Religare Travel Insurance
Religare travel insurance has been intended to take into account the travel needs of the customers in all walks of life who are planning to travel either due to a professional commitment or a family holiday or for leisure purpose. Regardless of how prepared you might be, any unforeseen events, which lead to a fiscal cost, may ruin your travel plans.
Regardless of whether your flight is deferred or you face a medical emergency buying Religare travel insurance policy makes you avoid uneasiness and covers all travel-related perils. Do not travel to a destination with the baggage of worries rather return making happy memories. Complications do not come thumping or without prior notice, so it is imperative to secure yourself before you set foot another country. Secure yourself with Religare travel insurance.
Ensuring a hassle-free journey and instant processing let us have a quick rundown at the plan underneath:
Key Features of Religare Travel Insurance:
Religare Travel Insurance has the following key features:
All the travel insurance plans offered by Religare Travel Insurance cover the hospitalisation expenses.
Personal Accident Cover:
Some plans such as the Explore Canada Plan, the Explore Africa Plan, the Explore Asian Plan, and the Explore Gold Plan provide accidental death of USD 10, 000 and USD 15, 000 under the Explore Europe Plan.
Business Class Upgradation:
This plan offers an up-gradation to the business class under the travel policies provided by Religare Travel Insurance.
Accidental Death by a Common Carrier:
Some plans such as the Explore Platinum Travel Insurance Plan covers the death caused due to the accidental death to common carrier.
Benefits of Religare Travel Insurance:
Below are Religare Travel Insurance benefits:
- Religare travel insurance covers the insured for emergency hospitalization expense including IPD and OPD expenses
- Double sum insured for accidental hospitalization
- Comprehensive travel insurance coverage for life-threatening pre-existing health conditions up to 10% of sum insured
- Loss of passport and checked-in baggage
- Business-class upgradation
- Emergency evacuation on medical grounds
- Personal liability cover
- Trip cancelation/delay/interruption
- Compassionate visa
Coverages of Religare Travel Insurance:
Religare travel insurance offers the following coverage:
Trip interruption and Trip Cancellation:
If you’re not able to take your flight or you cancel your planned trip due to some medical contingency, then the insurance provider covers you for the trip cancellation.
Loss of Passport:
In case you lose your passport during your trip to abroad, then all the expenses would be covered by the insurance provider to obtain the duplicate passport.
Medical Expenses Incurred:
If you’re on a trip and face any medical emergency, Religare Travel Insurance will cover you for emergency medical treatment and surgical emergency.
Repatriation of the Remains:
Religare travel plans offer coverage for the expenses incurred to take the mortals or human remains of the policyholder back to his/her home country.
If you require any medical help or assistance during an act of terrorist activity, the travel insurance by Religare will get you covered for the same.
Personal Liability Cover:
If you’re liable for any damage or bodily injury to anyone because of an accident or cause damage to anyone’s property, Religare travel insurance policies take care of the expenses incurred.
Religare Travel Insurance Plans - Types:
Religare travel insurance has different types of travel insurance plans. They are:
Religare Explore Travel Insurance Plan:
Explore Travel Insurance Plan by Religare travel insurance is an extensive insurance scheme with travel and medical inconvenience benefits. The Religare General Insurance presents a comprehensive travel insurance, which takes care of all the worries of unforeseen troubles on your dream vacation. This plan offers cover against Trip Delay or Trip Cancellation, Daily Allowance (in case of hospitalisation), and Medical Evacuation.
Religare Explore Travel Insurance offers:
- Explore - Africa Travel Insurance Plan
- Explore - Asia Travel Insurance Plan
- Explore - Europe Travel Insurance Plan
- Explore - Worldwide Excluding Canada and USA Travel Insurance Plan
- Explore - Worldwide Travel Insurance Plan
Salient Features of Religare Explore Travel Insurance Plan:
- No upper age limit. No limit per disease
- Area specific plans, therefore high features and low cost
- Travel insurance approved by Schengen
- Cashless claim settlement
- The sum assured doubles automatically in case of the hospitalisation because of an accident without extra cost.
- Up gradation of the business class
Key Benefits of Religare Explore Travel Insurance Plan:
- Inpatient Care
- Hospitalisation expenses
- Additional SI for the Accidental Hospitalisation
- Life-threatening Condition for the PED
- Daily Allowance
- Loss of Passport
- Compassionate Visit
- Outpatient Care
- Return of the Minor Child
- Delay of the checked-in luggage
- Personal Liability
- Common Carrier Accidental Demise
- Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation
Exclusions of Religare Travel Insurance Plan:
The following are not included in Religare Travel Insurance Plan:
- Any claim to the hazardous activities.
- Nuclear and war perils or its consequences thereof.
- Losses caused due to drug or alcohol abuse or use or misuse.
- Attempted suicide, suicide or any intentional self-injury.
- Contamination or ionizing radiation due to nuclear war.
- The policyholder being involved in the Breach of Law
Religare Student Explore Travel Insurance Plan:
Religare Student Explore Travel Insurance policies are designed for the students going for studies abroad. This plan is an International insurance for the students, from Religare Travel Insurance presents you a world of modern age services and benefits. Religare travel insurance for students covers sponsor protection, travel inconvenience benefits, and personal accident.
Religare Student Explore Travel Insurance Plan offers:
- Explore - Plus
- Explore - Start
- Explore - Ultra
- Explore - Super
Religare Student Travel Insurance Benefits:
- Inpatient Care
- Medical Expenses
- Pre-existing Disease Cover in the Life-threatening Medical Condition
- Outpatient Care
- Extended Cover the Residence Country
- Repatriation of the Mortal or human remains
- Loss of the International Driving License
- Medical Evacuation
- Emergency Cash Advance
- Permanent Partial Disablement, Accidental Death, Permanent Total Disablement
- Treatment for Nervous and Mental Disorders
- Mammographic Examination and Cancer Screening
- Treatment for Drug Dependency and Alcoholism
- AIDS/HIV Cover
- Vision Care
- Self-inflicted injury
- Adventure Sports Injury
- Complete pre-existing disease cover in the life-threatening medical condition
- New Born and Maternity Cover
Religare Student Explore Travel Insurance Plan Exclusions:
- Nuclear perils war or the consequences thereof.
- Attempted suicide, suicide or any intentional self-injury
- Contamination or ionising radiation caused due to same.
- Expenses arising out of drug or alcohol abuse or misuse or use.
- The policyholder being involved in the Breach of Law.
- Any claims related to the hazardous activities.
Religare Travel Insurance Plans Deductibles:
Deductibles under the Religare Explore Travel Insurance Policies:
EUR 75/ USD 100
EUR 75/ USD 100
Pre-existing diseases for the life-threatening condition
EUR 75/ USD 100
Add-on SI for the hospitalisation because of an accident
EUR 75/ USD 100
EUR 75/ USD 100
EUR 75/ USD 100
Deductibles under the Religare Student Explore Travel Insurance Plan:
Loss of the international driving license
Repatriation of the mortal remains
Religare Travel Insurance Claim Process:
In case of registering a Claim, you must notify the insurance provider immediately on any of the touch-points mentioned below for a hassle-free process and speedy settlement.
- Canada and USA: 18443013146/18443013135 (Toll free)
- Falck Global Assistance - 24 hours assistance centre
- Other Countries: +91-124-4498760 (this is call-back facility)
- Email ID: travelassistance[@]religare[.]com
- Fax: +91-124-4006674
In the event of reimbursement of the treatment expenses, you can reach the insurance provider:
Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd. GYS Global, Plot No. A5, A4, A3, Sector 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh (UP) - 201301
India: Toll free number for India only - 1800 200 4488
Fax (RHICL): 1800 200 6677
Religare Travel Insurance - FAQs
Q. Why should I buy the Explore Insurance plan?
Ans: The Explore travel insurance plans by Religare protect the insured travellers against any adversities faced during their trip. Some of the benefits of applying for Religare Explore travel insurance plans are:
- Covers medical expenses, personal liability, loss of passport
- Provides airline insurance including, trip interruption and trip cancellation cover
- Customised plans as per travel destination for different types of travellers
- Medical emergency assistance
Q. What is the minimum period of a trip to be insured?
Ans: Religare Travel Insurance plans can be purchased for a minimum trip duration of 1 to 4 days.
Q. Can I buy international travel insurance from Religare Travel Insurance for my parents above 70 years of age?
Ans: Yes. You can buy a single trip international travel insurance for your elderly parents above the age of 70 years. Although you won’t be able to buy a multi-trip travel plan by Religare as it comes with an upper age limit of 70 years for senior citizens.
Q. Can I avail cashless facility for hospitalisation under Explore plan?
Ans: Yes. Religare Travel Insurance offers cashless hospitalisation facility under its Explore plans.
Q. Do I have to go for medical test to buy international travel insurance by Religare?
Ans: No. Religare Travel Insurance does not require the traveller to undergo a medical test before buying its international travel insurance plan. The company follows a ‘no pre-policy medical check’ rule no matter what the age of the traveller may be.
Q. Does Religare Travel Insurance provide financial assistance for the Explore plan?
Ans: Yes. Religare offers 24x7 financial assistance to the insured traveller in case of an emergency during the trip.
Q. Is international travel insurance mandatory for Schengen visa?
Ans: Yes. It is mandatory to purchase an overseas travel insurance policy with a minimum cover of EUR 30,000 in order to obtain a Schengen visa.
Q. For many days can I extend my overseas travel insurance by Religare?
Religare allows the insured traveller to extend his overseas travel insurance policy for up to a maximum of 180 days. However, the request for policy extension should be made at least 10 days before the expiry of the policy.
Q. Does Religare travel insurance cover the loss of credit cards/ cash?
Ans: Religare covers any loss of personal belongings of the insured traveller due to robbery or theft under its international travel insurance plans. Since credit cards and cash fall under personal belongings, its theft will be covered under the policy, provided you have proof of the cash and credit cards that you were carrying.
Q. Are pre-existing diseases covered by Religare Travel Insurance?
Ans: Yes. Religare Travel Insurance covers any pre-existing diseases of the insured under life-threatening situations. However, such diseases should be declared at the time of buying the policy.
Q. Who can buy Religare Travel Insurance plans?
Ans: Any Indian citizen between the ages of 1 day and 70 years can buy a multi-trip travel insurance plan by Religare. There is no upper entry age limit for the travellers under single trip travel insurance plans.
Q. Which Religare travel insurance plans are available to frequent travellers?
Ans: Religare Travel Insurance offers Annual Multi-Triip Policy for frequent flyers. The traveller has the option to choose between –
- Annual Multi-Trip Policy with a maximum per trip duration of 45 days
- Annual Multi-Trip Policy with a minimum per trip duration of 60 days
Q. In case I get hospitalized, will my Religare travel insurance policy cover the transportation cost of my minor child/ children back to the home country?
Ans: Yes. In case the insured gets hospitalized abroad, Religare will cover the cost of transporting his/ her minor child/ children back to the home country.
Q. Can I cancel my travel insurance policy by Religare?
Ans: Yes. You can cancel your Religare travel insurance policy and get a refund of the paid premium if:
- Your visa is denied
- You have cancelled the trip
- You return back home earlier than scheduled
A full refund will be granted only if the policy cancellation request is made within 7 days of the start of policy period in case of visa denial. A cancellation charge of INR 300 will be charged if the policy is cancelled before trip commencement due to any other reason. Moreover, no refund shall be made if a claim has been made under the policy.
Q. What if I forget to carry my Religare travel insurance policy during the trip?
Ans: You should make sure to carry your travel insurance policy with you during the trip. But in case you forget to carry it with you, you must remember your policy number and the customer ID to be able to make a claim.
Q. How do I claim Religare travel insurance?
Ans: You can make a claim under Religare travel insurance by following the steps given below:
- Intimate Religare about the claim/ emergency as soon as possible
- Visit the official website of Religare Travel Insurance
- Go to the claims section
- Enter your policy number
- Fill up the claim form
- Upload the required supporting documents
- Submit the application
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Star Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- 8 Tips You Need to Know Before Buying a Travel Insurance for the UK
- 7 Things To Know Before Claiming International Travel Insurance
- When Is It Ideal to Buy Annual Travel Insurance?
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
- How Does Travel Insurance Helps During Trip Delay & Cancellation?
- 10 Useful Benefits of Senior Citizen Travel Insurance Plans
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Travel Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance Malaysia
- Travel Insurance UK
- Travel Insurance Australia
- Travel Insurance Sri Lanka
- Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance Singapore
- Travel Insurance Japan
- Travel Insurance UAE
- Travel Insurance Germany
- Travel Insurance Hong Kong
- Travel Insurance Dubai
- Travel Insurance Thailand