Star Family Health Optima Insurance
Star Family Health Optima health insurance plan offers wider coverage to the entire family under a single plan. It is a complete protection plan for you and your entire family. Due to the sedentary lifestyles, everyone is now more vulnerable to health issues. And the cost of medical treatment is quite exorbitant now. A health insurance policy helps in coping up with the mounting hospital bills. And this plan is a comprehensive and affordable one to help you insure your entire family.
Key Features of Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
The key features of this plan are as follows:
- Automatic Restoration of Sum Insured: It is applicable 3 times during the policy period. The amount will be restored upon exhaustion of the available amount.
- Lifetime Policy Renewals: Life-long policy renewal option for applicants aged above 65 years.
- Co-Payment: If the age of the applicants is above 60 years then 20% of co-pay is applicable to each and every claim and their subsequent renewals.
- Pre-medical Screening: People above 50 years will need to undergo pre-medical check-ups at the registered diagnostic centers. And the cost of medical check-ups is also borne by the insurer.
- Pre-Existing Illnesses: Compensation is provided after 48 months of continuous coverage with any Indian Insurance provider.
- Recharge Benefit: Up to the specified limit.
- Bonus:No-claim-bonus of 25% in the second year and an additional 10% for in the next year ( subjected to policy terms and conditions)
- Direct claim settlement without the involvement of any third party administrator
- Hassle free and faster claim settlement
- More than 8800 network hospitals across India
- Electronic maintenance of personal health records
Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan Inclusions
The coverage provided in this plan is as follows:
- Coverage for the new-born baby from the 16th day
- Wider coverage for the entire family in a single plan at an affordable premium
- 100 percent reinstatement of the sum insured
- Assisted Reproductive treatment cover
- Health check-up benefit for each claim free year
- Organ transplantation including donor expenses
- Domiciliary hospitalization cover for a period exceeding 3 days
- Daycare procedures are also covered
- 120 days of a grace period from the expiry date of the policy for renewal
Star Family Health Optima Policy Benefits
It covers the following hospitalization expenses:
- Room charges, boarding expenses as well as nursing expenses as per the specified limit
- Medical Practitioner, Surgeon, Anesthetist, Specialist & Consultants Fees. Expenses incurred on diagnostic and imaging procedures, oxygen, medicine, operation theatre, drugs, and also a pacemaker.
- Emergency ambulance cover to the hospital as per the specified limits
- Air Ambulance cover up to 10% of the basic SI during the policy term
- Up to 60 days of pre-hospitalization expenses before the hospital admission
- Post-hospitalization expenses incurred up to 90 days after getting discharged from the hospital
- Organ donor expenses up to 10% of the SI or one lakh rupees, whichever is less
- Medical checkup expenses up to the specified limits
- Newborn baby cover subjected to a limit of 10% of the SI or 50,000 rupees, whichever is less
Exclusions of Star Family Health Optima Plan
Star Health Insurance shall not be liable to pay for any expenses incurred due to the following reasons:
- Congenital Defects/External Condition / Anomalies
- Preputioplasty, Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Removal of SMEGMA and Preputial Dilatation
- Vaccination or Inoculation or (unless it is for post-bite treatment and for therapeutic reasons)
- General debility, Convalescence, run-down condition, Nutritional deficiency states.
- Dental surgery or treatment unless it has incurred due to accidental injuries and results in hospitalization. (it doesn’t cover dental implants)
- Behavioral, psychiatric, and mental disorders
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Use of drugs, intoxicating substances, smoking, alcohol, and chewing tobacco chewing
- Venereal Diseases
- Immunotherapy, Oral Chemotherapy, and Biologicals
- Hospitalization directly or indirectly related to war, warlike operations, an act of foreign enemy and invasion
- Hospitalization directly or indirectly resulting due to the damage caused by nuclear weapons and materials
- Chondrocyte Implantation, Stem cell Therapy, Intraarticular injection therapy and procedures using Platelet Rich Plasma
- Plastic surgery (unless it is required due to an accident or is a part of an illness)
- Aesthetic treatment, cosmetic surgery, sex change operations, and all treatment related to erectile dysfunctions
Claims Procedure of Star Family Health Optima Plan
To file a claim just follow the simple process:
- Report the claim on their 24-hour assistance number
- Furnish your Policy number and ID proof
- For planned hospitalizations, you need to inform the insurer before 24 hours of hospitalization
- Cashless hospitalization cover in the network hospitals
- For treatment for in non-network hospitals, you need to make the payments and then file for reimbursement
- Claim approval is based on submission of the required documents