About Future Generali India Insurance Company
Future Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd. is a joint venture between Future Group and Generali Group. Generali Group is the biggest insurance provider across Italy and one of the most trusted insurance companies in entire Europe.
Future Generali India Insurance Company offers a plethora of insurance products to its customers across all major kinds of insurance that an individual may need, including car insurance. The car insurance policies also offer various add-ons to allow the customer to opt for extra coverage for his/her car.
Key Features of Future Generali Car Insurance
|Features||Coverage and Benefits|
|Incurred claim ratio||66.13%|
|Personal Accident Insurance||Up to 15 Lakhs|
|No Claim Bonus||Yes|
Benefits of Future Generali Car Insurance
Future Generali car insurance policies have various features and benefits that are discussed below:
- Future Generali car insurance is provided to the buyer instantaneously with the minimum amount of effort and time, and with minimal documentation.
- The company has a chain of 5354 plus workshops and garages where cashless claim settlement is available.
- The car insurance from Future Generali motor insurance offers claims assistance service to policyholders 24x7.
- The company provides timely reminders at no extra cost to the customers for the policy to be renewed.
- Add-on covers under the Future Generali car insurance policy can be opted for by a policyholder to avail enhanced coverage for his/her car.
- The insurance company also offers Personal Accident Cover to its policyholders.
- If the customer is a member of a recognized automobile association within the country, then he/she is eligible to receive discounts on their premium amount.
- A discount is offered on car insurance premiums for installing anti-theft devices as well as for opting for voluntary deductibles.
Types of Future Generali Car Insurance Policy
Future Generali car insurance offers three major types of motor insurance policy:
1. Third-Party Liability Car Insurance
A third party car insurance policy offers coverage to the policyholder against any third-party liability arising due to an accident involving the insured car. This policy covers third party property damages, third-party injury or death. However, this policy does not include coverage against damages sustained by the insured car. The extent of liability for the death/injury of a third party is unlimited and for third party property damage, the liability is limited to up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2. Standalone Own Damage Cover
Under the Own Damage car insurance policy, the insurance company will compensate the policyholder against loss or damages to the insured car arising due to fire, theft, riot, earthquake, accident, etc. This policy can be purchased with a third party liability policy to cover the insured car as well.
3. Comprehensive Car Insurance
Comprehensive or Private Car Package policy by Future Generali car insurance covers a policyholder against damages to the insured car due to unanticipated events like accidents, natural disasters, manmade calamities, theft, etc. This policy also provides coverage against third party liabilities arising due to the insured car.
Moreover, a comprehensive car policy can be enhanced by purchasing add-on covers offered by the insurance company at an extra premium.
You might be interested in
Future Generali Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Future Generali Car Insurance Premium Calculator enables you to calculate the premium for your car when you need to buy or renew your policy. This tool is quite helpful since once you calculate car insurance premium, you get an idea about how much you will need to spend on your motor insurance.
Coverage Under Cholamandalam Car Insurance
- Manmade Calamities: When there is loss or damage to the car due to malicious acts, riots, terrorist activity, strikes, etc. are included
- In-transit Damages: Any damage while the car is in transit by road, elevator, inland waterway, rail, or air shall be covered
- Third Party Liability: It gives legal protection against property damage, death and injury claims made by a third party.
- Accidental Damage: Loss or damages incurred by accidents are also included
- Fire: Damages to the insured car due to fire, self-ignition or explosion are covered
- Natural Calamities: Any loss or damage to the car caused by natural calamities, such as floods, hailstorms, rockslides or landslides, earthquakes, etc., is covered.
- Theft: Future Generali car insurance provides coverage against damages sustained by the insured car due to theft, burglary or housebreaking.
- Wear and Tear: The general ageing of the car resulting in wear and tear is not covered by the car insurance policy by the company.
- Outside Geographical Area: The Future Generali motor insurance policies are valid within India only and does provide coverage for any loss or damages outside the country.
- Invalid Driving License: The insurance company shall not be liable to accept claims for accidental damage caused by drivers driving without a valid license.
- Drunk Driving: If any accidental damages occur while the driver of the car is under the influence of intoxicants, the company shall not entertain any claims for the same.
- Breakdown: Any expense arising out of a mechanical or electrical breakdown of the car will not be covered.
- War: The insurance company will not cover damages arising out of civil war or nuclear perils.
Future Generali Car Insurance: Add-ons
Future Generali car insurance also offers add-on covers that a policyholder can opt for along with the base policy to enhance the coverage provided to his/her car. Take a look at these add-on covers below:
An NCB Protect cover allows a policyholder to protect his/her No Claim Bonus even if a claim has been filed with the insurance company. Usually, the NCB gets nullified as soon as the policyholder raises a claim but with this add-on, it will stay intact even if the claim has been made.
The Consumables cover provides coverage against repair or replacement of consumable parts, such as bolts, nuts, screws, oil, etc., of the insured car.
Under an Engine Protect cover, the policyholder will be compensated against any damage sustained by the engine and gearbox of the insured car due to water ingression or leakage of oil.
This add-on cover will provide basic roadside assistance service in case the insured car stops somewhere on the road. The insurer will provide compensation for towing, minor repairs, battery breakdown, etc.
Under the Loss of Personal Belongings add-on cover, if personal belongings in the vehicle are lost, the customer is provided compensation for up to Rs. 50,000.
Under Tyre Damage cover, the policyholder will be compensated for the repair or replacement of the tyres and tubes of the insured car.
A Zero Depreciation cover protects the customer against the depreciating value of the car parts and ensures that he/ she gets the full claim amount.
Under the Loss of Keys cover, the owner is insured against the loss or theft of keys of the insured vehicle. The compensation amounts to a maximum of Rs. 50,000.
The Inconvenience Allowance cover entitles the policyholder to a daily allowance of Rs. 3,000 for 15 days in case the car is getting repaired at a network garage.
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to File a Claim Under Future Generali Car Insurance?
Filling a claim under Future Generali car insurance is simple and quick. Follow these steps to file a Future Generali motor insurance claim:
- Contact the Insurer: Fill out the online form or contact Future Generali India Insurance Company to intimate them about the accident.
- Inspection: Once you have intimated the insurance company, they will send a surveyor to inspect the damages sustained by the vehicle.
- Documents Approval: The surveyor will require some documents for registering a claim. Make sure to keep all the relevant documents with you.
- Claim Approved: In case of a cashless claim, the insurance company will directly pay the approved claim amount to the network garage. For reimbursement claims, the compensation will be paid to you by the insurance company.
You might be interested in
Documents Required to Raise a Claim Under Future Generali Car Insurance
The documents required to file a claim under Future Generali vehicle insurance are mentioned below:
- A copy of the Registration Certificate
- Claim form
- A copy of the Driving License (DL)
- Repair estimates
- Survey Report
- Survey fee bills
- Re-inspection Report or Supplementary Report
- Invoice for repairs and cashless payment receipt
How to Renew a Future Generali Car Insurance Policy?
Future Generali car insurance renewal online can be easily done from Policybazaar.com. Follow these steps to renew your Future Generali car insurance online:
- Visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Product’ dropdown on Policybazaar.com
- On the renewal form, mention your car number and view quotes.
- Fill in the required details, such as name, email, mobile number
- Select the Future Generali vehicle insurance policy to be renewed from the mentioned policies
- Select the add-on covers and proceed with payment
- Select NCB on your existing car insurance policy
- Fill out the proposal form and verify the details
- Proceed with Summary and Payment
- Make payment using your preferred payment method
- After the payment, your Future Generali car insurance renewal will be done.
Your Future Generali car insurance renewal documents will be mailed to you.
Car Insurance for Popular Brands in India
Future Generali Car Insurance – FAQs
Ans: There are three payment modes available to pay the premium of your Future Generali four wheeler insurance policy:
- Auto Debit:You can choose to get the premium payment debited automatically from your bank account.
- Cheque Deposit:You may choose to deposit your Future Generali Car insurance premium payment through a cheque.
- Direct Online Payment:You may even choose to make a direct online payment for your Future Generali Car insurance policy.
Ans: You may easily check your policy details online at Future Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd. official website. All you have to do is create a profile and log in to your account. You will have your car insurance policy details listed under your profile.
Ans: The Future Generali Car insurance settles all the car insurance claims directly upon submission of all required documents within 7 working days.
Ans: To cancel your car insurance from Future Generali India Insurance Company, you can contact your customer care team physically or via phone/email. You can walk into one of the nearest branch offices along with your car insurance policy documents and a duly filled surrender form to get your policy cancelled. It, typically, takes 5 business days for the cancellation to be processed and a refund to be made. After the policy is cancelled, a letter intimating the cancellation of the policy is sent to you at your registered address.
Ans: For cashless repair to your cars, you must approach one of the many Future Generali Car insurance Convenient Workshops. You may seek help from the insurer’s Contact Centre or their surveyors to find out more about these workshops.
Ans: Immediately inform the nearest local police station about the theft of your car. A surveyor appointed by Future Generali India Insurance Company will, then, contact you and subsequently assist you to raise a claim.
Ans: You may find a copy of the Future Generali car insurance claim form in the kit received at the time of purchasing the policy. In addition, you may also get claim forms from one of the Future Generali car insurance representatives or one of the convenient workshops. Alternatively, you may download the car Insurance claim form directly from Future Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd. official website.
Q8: What if someone else was driving my insured car at the time of the accident? Will Future Generali Car Insurance cover my losses?
Ans: If your vehicle is insured under the comprehensive car insurance policy or own damages policy offered by Future Generali India Insurance Company and the individual driving the car has a legal driving license, then the accidental damages shall be covered subject to the terms and conditions.