A minimum of a third-party two-wheeler or bike insurance is mandatory as per the laws in India, but a comprehensive insurance policy is recommended for your TVS Scooty Pep Plus. It covers an array of risks that can ruin your driving experience and can make you pay huge repair bills for accidental damages, collision, natural calamities, theft, fire, and third-party liabilities.
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Bike Features
Mentioned below are some of the innovative features that this Scooty possesses:
- The Scooty is equipped with strong chassis that are durable with high rigidity micro-alloy
- It comes with an easy Centre stand that reduces the effort to put Scooty on the center stand by 30%
- There are two unique optional accessories- USB charger and Side-stand alarm
- Its telephonic suspension makes the bumpy ride more comfortable
- One of the smart features is its daytime running light
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Bike Specifications
Max Torque (Nm)@rpm
6.5 Nm@3500 rpm
4 stroke, air-cooled, fuel injection, Spark Ignition Engine
Dry- Centrifugal Clutch
Max Power (kW)@rpm
4 Kw@6500 rpm
Fuel Tank Capacity
Variants of TVS Scooty Pep plus with Ex. Showroom Price
It comes in three variants for which the ex. Showroom price is given in the table below:
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Variants
Ex. Showroom Price (Rs)
Scooty Pep Plus Series BS VI
Babelicious Series BS VI
Matte Edition BS VI
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Two-wheeler Insurance Price
Below is the table with estimated two-wheeler insurance price for third-party and comprehensive insurance for TVS Scooty Pep Plus:
TVS Scooty Pep Plus
Ex. Showroom Price
27, 418 approx.
Comprehensive Insurance Estimated Price (Rs)
Third-party Insurance Estimated Price ( Rs)
(The above figures are for reference purpose only and are subject to change as per the policy purchased and the insurer selected)
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Two-wheeler Insurance Inclusions
There are two types of two-wheeler or bike insurance policies that you can buy for your TVS Scooty Pep Plus:
- Third-party liability insurance – It is mandatory to buy at least third party bike insurance for all the vehicle owners in our country. It is designed keeping in mind the safety of a third person (in case of death and injuries) and to financially compensate for third-party property damages from your vehicle.
- Comprehensive Bike insurance – It is an all-inclusive policy that covers both third-party perils as well as damage to your own vehicle. It also includes add-on benefits that you can avail by paying an additional amount of premium.
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Third-party Two-wheeler Insurance Policy
This type of policy secures you financially as per the limit of liability mentioned in the Motor Vehicles Act. The perils covered under the policy are as follows-
- Third-party death or accidental injuries caused by an accident.
- Damage to the property of a third-person during the accident/collision
- Personal accident coverage for the owner/driver is also included in the liability bike insurance policy.
Please note the claimant’s cost is decided by the court of law based on the gravity of the damage.
Comprehensive Two-wheeler Insurance Policy
If there is any damage to your TVS Scooty pep plus or another vehicle, it is covered under the Comprehensive Package policy.
- Own damage cover- TVS Scooty pep plus bike insurance policy covers loss or damage to the vehicle or accessories due to:
- Natural disasters including cyclone, flood, earthquake, landslide, inundation, etc.
- Man-made disasters such as theft, riots, terrorist activities, malicious acts, strikes, are also covered
- External accidental damage
- Lightning, Self-ignition, and Fire
- Damage during the transit (as specified in the policy)
*The sum assured is subjected to deductions for depreciation as mentioned in the policy documents.
- Emergency Assistance: If the Scooty breaks down in the middle of the road, roadside assistance is provided to take it to the nearest workshop and the cost repair is also compensated up to the specified limit.
- Third-party Insurance Cover: It protects you from third-party claims in the event of an accident resulting in third-party death or bodily injuries or property damage. Moreover, the owner/driver also gets a Personal accident cover up to Rs 15 Lakh.
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Two-wheeler Insurance Exclusions
Two-wheeler insurance providers are not liable to accept claims arising under the following scenarios-
- Loss/damage that has occurred beyond the scope of geographical coverage
- Consequential loss
- Depreciation and routine wear & tear
- Driving the two-wheeler without your DL
- Contractual liabilities
- Contravention of the policy terms and conditions
- Claims arising when the vehicle is driven by a person after drinking alcohol
How to Purchase TVS Scooty Pep Plus Bike Insurance Policy Online?
Within the comfort of your home, you can buy TVS Scooty pep plus two-wheeler insurance online from Policybazaar’s website. The process requires you to fill out a form, and submit some basic details and pay online. The documents will be mailed to you on your registered email id.
However, it is recommended that you compare bike insurance online and assess the inclusions, exclusions, discounts, and other services that may be useful for you. You must make an informed decision and buy the right policy as per your needs.
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Bike Insurance Policy Renewal
To renew TVS Scooty Pep Plus two-wheeler insurance online follow these simple steps-
- Enter the bike insurance policy number and expiry date to log in
- You will be required to submit your two-wheeler details and personal information to receive the TVS Scooty Pep Plus bike insurance renewal quote.
- Once agreed, you can make the payment online with your debit/credit card or through net banking.
TVS Scooty Pep Plus Bike Insurance FAQs
Ans: As per the Motor Vehicles Act, you need to have a minimum of third-party insurance for your TVS Scooty Pep Plus. It covers only liabilities arising due to other person’s vehicle damage from your bike. However, if you want to secure your own vehicle, a comprehensive or all-inclusive TVS Scooty Pep Plus bike insurance policy is what you need. It will cover for own damages including accidents, breakdown, theft, fire, natural calamities along with third-party damages.
Ans: Your prudent driving can earn you a no-claim-discount from 20 to 50 percent based on the number of claim-free years. The insurer provides a No-claim-bonus for not claiming during the term of your vehicle insurance policy. It is a reward that the company provides for using your two-wheeler prudently. Percentage of NCB on own damage premium is mentioned in the table below:
For two uninterrupted years
For three uninterrupted years
For four uninterrupted years
For five uninterrupted years
Please note that you can avail NCB if you renew your policy within 90 days of the policy expiry date.
Ans: Once your grace period is over, you cannot renew your bike insurance online once it is expired.
Ans: The major advantages of buying TVS Scooty Pep plus bike insurance policy elucidated below:
- Coverage is available for accidental damages, theft, road accident, collision, and even natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, etc.
- An extensive network of cashless workshops pan India that offers cashless repairs
- A host of additional discounts are available that depends on the insurer
- Speedy online purchase and renewal process in almost all the policies
- The hassle-free and quick documentation process amid the coronavirus outbreak
Ans: The IDV of your two-wheeler and its accessories is fixed on the basis of the sellers’ listed price. And this IDV is considered to be the sum insured of your bike insurance policy. And the price is fixed at the beginning of the policy.
However, this selling price is further adjusted for depreciation (given in the table below) on its parts at the renewal/commencement of the policy.
Below Six months
Exceeding six months but not more than one year
Exceeding one year but not more than two years
Exceeding two years but not more than three years
Exceeding three years but not more than four years
Exceeding four years but not more than five years
IDV for the vehicles that are older than 5 years can be decided mutually between you and the insurance company.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
29 Feb 2024In India, owning a bike is not just a mode of transportation; it
21 Feb 2024Breaking, violating, or disobeying traffic rules is an offence
15 Feb 2024Every bike insurance policy comes with specific clauses. One of
09 Feb 2024If you are cruising the bustling streets of your city in your
11 Jan 2024When it comes to two-wheelers in India, having third-party bike
^The renewal of insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for a transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
^The buying of Insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
#Savings are based on the comparison between highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*TP price for less than 75 CC two-wheelers. All savings are provided by insurers as per IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
*Rs 538/- per annum is the price for third party motor insurance for two wheelers of not more than 75cc (non-commercial and non-electric)
#Savings are based on the comparison between the highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*₹ 1.5 is the Comprehensive premium for a 2015 TVS XL Super 70cc, MH02(Mumbai) RTO with an IDV of ₹5,895 and NCB at 50%.
*Rs 457/- per annum (1.3/day) is the price for the third-party motor insurance for private electric two-wheelers of not more than 3KW (non-commercial). Premium is payable on an annual basis