LIC e-Term Plan
LIC e-Term plan is an online term insurance plan offered by LIC Life Insurance Policy. As a comprehensive term insurance policy, the plan provides financial coverage to the family of the insured in case of any eventuality. LIC e-Term plan is one of the most acclaimed term plans among the wide range of products offered by the LIC.
As a pure protection plan, LIC e-Term plan can be purchased online in a simple and hassle freeway. Under LIC e-Term plan, a death benefit equal to the total sum assured amount is paid to the beneficiary of the policy in case of uncertain demise of the insured person during the tenure of the policy. As this is a pure term insurance plan, it offers an only death benefit and no maturity benefit is offered by the policy.
The policyholders can choose for a higher sum assured amount at an affordable premium rate. The LIC e-Term Policy offers different premium rates for non-smokers opting for a sum assured of Rs 50 lacs or more.
LIC e-Term Plan: Key Features
The following are the salient features of the LIC e-Term plan:
- The plan can be purchased online in a simple and hassle-free way.
- The plan provides a saving on premium for non-smoker and female lives.
- LIC e-Term plan offers tax benefit U/S 80 C of Income Tax Act.
- Add-on rider benefit is offered by the policy to enhance the coverage of the policy.
- LIC eTerm Plan traditional and a non-participating plan.
- The nominated person gets to receive the death benefit in case of unfortunate death of the policyholder.
- The minimum sum assured amount offered by the policy is Rs. 25 lakh and Rs.50 lakh for non-smokers, whereas there is no upper limit on the maximum sum assured offered by the policy.
- LIC e-Term Policy offers a minimum entry age of 18 years and the maximum entry age of the policy ranges up to 60 years.
LIC e-Term Plan: Benefits
There are many different benefits offered by LIC term insurance plan. Let’s take a look at e-Term policy in detail.
- LIC e-Term Policy offers substantial coverage at an affordable premium rate.
- There is no upper limit on the maximum sum assured amount offered by the policy.
- LIC e-Term plan offers a maximum maturity age of 75 years
Here are the further LIC e-Term plan benefits offered by the policy.
In case of the unfortunate demise of the insured person during the tenure of the policy, a death benefit equal to the total sum assured amount of the policy is paid to the beneficiary of the policy.
No maturity benefit is offered by the policy as this is a pure term insurance plan.
Income Tax Benefit
The premium paid towards the policy up to the maximum limit of Rs.1.5 lakh is eligible for tax exemption under Section 80C of Income Tax Act.
LIC e-Term Plan: Eligibility Criteria
Before purchasing the LIC e-Term Policy, it is important to check the eligibility criteria of the policy. Let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria of the policy.
|Entry Age (Last Birthday)||18 years||60 years|
|Maturity Age (Last Birthday)||-||75 years|
|Policy Term (PT) in years||10 years||35 years|
|Premium Paying Term (PPT) in years||Equal to Policy Tenure|
|Premium Paying Frequency||Annual|
|Sum Assured||Rs 25 Lacs||No Limit|
LIC e-Term Plan: Details about Premium
Annual premium in Rupees for a Policy Tenure of 15 years. Basic Premium is mentioned below (Tax not included)
|Age||Rs 50 Lacs Sum Assured||Rs 1CR Sum Assured|
LIC e-Term Plan Other Policy Details
Grace Period: 30 days’ grace period is allowed for premium payment. If the policyholder fails to make payment within the grace period, the policy lapses
Policy Termination or Surrender Benefit: There are no surrender benefits available in this plan
Free Look Period: If the policyholder is not satisfied with the terms and conditions of the policy, then he/she can cancel the policy within the free-look period of 15 days from the date of policy initiation.
Loan- No loans are offered by LIC e-Term plan.
LIC e- Term Plan: Exclusions
When it comes to suicide committed within 12 months of policy inception, only 80% of premiums paid are returned to the nominee. When it comes to suicide within 12 months of revival, higher of 80% of premiums paid or acquired Surrender Value is paid.
LIC e-Term Plan: Documents Required
The documents that should be kept handy while purchasing the LIC e Term Policy are:
- Duly filled application form submitted by the applicant.
- Details of Medical History
- Address proof ( Aadhaar card, voter ID, Passport, etc.)
- Identity proof (PAN card, Aadhaar card, voter ID, Passport, etc)
- Know your Customer (KYC) documents
- Medical test if asked by the insurer based on the age of the applicant, the sum assured amount, and medical history.
The policyholder has to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ with accurate medical history along with the address proof and other KYC documents. A medical examination may be needed in some cases, based on the sum assured and the age of the person.
LIC e-Term Plan: Claim Process
If the beneficiary of the policy file claim against the LIC e-Term plan in case of the unfortunate demise of the insured person then certain documents are required to be submitted by the nominee of the policy to fulfill the process of claim. Let’s take a look at the documents that should be kept handy while filing the claim.
- Original copy of LIC e-Term Policy.
- Claim settlement form mentioning the details of the deceased policyholder.
- Age proof
- Certificate copy of FIR (First Information Report)
- In case of unnatural death of the policyholder or death due to accident then the beneficiary will need to submit the police investigation report and post-mortem report.
- Death certificate from municipality.
LIC e-Term Plan - FAQs
Q 1: Does the amount of my premium change during the tenure of the policy after purchasing the plan?
Ans: After issuing the policy, the premium remains the same throughout the policy term. However, this further depends on the regulations of the service tax as described by the Indian Government.
Q 2: Can I nominate a minor as my nominee?
Ans: Yes, you can nominate a minor as your nominee.
Q 3: What are the death benefits offered to the nominee?
Ans: During any unfortunate death of the policyholder during the policy term the nominated person gets to receive the assured sum of the plan.
Q 4: What are the means of paying a subsequent premium?
Ans: To make the subsequent premium you can make use of the debit card, credit card, and net banking.
Q 5: Do I need to go for a medical test?
Ans: The requirement of a medical test depends on your existing health condition and requirements of the underwriting. All these medical tests are basic ones such as urine tests, blood tests, and other such basic tests.
Q 6: When will my life cover plan get activated?
Ans: After accepting the proposal, your insurance cover will get activated.
Q 7: Will the insurance company provides coverage if I am traveling to a foreign country for business or leisure?
Ans: Yes, once your policy gets issued it covers your travel trips to a foreign country, be it for business or leisure.
Q 8: Where can I contact them to enquire about the status of my online policy application?
Ans: To contact them you can send mails at online_dmkt@licindia[dot]com or give a call on the toll-free number 1800-22-7717.
Q 9: How many riders are offered by this plan?
Ans: The policy does not offer any rider under this plan.
Q 10: Can I get a loan under this policy?
Ans: No, you are not allowed to get any loan under this plan.
Q 11: What if I stop paying the premium?
Ans: The policy lapses if you stop paying the premium.
Q 12: How can I revive a lapsed policy?
Ans: You can revive your lapsed policy within 2 years of the date of the first unpaid premium.
Q 13: What is the grace period offered by the policy?
Ans: A grace period of 30 days is allowed from the due date of the first premium.
Q 14: Can I take this plan for my parents?
Ans: No, you can take this plan only for yourself.
Q 15: Are the premium rates different for smokers and non-smokers?
Ans: Yes, the premium rates are different for smokers and non-smokers.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Term Insurance Plans
- Aviva Term Insurance Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Term Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Term Insurance Plans
- Canara HSBC Term Insurance Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Term Insurance Plans
- Exide Life Term Insurance Plans
- Future Generali Term Insurance Plans
- HDFC Life Term Insurance Plans
- ICICI Prudential Term Insurance Plans
- IDBI Federal Term Insurance Plans
- IndiaFirst Term Insurance Plans
- Kotak Life Term Insurance Plans
- Pramerica Life Term Insurance Plans
- Term Vs Whole Life insurance: which is a Better Investment Option?
- Why it is Important to Renew Term Insurance Policy?
- Decreasing Term Insurance Plan
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Benefits
- Spouse Term Insurance: Term Insurance Plans for Husband and Wife
- Is it Wise to Purchase Term Plan with Maturity Benefit?
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator