Star Health Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio
Star Health and Allied Insurance Company ensures in-house claim settlement without the intervention of a Third-party Administrator. The Company’s health claim settlement ratio of 87% assures timely settlement of your medical insurance claims.
An insurer’s claim ratio defines the percentage of claims it has settled for that fiscal year. Simply put, the health claim ratio is the percentage of insurance claims settled against the total number of claims received.
Moreover, you can avail cashless healthcare facilities in more than 10,200 hospitals across India.
Claim Process of Star Health Insurance Plans
Claims filed for Star Health insurance plans can be settled in a hassle-free manner. You can file a claim in two ways- cashless and reimbursement claim. Both the claim processes are mentioned below:
Claim Process for Cashless Treatment
To avail of Star health cashless claim, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Approach the health insurance desk at the network hospital
- Present the Identity proof
- Your identity will be verified and then the pre-authorization form will be submitted to the insurer
- The doctors will analyze the documents and process the claim as per the terms and conditions of the policy
- You can also approach a field doctor to ease the process
- Once all the formalities are completed and verification is done, Star health will settle your hospital bills directly.
Claim Process for Reimbursement Treatment
To claim for reimbursement, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- At the time of discharge, pay all the medical bills and keep all the receipts and documents in original
- After that, you will need to fill the star health insurance claim form and submit it along with all the required documents
- The insurer will verify the documents and settle the claim as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
Documents Required for Star Health Insurance Claims
The list of documents that are required to reimburse your star health insurance claims are elucidated below-
- Submit Star health insurance claim form i.e. duly signed and filled
- Medical bills, discharge certificate and receipts
- Original chemist bills with prescription
- Medical test reports and investigation reports
- Nature of the surgery/operation
- Surgeon's bills and receipts
- FIR/Self-declaration for accidental cases
- Registration certificate of the hospital ( if lesser than 15 beds)
The below documents need to be submitted while filing a cashless claim:
- Star health insurance card
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Consultation papers of the doctor
- Investigation reports such as blood reports, x-ray, or any scans reports
- Chemist’s invoice ( in original)
- For accidental hospitalization, FIR report or Medico Legal Certificate might be required
- The discharge summary from the hospital
- Other documents ( if required)
To know more details you can speak to our health insurance experts who will take you through the entire Star health insurance plans and the claim procedure.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 05 February 2021