- Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill / Bank Statement / Ration Card
- Memorandum of Understanding/Registration of Company – for Registered Company / Firm / Establishment
You may submit car insurance claims online at Future Generali Insurance website or at one of the nearest branches. Alternatively, you may email the claim form to the company.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 31 October 2019