Top 5 Wedding Destinations in India
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 153 -
Updated date : 17 December 2020
So, are you also looking for your ideal wedding destination? Here, we have compiled a list of the 5 most popular destinations to help you finalize your perfect fit. Whether you are looking for a beachside wedding or a palace in the country, we will help make your dreams of the perfect destination wedding a reality.
One of the most cherished moments in one’s life is the wedding. Hence, couples and their families leave no stone unturned to make it a grand affair- planning the best food, outfits, decor, etc. These days, with easy loan options available, families are willing to expand their budgets and celebrate at international locations.
Destination weddings have now become quite common. But during the times of COVID-19, planning a destination wedding can be an arduous task. To ensure that you and your guests get adequate care, make sure that you cover it with travel insurance policy if you are planning to go overseas. Do not fret, it is not a task as it seems, you can easily buy travel insurance online for domestic wedding destinations as well. Let’s check out the top 5 wedding destinations in India:
Wedding Destination 1: Jaisalmer- The Land of Glorifying Palaces
Do you want to take your wedding vows in the heritage glory? If yes, then you can explore Jaisalmer city in Rajasthan to plan your destination wedding. The scenic landscape offers the grandeur of a royal wedding as the city owns the treasure of some of the best hotels/palaces in India.
- Best Wedding Season: November to March
- Best Pick: Himmatgarh Palace, Rajwada Fort, and Mandir Palace
- Best Places to visit: Jaisalmer Fort, Patwa Haveli, Gadi Sagar Lake
Wedding Destination 2: Goa- The Party Place
One of the most popular wedding destinations for couples in India is Goa. Goa is a perfect mix of beach, clear skies, and lush green palm trees. It is on the top of the list for beach wedding places in the country. With a wide variety of Indian wedding decoration choices and a tropical setup and feel, Goa offers some of the most famous and luxurious wedding choices in India.
- Best Wedding Season: Winter season in North i.e. November to February is the peak season in
Goa. During this season a lot of tourists visit the place and the bookings are expensive. The monsoon season from June to August is not a good time. So, for the wedding, October to November is a suitable time with the modern climate. However, you can host a wedding whenever you want.
- Best Pick: For a luxurious beach wedding you can pick any hotel and resort that fits your budget
- Best Places to visit: Arambol Beach, Baga Beach, Bom Jesus Church
- Pro-tip: October to January is the time when there is no heat. But the months from March to May are preferable as the rates of stay are less and the crowd is also less.
Wedding Destination 3: Kerala-God’s Own Country
As you know, Kerala is well-known for its mesmerizing backwaters and is home to various inland water bodies. In Kerala, the concept of destination weddings is still a novice, but as a beach destination, it is a remarkable one.
- Best Season: As monsoon rainfall is heavy in Kerala, the best time to host a wedding is from September to March. One of the most preferred destinations to get married in Kerala is Kovalam.
- Best Places to Visit: Alleppey, Munnar, Kochi
- Best Pick: There are many wedding resorts at Kovalam that can leave you spellbound in a moment.
- Pro-Tip: A lot of beach weddings take place at the Samudra beach in Kovalam. The beach is serene, peaceful, and less crowded.
Wedding Destination 4: Havelock Island Andaman
A true paradise to host a wedding in India. If you have the budget you can tie the knot on one of the cleanest beaches in Havelock Island, Andaman. Amidst blue skies, golden sands, and clear waters you can host your wedding any time of the year, as the weather usually remains mild and tropical.
- Best Pick: You can pick any ocean or beach resort. There are various lush and lavish properties where you can exchange your vows most remarkably.
- Best Season: Havelock Island is most crowded from October to April, as it is the peak season. Except for the monsoon time, you can celebrate a Havelock wedding from the month of September to May.
- Best Places to Visit: Radhanagar Beach and Elephant Beach
- Pro Tip: Use ferries for transportation as it is low in cost and high-speed catamarans for. If your wedding is in the off season you can expect lower rates in comparison to the rates in the peak season. When flying to Andaman do buy flight insurance or travel insurance online to secure your wedding trip and also to enjoy your peace of mind.
|You may like to Read: 7 Foreign Holiday Destinations That You Can Visit Under Rs 8 Lakh|
Wedding Destination 5: Rishikesh- Spiritual Start
Rishikesh is a holy paradise and interesting place to exchange your wedding vows. The presence of River Ganges makes this an auspicious place for wedding rituals, and attracts a lot of couples in India for destination weddings.
- Places to visit: Lakshman Jhula, and Triveni Ghat
- Best Time: Rishikesh has tourists round the year but for weddings, the month of October to March is the best time.
- Best Season: You can pick any hotel or resort Located on the banks of the River Ganges or any green location, which would be a fascinating haven for such celestial celebrations. You can search online on travel portals for popular wedding venues in Rishikesh.
- Pro Tip: Make sure that you do all your bookings well in advance and get travel insurance cover online to cover up for unforeseen circumstances
While destination weddings have become a trend these days, it is also important to secure your trip. That can be done through our site as you can select various flight insurance plans or travel insurance plans online. This will ensure that the money you have invested in your wedding or in your children’s wedding does not go waste, as travel insurance would cover any trip-related mishaps and even any theft at your place in your absence. Sounds full proof right. So, do not delay it and buy one now.
- Most Read
- Travel to UK after New COVID Strain and Travel Insurance
Date: 08 January 2021
- 4 Pros & Cons of Travel Health Insurance That You Must Know
Date: 30 December 2020
- Travelling to Germany? Check Out the Best Travel Insurance for Your Trip
Date: 29 December 2020
- Popular Credit Cards in India with Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption Cover
Date: 24 December 2020
- Top 5 Wedding Destinations in India
Date: 16 December 2020
- Best Travel Insurance Policies in India
Views : 66484
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 24518
- Best Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 19314
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 11123
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Views : 10966