Star Health Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: An Overview
Arogya Sanjeevani Star Health Policy is a standard policy introduced by the IRDAI with common terms and conditions for all the insurance providers across the country. Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd. offers this plan under Star Health Insurance category, which covers hospitalization expenses arising out of a medical emergency. The policy is quite popular for offering at an affordable premium with multiple other benefits.
Star Health Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: Key Highlights
Up to Rs 10 lakh
One can buy the Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance policy, which covers all medical expenses up to the sum insured, with an option to choose from an Individual or Floater Plan. The police offer variable options of the sum insured up to Rs 10 lakh for a policy term of 1 year.
The plan covers the following essential expenses:
- Daycare Treatments- Any medical procedure that doesn’t require the patient to be hospitalized are covered.
- In-hospitalization Benefits- All in-hospitalization expenses are covered. Room rent and nursing expenses are covered up to 2% of the sum insured for a maximum of Rs 5,000 per day, ICU charges are covered up to 5% of sum insured up to Rs 10,000 per day.
- Pre-hospitalization Cover -Any medical expenses incurred prior to 30 days of hospitalization are covered.
- Post-hospitalization Cover -Any medical expenses incurred up to 60 days after discharge are covered.
- AYUSH Treatment - Medical expenses incurred under Ayurveda, Siddha, Yoga, or Homeopathy treatments, are covered up to the sum insured.
Inclusions of the Star Health Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Apart from the basic benefits, the following coverage is also included in the Arogya Sanjeevani Star Health plan:
- Cumulative Bonus -An increase in Cumulative Bonus is provided for every claim-free policy year if the policy is renewed from the Company itself without any gap. In case of any claim, the accumulated bonus will reduce by 5%.
- Road Ambulance Cover- Ambulance expenses incurred for transferring the patient to or from the hospital are covered up to Rs 2000 per hospitalization.
- Specific Illness Covered up to 50% Sum Insured –Specific new-age illness treatments like Uterine Artery Embolization and HFU, Deep Brain stimulation, Oral chemotherapy, Balloon Sinuplasty, Robotic surgeries, Bronchial Thermoplasty, Insta operative Neuro Monitoring, Stereotactic radio surgeries, etc. are also covered under the plan.
Exclusions of the Star Health Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
The following medical treatments and expenses are excluded from the Arogya Sanjeevani Star Health Insurance plan.
- Investigation or Evaluation
- Rest Cure or Rehabilitation
- Obesity/ Weight Control
- Change of Gender treatments
- Cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Hazardous or adventurous sports
- Breach of the law, war, riots
- Treatment for addictions
- Health hydro treatments
- Domiciliary Hospitalization and OPD treatment
For a complete list of exclusions, please refer to the policy document.
Benefits and Features of the Star Health Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Anyone looking to buy Arogya Sanjeevani Star Health policy can go through the following main key features and benefits:
- Co-payment of up to 5 % is applicable to every claim.
- The insured person can choose to port the existing policy to other health insurance plans of the Company.
- No third party is involved for claim settlement.
- Hassle-free and fast settlement of claims are assured.
- Pre-acceptance medical screening of people who are above 50 years old is required.
- Tax benefits are applicable for any mode of payment except for cash payments under section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961.
Cancellation of the Policy
Rules regarding cancellation of the Arogya Sanjeevani Star Health Insurance Policy are as follows:
- On a 15 days' written notice, one may cancel this policy and avail of a full refund except for any claims.
- A policy canceled after 15 days will be refunded as per the short-term rates on pro-rata basis.
- For a Policy canceled between 6 to 12 months' period, no amount will be refunded.
Ans: Yes, one can buy Star Health Insurance if they are a foreigner residing in India, but the coverage will not include any medical expenses incurred outside India.
Ans: Yes, any expenses incurred for diagnostic tests such as X-Ray or blood tests etc., are covered under this plan, given the patient is hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours.
Ans: One can buy the online Arogya Sanjeevani Star Health plan or contact customer care to acquire the necessary information on this policy.
Ans: Yes, a free look period of 15 days is applied to this policy, after which one can return the policy if they find it unsuitable as per their requirements.
Ans: One can call the insurer helpline and inform with ID reference, or show the ID card provided by the Company at the hospital helpdesk and obtain a pre-authorization form, fill it and resubmit it at the hospital desk to initiate a cashless claim.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 26 February 2021