ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance Overview
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance is one of the leading travel insurance companies in the country. It is owned by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited, which is India’s biggest insurance provider in the private sector. Travel insurance by ICICI Lombard has been designed to suit the requirements of different kinds of travelers during their international travel. Whether you are traveling for business or for leisure, ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance has a plan for everyone including senior citizens.
A large variety of coverage is available to an international traveler if he purchases a travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard. This policy protects against adversities like medical expenses, personal accident, personal liability, total loss or delay of check-in baggage, emergency cash advance, trip cancellation & interruption, emergency hotel extension, home burglary and many others. ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance also provides Value Added Services to the dependents of the traveling policyholder in India. Moreover, it also allows the insured traveler to customize his plan as per the destination country and choose a geographic location amongst Asia, Schengen, USA & Canada and the rest of the world.
Why Choose ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance?
Travel enthusiasts love to visit new places in different parts of the world. But given the unpredictability of life, even a perfectly-planned trip can get messed up if an unforeseen incident occurs. The wisest thing to do here is to stay prepared for any uncertainties by buying the best travel insurance policy. ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance gives you a wide range of coverage so that you can have a memorable time during your travel abroad. If you are still unsure, take a look at the various benefits of choosing a travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard:
- Sum Insured up to USD 5,00,000
- Cashless hospitalization facility available round the globe
- ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance offers destination-specific coverage including USA or Canada, Schengen, Asia and Rest of the World
- No medical test for applicants up to 85 years of age
- Option to choose between a single trip and multi-trip policy
- Value Added Services available to the insured’s dependents in India
- ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance also covers political risk & catastrophe evacuation
- Premium applicable on pay per day basis with slab rate for first 7 days only
Types of ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
1. Single Trip Travel Insurance
This travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard protects an international traveler from any unforeseen incidents for a single journey. It offers benefits of both individual travel insurance plan and family travel insurance plan. It also covers senior citizen travelers above the age of 70 years. Some of the coverage provided by this ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance policy includes medical cover, personal liability, loss of passport, emergency cash advance, trip cancellation & interruption, trip delay, hijack distress allowance, missed flight connections, home insurance and value added services amongst others. This plan is also open to customization according to the destination country including Asia, USA & Canada and Schengen countries. The Single Trip Travel Insurance by ICICI Lombard is available in the following variants:
- Leisure Travel Plan - This ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance plan provides comprehensive coverage to the insured travelers against various untoward incidents that may obstruct their travel plans. It is available for a sum insured amount ranging between USD 50,000 and USD 5,00,000. It provides protection against medical expenses, trip delay, loss of check-in baggage, loss of passport, personal accident, daily hospitalization allowance, emergency cash advance, fire cover, burglary cover, emergency hotel extension, value added services and many more. The Leisure Travel plan by ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance is available in three variants i.e. Platinum, Gold and Silver.
- Senior Citizen Plan - The Senior Citizen plan by ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance has been tailor-made for people between the ages of 71 to 80 years. It provides elderly travelers with ample protection from an unpredictable incident that they may face during their travel abroad. This ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance plan offers a range of covers including medical cover, loss or delay of check-in baggage, loss of passport, emergency cash advance, trip delay, missed flight connection, personal liability and personal accident amongst others.
- Asia Plan - The Asia plan by ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance has been customized to suit the needs of people traveling to an Asian country. It offers a sum insured amounting to USD 25,000 and can be purchased by solo travelers, families as well as senior citizens. Some of the coverage provided under this ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance plan includes medical cover, repatriation expenses, hijack distress allowance, political risk & catastrophe evacuation, loss or delay of check-in baggage, personal accident, personal liability and trip delay.
2. Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
The Multi-Trip policy by ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance has been designed exclusively for people who frequently travel abroad. This overseas travel insurance plan caters to the needs of business travelers who regularly have to travel outside the country for work purposes. It offers the benefits of travel insurance on each international trip without having the need to buy a new policy before every travel. This ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance policy offers a wide range of coverage including medical cover, accidental death (common carrier), personal liability, loss of passport, loss or delay in check-in baggage, missed flight connections, political risk & catastrophe evacuation, trip cancellation & interruption and value added services amongst others.
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the various insurance plans by ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance are mentioned below:
|Travel Insurance Plans||Minimum Entry Age||Policy Validity|
|Single Trip Travel Insurance||Leisure Travel Plan||3 months to 70 years||Up to 180 days|
|Senior Citizen Plan||71 to 85 years|
|Asia Plan||3 months to 70 years|
|Multi-Trip Travel Insurance||3 months to 70 years||Up to 30, 45 or 60 days|
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance Coverage
An insured international traveler can avail the following coverage on buying a travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard:
- Medical Cover: The insurer covers all the medical treatment expenses, including hospitalization cost, of the insured arising due to a disease or an illness. It also covers the cost of medical evacuation to a hospital
- Repatriation of Remains: ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance covers the cost of transporting the mortal remains of the insured back to India as well as the cost of burial or local cremation
- Daily Hospitalization Allowance: The insured is given an allowance to cover day-to-day hospitalization expenses if he is admitted for more than 2 days
- Dental Treatment: All expenses incurred by the insured on dental treatment due to an injury caused to his natural teeth are covered by the insurer
- Personal Accident: ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance will pay compensation to the insured or his family if the insured dies or suffers from a disability as a result of an accident during his trip abroad
- Accidental Death (Common Carrier): The insurer will pay compensation to the insured or his family if he dies or suffers from permanent total or partial disability due to an accident of the common carrier in which he was traveling
- Total Loss of Check-in Baggage: ICICI Lombard will reimburse the losses incurred by the insured in case his check-in baggage is lost by the airline
- Delay in Check-in Baggage: If there is a delay of more than 6 hours in the arrival of the check-in baggage, the insurer will pay for the expenses incurred by the insured on essential personal products
- Political Risk & Catastrophe Evacuation: In the event of political risk or catastrophe in the country where the insured is visiting, ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance will cover all the expenses incurred for his evacuation to a safe place nearby or back to India
- Compassionate Visit: In case the insured is hospitalized for more than 5 days, the insurer will pay for the cost of traveling and stay of one family member of the insured to the country where he is admitted
- Loss of Passport: If the insured traveler loses his passport, the insurer will reimburse all the expenses incurred in obtaining a new or duplicate passport
- Personal Liability: ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance will pay compensation towards any legal liability of the insured arising due to unintentional injuries or damages caused to another person or third party property
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption: In case the trip gets canceled or interrupted due to unforeseen incidents like medical illness, natural calamities or terrorism, the insurer will reimburse the losses incurred by the insured on pre-paid hotel and flight bookings
- Trip Delay: The insurer will reimburse the expenses incurred by the insured if his flight is delayed for more than 6 hours
- Bounced Booking: ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance will reimburse the additional expenses incurred by the insured in case his flight or hotel booking gets bounced
- Emergency Cash Advance: If the insured loses his money while traveling, an emergency cash allowance will be provided by the insurer
- Emergency Hotel Extension: The insurer will cover the additional hotel expenses incurred by the insured if his flights get delayed due to unforeseen incidents like medical emergencies or natural calamities
- Loss of Baggage & Personal Effects: In case the insured traveler loses his baggage and personal belongings during his trip, the insurer will pay for the losses incurred by him
- Missed Flight Connections: ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance will pay for the losses incurred by the insured if he misses his connecting due to an inward flight delay of more than 3 hours
- Hijack Distress Allowance: The insurer will give compensation to the insured if the airplane or ship in which he was traveling gets hijacked
- Return of Minor Child: ICICI Lombard will pay for the cost of an economy class ticket if a minor child is left unattended abroad
- Home Insurance: The insurer will pay compensation for the losses incurred by the insured of his house in India catches fire or gets burgled
- Value Added Services: ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance also offers a bunch of Value Added Services to the dependent family members of the insured traveler in India while he is outside the country. It consists of medical concierge services, automotive assistance services and lifestyle services.
- The medical concierge services include home nursing care assistance, medical service provider referral, appointments with local doctors for treatment amongst others.
- The automotive assistance services include on the spot minor repair, flat tyre service, breakdown services, towing and jumpstart.
- The lifestyle services include plumbing services, electrical assistance, pest control assistance, home movers assistance, electrical gadget repair assistance and many more.
|Coverage(In USD)||Single Round Trip||Gold Multi-Trip|
|Leisure Travel Plan||Senior Citizen Plan||Asia Plan|
|Plan Variants||Platinum, Gold, Silver||-||-||-|
|Medical Cover||50,000 to 5,00,000||25,000 to 50,000||25,000||1,00,000 to 5,00,000|
|Repatriation of Remains (Included in Medical cover)||7,500||7,500||7,500||7,500|
|Daily Hospitalization Allowance||50 per day for up to 5 days (only in Platinum plan)||-||-||-|
|Personal Accident||15,000 (except in Silver plan)||2,500||15,000||15,000|
|Personal Liability||1,00,000 (except in Silver plan)||1,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000|
|Accidental Death (Common Carrier)||5,000 (except in Silver plan)||-||5,000||5,000|
|Total Loss of Check-in Baggage||500 (except Silver plan)||500||500||500|
|Political Risk & Catastrophe Evacuation||7,500 (except in Silver plan)||7,500||7,500||7,500|
|Compassionate Visit||7,500 (only in Platinum plan)||-||-||-|
|Delay in Check-in Baggage||100 (except in Silver plan)||100||100||100|
|Loss of Passport||300 (except in Silver plan)||300||300||300|
|Trip Cancellation & Interruption||500 (except in Silver plan)||500||500||500|
|Trip Delay||500 (except in Silver plan)||500||500||500|
|Bounced Booking||2,000 (only in Platinum plan)||-||-||-|
|Emergency Cash Advance||1,000 (except in Silver plan)||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|Emergency Hotel Extension||5,000 (only in Platinum plan)||-||-||-|
|Loss of Baggage & Personal Effects||2,000 (only in Platinum plan)||-||-||-|
|Missed Flight Connections||500 (except in Silver plan)||500||500||500|
|Hijack Distress Allowance||125 per day for up to 7 days (except in Silver plan)||125 per day for up to 7 days||125 per day for up to 7 days||125 per day for up to 7 days|
|Return of Minor Child||Up to 7,500 (only in Platinum plan)||-|
|Home Insurance (In INR)||Fire Cover for Building||20,00,000 (only in Platinum plan)||-||-||-|
|Fire Cover for Contents||10,00,000 (only in Platinum plan)|
|Home Burglary||1,00,000 (only in Platinum plan)|
|Value Added Services||Available only in Platinum plan||-||-||Available|
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance: List of Exclusions
- Pre-existing diseases: The insurer does not cover any claims arising out of a pre-existing medical condition, even if it has been declared
- Addiction: Any treatment expenses arising due to addiction to drugs and alcohol will not be covered by ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
- The insurer will not pay for the treatment expenses incurred due to mental disorder, depression or anxiety
- It does not cover any claims arising due to venereal diseases
- ICICI Lombard will not pay for the cost of treatment related to sexually transmitted diseases as well as HIV and AIDS
- Any claims arising due to any radiation or nuclear weapon will not be covered by the insurer
- The insurer will not pay for the loss of valuables, money, tickets or securities
- ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance will not cover expenses incurred on Naturopathy or Homeopathy treatments and therapies by Ayurveda
- Any claims arising due to participation in sporting activities will not be covered by the insurer
- The insurer will not pay for the expenses incurred on correction treatments like cosmetic or plastic surgery
- ICICI Lombard will not cover the cost of recuperation or rest at a health resort or spa
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance Claim
Travel plans can easily get disrupted if you do not have a travel insurance policy to take care of all your unaccounted losses during the trip. In order to avail assistance from ICICI Lombard, you need to know how to raise a timely claim, be it cashless or reimbursement. Here is a rundown for the claim procedure of ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance:
Cashless Claims Registration
- Cashless claims can be availed only at a network hospital of ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
- Inform ICICI Lombard’s Assistance Service Provider (ASP) about your hospitalization via phone, email or fax
- Send a pre-authorization request to the ASP
- The ASP will verify your claim with the policy and send pre-authorization for the treatment
- Receive the whole treatment and get discharged from the hospital
- ICICI Lombard will settle the bills directly with the hospital
Reimbursement claims under ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance can be registered for incidents like loss of passport, delay in check-in baggage arrival, home burglary, trip cancellation & interruption, hijack distress allowance and many others. Follow the steps mentioned below to file a reimbursement claim under ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance:
- Inform ICICI Lombard’s ASP about your claim
- Fill up the claim form of ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
- Send the claim form along with all the supporting documents to the ASP
- The ASP will review your claim against your policy coverage
- ICICI Lombard will pay you the claim amount within 15 days
Documents Required for Claiming ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
- Duly completed claim form
- Original flight ticket/ boarding pass or photocopy of passport indicating the travel dates
- All bills and payment receipts in original
- Original police report or photocopy of the FIR, if any
- Medical reports and hospital discharge summary mentioning the insured’s name and treatment dates (In case of medical expense)
- Medicine prescriptions, bill and payment receipts (in case of medical expense)
- Photocopy of insured’s death certificate (in case of death)
- Property Irregularity Report issued by the common carrier in which the insured was traveling (in case of check-in baggage loss or delay)
However, the insured traveler is advised to confirm the list of supporting documents with the Assistance Service Provider of ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance at the time of filing a claim.
How to Apply for ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance policies by ICICI Lombard can be purchased both online and offline. You can apply for a travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard online by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
- Go to Travel Insurance and select the plan you want to buy
- Enter your travel dates and the geographic location you are visiting
- Check the premium quote and fill up the proposal form
- Review all the details including the name of the nominee
- Select a suitable mode of premium payment and pay the amount
- Download a copy of your travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance Renewal
ICICI Lombard has an extremely easy procedure for renewal of travel insurance policies online. All you have to do is to follow the renewal steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
- Go to renewals and select Travel Policy
- Enter your policy number and proceed
- Pay the premium amount online
- Download a copy of your renewed travel insurance policy
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance - FAQs
Q. Will my ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance cover my pre-medical conditions like Diabetes?
Ans: Any claim arising out of a pre-existing medical condition including Diabetes will not be covered by travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard, irrespective of being declared or undeclared.
Q. How many days will it take me to receive the policy papers if I buy my travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard online?
Ans: You will receive the hard copy of your travel insurance policy within 15 working days. You can also print a copy of the policy that you receive in your mail after buying it.
Q. Does ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance apply any sub-limits for Schengen countries?
Ans: No. Travel Insurance by ICICI Lombard does not apply any sub-limits for Schengen countries.
Q. Do I need to pay any fee on canceling my travel insurance policy?
Ans: You will have to pay INR 300 for canceling your ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance.
Q. Will I get a refund on canceling my travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard?
Ans: If you cancel your travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard, you will get a refund of the amount paid on a pro-rata basis only if you have not made any claims and at least 30 days are left for the policy to expire.
Q. Are business travellers eligible to purchase travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard?
Ans: Yes. ICICI Lombard offers travel insurance policy to business travellers that have been tailor-made to suit their needs.
Q. What sum insured amount should I opt for while travelling to the Schengen countries?
Ans: In order to obtain a Schengen visa, you need a travel insurance policy with a minimum cover of EUR 30,000. Therefore, you can opt for the minimum sum insured offered by ICICI Lombard i.e. USD 50,000 while travelling to the Schengen countries.
Q. What is the maximum trip length covered under ICICI Travel Insurance policy?
Ans: ICICI Travel Insurance offers coverage for a maximum trip duration of 180 days. However, the provider allows you to extend your trip coverage for another 180 days.
Q. In case medical treatment is required, do I need to take any pre-approval from ICICI Lombard before hospitalization?
Ans: If you need to receive any medical treatment during your trip, you would have to take a pre-approval from ICICI Lombard or its Assistance Travel Provider for cashless treatments.
Q. Is it mandatory for the traveller to be in India for international travel policy issuance?
Ans: Yes. The person to be insured under international travel insurance should be present in India at the time of buying the policy from ICICI Lombard.
Q. How many times can we extend the ICICI Lombard policy in one-year duration?
Ans: ICICI Lombard allows you to extend your travel insurance policy as many times as you want, provided the total policy duration should not be more than 360 days.
Q. I will be travelling for 4 days. Can I get international travel insurance by ICICI Lombard?
Ans: You can purchase an international travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard if you are going for a 4-day trip. However, you will have to pay the premium for a duration of at least 1 week as per the guidelines of the insurance company.
Q. If I take a 2-month travel insurance policy, would I be able to extend it later, as per requirement?
Ans: Yes. You can easily extend your travel insurance policy by ICICI Lombard online. However, your extension will depend on the terms and conditions of the insurance provider.
Q. Can ICICI Lombard issue more than one policy for the same trip?
Ans: No. ICICI Lombard will issue only one travel insurance policy to a traveller for the same trip.
Q. What is the duration of the policy that can be issued on an immigrant visa?
Ans: ICICI Lombard will issue an international travel insurance policy to an immigrant visa holder for a maximum duration of 90 days. Moreover, the policy cannot be extended under this circumstance.
Q. If I return from my trip earlier than planned, can I get a partial refund on my travel insurance?
Ans: Yes. If you return from your trip earlier than planned, you will receive a partial refund on your travel insurance premium. However, the refund will be made only if you have not made any claims and there are more than 30 days left for the expiry of the policy.
Q. What are the modes of premium payment at ICICI Lombard?
Ans: ICICI Lombard offers five modes of paying your travel insurance policy premium. It includes –
- Credit Card
- Debit card
- Net Banking
- Cash card and
- Bill Pay
Q. What if I fail to produce the required documents at the time of claims?
Ans: If you are unable to produce certain necessary documents at the time of claim, ICICI Lombard will, unfortunately, deny the claim.
Q. Within how many days should an insurance claim be submitted?
Ans: An insurance claim with ICICI Lombard should be submitted within 30 days of the occurrence of the emergency event. In the case of reimbursements, you can register a claim within 30 days of getting discharged from the hospital.
Q. Would ICICI Lombard settle my claim when I am back in India?
Ans: Yes. ICICI Lombard can settle your insurance claims within once you have returned back to India, except in the case of a financial emergency.
Q. Do my parents need to have the ICICI Lombard policy papers with them while travelling?
Ans: Ideally, your parents should keep 1-2 copies of their ICICI Lombard travel insurance with them while travelling. However, if they lose their policy document or forget to carry it with them during the trip, they can take a printout at any place.
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Star Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance and Coronavirus: All You Need To Know About Covid-19
- What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
- Coronavirus Travel Advisory: All you Need to Know!
- Discover the Best of Australia With Visitor Insurance Australia
- Is Visitor Insurance Canada Missing On Your Travel Itinerary for Canada?
- Visitor Insurance USA
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Travel Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance Malaysia
- Travel Insurance UK
- Travel Insurance Australia
- Travel Insurance Sri Lanka
- Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance Singapore
- Travel Insurance Japan
- Travel Insurance UAE
- Travel Insurance Germany
- Travel Insurance Hong Kong
- Travel Insurance Dubai
- Travel Insurance Thailand