Why Oriental Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance Plans cocoons policyholders from any ill fate spoiling their traveling pleasure. Oriental Travel insurance plans are designed to offer complete protection against any expenses incurred toward death, injury, or other urgent health expenses while travelling overseas. Not only this, but It also covers insurance for trip delays, trip interruptions, trip cancellations and related problems through various plans offered by many insurers in Indian Today.
Some plans also provide services such as travel-related advice, evacuation to your home or hospital in case of a medical emergency, emergency cash, or help in the event of the loss or theft of your money, valuables, or travel documents.
Features of Oriental Travel Insurance plans
Oriental travel insurance plans come with several features. They are as follows:
- Affordable premium without adding much burden on the pocket and keeps the tranquility of holidaying.
- Online options to choose the most suited plan, wherein the customer has the freedom to choose the premium he wants to pay.
- A host of online facilities to avoid any wastage of time before travelling.
- Instant Digitally signed Plan document
- Hassle-free processing and simple documentation.
- 24 Hour Worldwide Assistance in partnership with Coris International to provide emergency assistance and claims administration services.
- Well trained in-house Surveyors to ensure that every claim is being attended within the least expected time frame
- Pan India help desk for 24x7 assistance relating to claims in India in partnership with Heritage Health Services Private Limited
Things To Know About Oriental Travel Insurance
Domestic & International
Type of Trips Covered
Business & Holiday, Employment & Study
Up to $10,00,000
Indian Citizen, Below 70 Years of age
Oriental Travel Insurance Plans
Oriental Travel Insurance offers three travel insurance plans and they are as follows:
- Business and Holiday Travel cover plans for individuals.
- Study and Employment Cover Travel Insurance Plan
- Corporate Frequent Flyer Travel Insurance Plans
Business and Holiday Travel Insurance Plan for individuals
This insurance plan offers complete protection for any medical emergency, accidental emergency as well as a third-party liability when the insured is traveling abroad. This plan provides cover to both inpatient as well as outpatient expenses when the insured is in another country. Cashless settlement is also provided to the insured through the Overseas service provider.
This product of Oriental travel insurance offers two plans:
- Worldwide-Excluding USA/Canada with different levels of the sum insured.
- Worldwide-Including USA/Canada with different levels of the sum insured.
However, there are two types of plans based on the number of trips in the policy duration.
- The single trip insurance covers the insured for a single trip and the customer has to purchase a new policy every time.
- Multi-trip insurance covers the insured for multiple trips during the policy tenure. An individual can get cover for a maximum number of 30-45 days.
The people falling under the below-mentioned age groups can get insured under the policy.
- Less than equal to 40 years
- Between 41-60 years
- Between 61-70 years
- Above 70 years
In order to get insured with your desired sum insured amount, you can choose one option out of the two offered under this product.
- Silver Plan: This plan offers a basic sum insured amount of $25,000. You can increase the sum insured amount in steps of $5,000 up to less than $1,00,000.
- Gold Plan: This plan offers a basic sum insured amount of $1,00,000. You can increase the sum insured amount in steps of $50,000 up to $10,00,000.
*For more details, kindly refer to the policy wordings of the insurance plan.
Study and Employment Cover Travel Insurance Plan
This insurance plan offers coverage to people going abroad for either studies or employment. The insured person will be provided cover for a maximum of 12 months. The policyholder has to pay the premium amount in USD. The policy provides cover for door to door as well as home to the destination and back to a home that includes both ways of traveling from the airport.
Only an Indian citizen can purchase this insurance plan. The Indian citizen who is going to live in another country for a specific period for study or employment.
Corporate Frequent Flyer Travel Insurance Plans
This insurance policy is designed for corporate customers who have to travel worldwide frequently for business purposes. The policy will provide cover to the insured for 1 year of policy tenure but not more than 180 days of travel duration in 12 months, as well as the insured, will not be provided cover for one trip that exceeds 60 days.
There are two conditions applied in the case of the sum insured.
- When the total number of insured travel days that is 180 ends before the expiration of the policy, the policyholder will get a cover reduced by 5% per day for every day beyond 180 days to the limit of $10,000 for plan E-1 and $50,000 for plan E-2.
- The same thing will be applied once the 60 days limit of the insured trip is exceeded.
- In case the policyholder travels outside of India on the last day of insurance, the cover will extend until the policyholder come back to India within 60 days of the expiry date.
- The person should be below 70 years of age to get insured under this policy.
- If the person is above 60 years of age and below 70 then at the inception of the annual cover of the policy must go through a full medical check-up that includes blood/Urine strip test and ECG as well as stress test (On doctor’s recommendation).
Inclusions Under Oriental Travel Insurance Plan
- The plan includes the benefit of compensation towards total loss of Checked-in Baggage, where the insured shall be paid up to the limit of cover shown in the Schedule
- In the event of loss of passport, the plan offers the reimbursement of actual expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred by the Insured Person in connection with obtaining emergency travel documents instead of lost passport, outside India
- Dental treatment expenses are covered under the Oriental travel insurance
- Expenses for medical evacuation, including transportation and medical care en route to a hospital in the Republic of India or the Insured Person’s normal place of residence in the Republic of India when deemed medically advisable by the Medical Advisors and the attending physician.
- Cashless settlement of hospitalization claims abroad
- Personal Liability Compensation towards any legal liability that a student may have to bear due to third-party injury to a person or damage to property
- Hijack relief, trip cancellation, trip curtailment and trip delay
- If the Insured Person dies outside the Republic of India, the expenses for preparing the air transportation of the remains for repatriation to the Republic of India or up to an equivalent amount for a local burial or cremation in the country where the death occurred
- Comprehensive insurance cover in the event of death of the insured person, Permanent Total Disablement or Total and Irrecoverable loss of both eyes or two limbs or of one eye and one limb caused due to any bodily injury resulting solely and directly from an accident caused by external, violent and visible means
Exclusions Under Oriental Travel Insurance Plan
- Travelling for treatment is the key reason for cases where the treatment can be delayed till the time policyholder returns to India.
- Any medical expense towards the attributable to HIV (Human Immuno Deficiency Virus) and/ or any HIV-related illness including AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) and/ or any mutant derivative or variations thereof howsoever caused.
- For illness and accidents that are results of wars and warlike occurrences or invasions, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, active participation in riots, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation or nationalization or requisition of or destruction of or damage to the property by or under the order of any government or local authority.
- For any claim arising from damage to any property whatsoever or any loss or expenses whatsoever resulting from or arising from or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear waste from the combustion fuel or the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- For any claim arising out of sporting risk in so far as they involve the training or participation in competitions of professional or semi-professional sportsmen or women.
- Cases where the insured is taking part in any kind of Naval, Military, or Air Force operation.
How To Enroll In Oriental Travel Insurance Plans
To enroll yourself in an Oriental travel insurance plan you can either visit the official website of the Oriental Insurance Company Limited or visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Broker Private Limited. For better knowledge, you can write to us at email@example.com or talk to customer care at 1800-708-8787.
You can follow the steps mentioned below to purchase the Oriental travel insurance policy online:
- Visit the official website of Oriental Insurance Private Ltd. or an insurance aggregator website.
- Look for the options available in the travel insurance product
- Fill in the required details such as the number of people, destination country, date, etc.
- Now as per your filled in details, the website will show you the plans suitable for you
- Once you are satisfied with the coverage of the plan, you can click on it and it will take you to the online payment page
- Click on the payment option of your choice
- Pay the premium amount of the insurance plan of your choice
- The company will issue the insurance plan and send you a confirmation mail to your email ID as well as send you a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
You can purchase the Oriental travel insurance offline also. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the nearby office of the Oriental Insurance Company Ltd.
- Ask for the travel insurance form
- Fill up the form with the required details
- Provide the documents necessary to enroll yourself in the travel insurance plan such as Identity verification, address verification, etc.
- Submit the form with the required documents attached to it
- Pay for the insurance plan either using a debit/credit card or by cash
- The insurance company will issue the travel insurance plan once they verify all the documents
- You can also contact the Oriental Insurance Company Limited on call and ask them to send their insurance agent to your place for further buying process
To know more about the travel insurance plans and compare them online, you can visit the Policybazaar.com
Oriental Travel Insurance- FAQs
Ans: Oriental Insurance India offers 2 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash payment at the branch
- Online Payment
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card,
- Debit Card
- Net banking
Ans: You can go to the website to check your policy details if registered.
Ans: You can go for the online renewal on the website of the company. Log in with the policy details, select the payment mode and finally print/save the receipt.
Ans: To settle the claim you can intimate the company by filling a form online.
For further assistance, you can visit your nearest branch
Ans: You can submit the policy documents to your nearest branch. The refunds will be directly credited to your bank account, after deducting applicable cancellation charges.
Ans: Oriental travel insurance offers sum insured up to $10,00,000.