IFFCO TOKIO Travel Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
IFFCO Tokio travel insurance is one of the comprehensive insurance coverage available in the market that secures your international trip. The policy covers you against an unforeseen event while travelling and offers much-needed financial protection. The policy can be availed for individual, family or group to secure a business or leisure trip.
Why Choose IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance?
IFFCO Tokio travel insurance is one of the most sought-after insurance products available in the market. The insurer claims to have higher claim settlement ratio and global presence to provide assistance. The policy can be availed at an affordable rate and can be customised as per your travel requirements. Moreover, you can experience fast and smooth claim-settlement worldwide.
Features of IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
Below-mentioned are the unique features of IFFCO Tokio travel insurance:
- IFFCO Tokio travel insurance can be availed at an affordable rate, hence, individuals from every walk of life can buy this policy
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance is one of the most renowned insurance policies offered under IFFCO Tokio General Insurance in India.
- The IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Policy is a very customer-friendly policy with a large range of coverage.
- Due to the low premium amount, the IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Policy is available to everyone and is a very affordable plan.
- The policy comes with less processing time; thus, you can ensure travel insurance instantly.
- The post-sale services can be availed online starting from claim registration to policy renewal.
- 24x7 worldwide assistance in case of an emergency
- The plan can be availed in 5 different variants as per the travel needs and requirement of the destination country.
- The well-trained professionals try their level best to attend every single claim and ensure to settle it as fast as possible.
Types of IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
IFFCO Tokio offers travel insurance with two different variants to choose from. They have been listed as follows. These policies can be availed online or offline depending on the ease and travel requirements of the insurance seeker.
- Overseas Travel Insurance
- Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojna
Overseas Travel Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Overseas travel Insurance offers a range of benefits under the umbrella of its five major categories. The major benefit options to be available are listed below:
- Gold 500 Benefit Option
- Gold 250 Benefit Option
- Gold 100 Benefit Option
- Silver Plan
- Bronze Plan
Moreover, depending on the purpose of your travel, IFFCO Tokio travel insurance further can be categorised into:
- Single Trip Insurance
- Multi-trip Insurance
Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojna Plan
This plan is mandatory for all Indian emigrants going to foreign countries for employment. This plan for those travellers with ECR or emigration checks and require countersign on their passports. The policy offers especially coverage for NRIs as well, posting with foreign employers.
Coverage Offered under IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
The policy covers the insured for the following travel-related risks:
Complete Medical Protection
IFFCO Tokio travel insurance provides medical coverage including emergency hospitalisation expenses due to illness, dental treatment expense, ambulance cost and other related expenses.
Personal Accident Cover
Emergency can knock anytime while travelling. The additional expense can add up to your travel budget due to an eventuality such as personal accident. IFFCO Tokio travel insurance comes in handy in this regard as it covers the expenses incurred availing treatment.
Loss of Baggage
Nothing could be more awful than losing your travel bag while travelling abroad. And incurring additional expenses due to this would be the last thing you wish for. With IFFCO Tokio travel insurance, remain stress-free from such expenses. In such a case, the policy will reimburse you the expenses incurred in buying essential items due to the loss of baggage or misplaced by the airlines.
Loss of Important Documents
You can’t afford to lose your travel documents as important as Passport. Without a passport, you can’t even travel. In such a case, availing the duplicate one will be very cumbersome. But with IFFCO Tokio travel insurance stay rest assured for the expenses incurred while availing the duplicate passport. This allows you to be much relaxed in such a chaos situation.
Dental Treatment Cover
The policy covers the insured for dental emergencies while on board. The dental procedures undergoing abroad can cost you an arm and a leg with travel insurance. As medical expenses are sky-high, with IOFFCO Tokio travel insurance you can be rest-assured for such additional expenses while travelling.
Hospital Daily Allowance
If the insured is hospitalised for more than 48 hours abroad, IFFCO Tokio travel insurance offers a hospital daily cash of US $ 30 for every day, subject to a maximum limit as per the policy terms and condition.
Sometimes, there can be a delay in the delivery of your check-in baggage. The airline staffs mistakenly misplace the baggage and you have to wait for hours, sometimes days, before you get it back. Luckily, the IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance not only covers the loss of check-in baggage but also covers check-in baggage delays. In case of baggage delays or baggage-related disturbances, you can claim compensation up to a certain limit from IFFCO Tokio.
Hijack Distress Allowance
In case of the hijack of the airline for specific hours, the insurance provider will provide the insured with a distress allowance as per the specific amount mentioned in the policy.
Emergency Cash Benefit
Financial emergency can arise anytime while travelling. You might lose your wallet or credit card or left out of cash. It can cause a lot of trouble especially in a foreign. In this regard, IFFCO Tokio travel insurance comes to your rescue by offering emergency cash benefit in the hour of need.
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Benefit Table
Under IFFCO Tokio travel insurance, below benefits are offered:
|Covers||Gold 500||Gold 250||Gold 100||Silver||Bronze|
|Transportation of mortal remains or burial at local place||$7,000||$7,000||$7,000||$7,000||$7,000|
|Hospital Daily Allowance||$ 30 per day for 20 days||$ 30 per day for 20 days||Nil||$ 30 per day for 20 days||Nil|
|Total loss of checked baggage||$1,000||$1,000||$1,000||$1,000||$5000|
|Checked Baggage Delay||$150||$150||$150||$150||$100|
|Loss of passport||$200||$200||$200||$200||$200|
|Hijack Distress Allowance||$700||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Financial Emergency Assistance||$250||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Countries covered||Worldwide||Worldwide||Worldwide||Worldwide excluding U.S.A & Canada||Worldwide excluding U.S.A & Canada|
Exclusions of IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
The insurance provider wouldn’t extend its coverage for the insured under the below conditions:
- Claims arising for the events happened before the commencement of the travel policy are not covered
- Travelling against the advice of a physician
- If travelling especially to avail medical treatment abroad, the incurred expenses will not be covered. Travel insurance only covers emergency medical expenses.
- Taking part in the operation of Naval, Military or Air Force operation
- Intentional, self-inflicted injury such as suicide, attempt to suicide etc. are excluded
- Expenses arising out of mental disorder, treating HIV/AIDS or other related diseases.
- War, war-like situations, civil war, vandalism etc.
- Consequential loss or damage
- Participation in high-risk sports
How to Claim IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance?
IFFCO Tokio travel insurance can be claimed for cashless and reimbursement claim.
Cashless Claim Process
In order to serve you around the clock while travelling if a claim arises, IFFCO Tokio has a global partnership with PHM Global which ensures instance assistance abroad. In case of a medical emergency, you can ask for assistance where the service provider will provide you with the list of hospitals for cashless services. You can avail cashless services. The procedure of cashless claim will be further completed by the insurance desk in the hospital.
Reimbursement Claim Process
In case the treatment is not availed from a network hospital abroad, or have taken treatment in a non-network hospital, you may pay the bills and register for a reimbursement claim.
Step for Claiming IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- Intimate the insurer in case of a claim
- Avail treatment as per the possible option available
- Register a claim with the insurer and download the claim form the official website. You can contact their global assistance partner abroad for claim assistance.
- Provide sufficient proof of your claim, send documents through mail or fax
Documents Required to Claim IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
The following documents are required to claim IFFCO Tokio travel insurance:
- Claim Form
- Cashless authorisation letter
- Discharge summary in case of reimbursement claim
- Original copies of medical bills and receipts
- Doctor’s prescriptions and a report stating the nature of the illness
- Advance and final receipts
- Diagnostic Test Reports, X-Ray, ECG, Scan etc.
How to Buy IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance?
IFFCO Tokio travel insurance can be renewed online easily. You can visit the official website of IFFCO Tokio, go to the ‘Buy Online’ online. Provide the necessary travel details and fill in the online form by mentioning certain information such as travel destination, date of birth, the starting date of travel/end date of travel, mobile number etc. click on the ‘Get Plans’ option, choose a policy and buy online. This way you can ensure the best travel insurance policy online.
IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Q1. What are the different modes of payment to purchase travel insurance?
A: You can purchase the policy online or at any branch of IFFCO Tokio.
Q2. What is the procedure to purchase Travel Insurance from IFFCO Tokio online?
A: Buying travel insurance from IFFCO Tokio online is easy. All you need to do is, follow the instructions available on the website of the insurer. It requires you to provide certain details such as personal details, travel dates, date of birth, contact number. After providing all these, the insurer will suggest some insurance quotes depending on your requirement. If you find one, by the policy through your credit/debit card. The transaction is safe through a secured payment gateway.
Q3. What is the benefit of buying travel insurance online?
A: The insurance can be bought from anywhere online at your best comfort. Even you can buy it from the United States or the United Kingdom for your parents who are travelling from India.
With insurance providers making their products available online, all the necessary details about the plan get be availed online. This way you are not dependent on the broker or no chance of being manipulated at the time of buying.
Buying insurance online is time-saving. The formalities can be done within a fraction of minutes with less or no paperwork. It also saves money by suggesting insurance quote based on thorough research. This way you can buy the policy that suits your budget.
Q4.Will I have to pay more for using these online services of the insurers?
A: No, you do not require to pay anything extra. You pay only the price of the insurance policy at the time of buying.
Q4. How can I save money while purchasing travel insurance online?
A: You can save money by comparing the plans as per their offerings. IFFCO Tokio’s travel plans can be bought at an affordable rate, where you can choose from 5 different variants as per your requirements.
Q5. Do I have to undergo a medical test to availing travel insurance?
A: No medical test is required for buying IFFCO Tokio travel insurance. However, insurance seeker above the age 70 years will have to submit the medical test report, considering the risk-factor associated at this age.
Q6. How do I receive the policy after applying?
A: You will receive the policy document by email. The hard copy of the policy will be sent to the registered email address. In case of online insurance, the soft copy of the policy will be sent to the email ID from where you can download the policy.
Q.7. Is Dental treatment covered under the policy?
A: Yes, up to a maximum of $ 250.00
Q.8. What’re the premium payment modes available with IFFCO Tokio?
A: The IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company offers 4 modes to pay the travel insurance premiums namely:
- Cash/ cheque payment at the branch
- Online Payment
- Mobile portal with the help of Android and iOS
- By Post
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay the premium via;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
Q 9. How can I renew my IFFCO TOKIO travel insurance?
You can pay your renewal premium in 3 easy steps online if you are a registered user:
- Step1: Enter your Policy details to login into e-portal
- Step2: Select the premium payment option from Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking to pay
- Step3: Save or print the receipt of premium deposit
If you don’t want to pay online, walk into the nearest branch of IFFCO Tokio, pay the premium through cheque or cash and renew the policy.
Q10. What is the claim process with IFFCO Tokio if a travel claim arises?
A: In order to process a claim with IFFCO Tokio follows the below steps:
- Step 1: Inform the insurer in their toll number immediately on hospitalisation. In case of a reimbursement claim, it should be registered within not more than 7 days from the discharge date. Please mention your Policy Number while intimating the claim.
- Step 2: Avail necessary treatment and settle all the hospital bills initially. Later, file a claim for reimbursement.
- Step 3: Download the travel insurance claim form from the official website of the insurer
- Step 4: Submit claim documents to your nearest branch. In case of a claim arising abroad, you can take help from the associate service provider of IFFCO Tokio abroad. Read the policy document for details.
Q11. How can I cancel my travel policy with IFFCO Tokio?
In order to cancel IFFCO Tokio travel insurance, you can inform the insurer with 15 days from the policy buying date. Or you can visit the nearest branch along with the policy document and surrender the same. The insurer will refund the premiums of pro-rata base.
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Star Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- 8 Tips You Need to Know Before Buying a Travel Insurance for the UK
- 7 Things To Know Before Claiming International Travel Insurance
- When Is It Ideal to Buy Annual Travel Insurance?
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
- How Does Travel Insurance Helps During Trip Delay & Cancellation?
- 10 Useful Benefits of Senior Citizen Travel Insurance Plans
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Travel Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance Malaysia
- Travel Insurance UK
- Travel Insurance Australia
- Travel Insurance Sri Lanka
- Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance Singapore
- Travel Insurance Japan
- Travel Insurance UAE
- Travel Insurance Germany
- Travel Insurance Hong Kong
- Travel Insurance Dubai
- Travel Insurance Thailand