HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance is one of the most popular travel insurance providers in India. It is owned by HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd., which was formed after HDFC Ltd. joined hands with Munich Re Group’s ERGO International AG. The company is offering stellar services in the insurance sector which are throughout the globe. It offers a large variety of travel insurance plans that are designed to accommodate the needs of different travelers including individuals, families, students and frequent flyers.
HDFC ERGO Travel insurance provides the insured traveler with covers including medical treatment expenses, accidental death & permanent total disability, delay or loss of check-in baggage, daily hospital cash allowance, financial emergency assistance and personal liability amongst others. Moreover, it also protects the insured from any adversities like loss of baggage & personal documents, loss of passport, flight delays and study interruption.
Why Choose HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance?
Traveling around the world can be enriching as well as fun. A lot of thought and money goes behind planning an international trip and you wouldn’t want it to get hampered by an untoward incident. By buying the best travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO, the insured can get himself covered against an adverse situation and look forward to enjoying every moment of your international trip. Here’s why buying a policy from HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance is a wonderful idea:
- The insurer provides cashless facility at over 8 lakh network hospitals across the world
- 24x7 customer care available along with a dedicated team to handle all HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance claims
- HDFC ERGO allows paying on a per-day basis for the exact number of days the insured is traveling abroad
- No medical health check-ups for applicants of student travel insurance plan
- Minimum documentation required to buy a travel insurance policy from HDFC ERGO
- Multi-trip policy is available for frequent flyers and is issued for a maximum trip duration of 45 days
- Sum insured amount up to USD 5,00,000
- HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance gives an option to select sum insured amount in individual or family floater basis
Types of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
Individual Travel Insurance
The HDFC ERGO Individual Travel Insurance guarantees your safety from any unforeseen emergency expenses that you may face while travelling abroad. This travel policy will provide you medical support as well as assist you in case you lose your baggage along with other coverage or benefits including personal liability, loss of personal documents, financial emergency assistance and delay in check-in baggage arrival.
This plan by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance has four variants i.e. Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium with the sum insured ranging from USD 50,000 to 5,00,000. You can also customize your policy as per the country you are traveling to like Asia, Schengen countries, worldwide and worldwide excluding USA & Canada.
Family Travel Insurance
This plan by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance protects all the members of a family when traveling abroad together. It covers the insured family from any untoward incident including emergency medical expenses, daily hospital cash allowance, accidental death & permanent disability, personal liability and delay & loss of check-in baggage. This family travel insurance plan offers sum insured on family floater basis in the range of USD 50,000 to 5,00,000.
This plan by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance can also be customized according to the destination country like the Schengen countries, Asia, worldwide and worldwide excluding USA & Canada. With Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium plan variants, you can select a plan that best suits your family’s requirements.
Student Travel Insurance
Studying abroad has now become safer with the HDFC ERGO’s International Student Suraksha plan. This plan has been tailor-made for Indians travelling abroad for studies as it will protect them from any unexpected emergencies that might interrupt their education. Apart from basic coverage like medical expenses, delay or loss of check-in baggage and personal liability, this plan by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance also covers passport loss, bail bond, compassionate visit, sponsor protection and study interruption.
With a sum insured amount ranging from USD 50,000 to 5,00,000, this plan by HDRFC ERGO Travel insurance has four variants i.e. Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. It also allows you to opt for the worldwide coverage or worldwide coverage excluding USA & Canada. Moreover, this plan also offers additional coverage through the Plus Plan that includes pregnancy, childcare, mammography examinations and cancer screenings among others.
Frequent Flyers Insurance
This plan by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance is custom-made for people that frequently travel abroad. It provides the protection of an individual plan with an extended trip validity of a year, eliminating the need to buy a new policy for each trip. It provides covers including medical treatment expenses, daily hospital cash allowance, loss of baggage & personal documents, financial emergency assistance, personal liability and delay & loss of check-in baggage. This plan by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance has Gold and Platinum variants with sum insured amount of USD 2,50,000 and 5,00,000.
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for different plans by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance are as follows:
|Travel Insurance Plans||Minimum Entry Age||Policy Validity|
|Individual Travel Insurance||6 months to 70 years||Up to 180 days|
|Family Travel Insurance||3 months to 70 yearsIncludes insured, spouse and up to 2 dependent children||Up to 180 days|
|Student Travel Insurance||16 years to 35 years||30 days to 2 years|
|Frequent Flyers Insurance||18 years to 70 years||1 year with a maximum of 45 days per trip|
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Coverage
An insured traveler can enjoy the following coverage by buying a travel insurance policy from HDFC ERGO:
Emergency Medical Expenses
It covers the insured for any hospitalization and treatment expenses arising out of an illness or an accidental injury. It includes expenses incurred on in-patient, out-patient, diagnostic tests, therapies as well as emergency evacuation and repatriation of mortal remains to India
Emergency Dental Treatment
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance covers the cost of a dental treatment following an accident or for acute pain relief
Accidental Death & Permanent Disablement (Common Carrier)
HDFC ERGO will pay compensation to the insured or his family if an accident abroad leads to the death or permanent total disability of the insured while traveling in common carriers like flight, train or a bus
Daily Hospital Cash
The insurer will give allowances to the insured on a daily basis if he is hospitalized in lieu of an illness or accidental injury
The insurer will pay compensation to the insured if his flight is delayed by more than 6 hours
Delay or Loss of Check-In Baggage
HDFC ERGO compensates the insured if the airline loses his check-in baggage. It will also reimburse the cost of purchasing essential items including clothes and toiletries in case the arrival of check-in baggage is delayed by the airline
Loss of Passport
In case the insured has lost his passport, HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance will cover all the expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or new passport
The insurer will pay for the damages or injuries caused by the insured to a third party person or property
Financial Emergency Assistance
If the insured loses a major chunk of his money due to an incident of robbery, mugging or theft, HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance will provide financial assistance through its service provider
HDFC ERGO will cover the travel cost of one of the insured student’s immediate family members to the country where he is studying if he is hospitalized for more than 7 days
In case an illness or accidental injury results in the insured missing his flight, the HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance will provide hotel accommodation until the insured is fit to travel
The insurer will reimburse the tuition fee paid to the university in advance in case the insured student is unable to attend classes due to hospitalization or an emergency trip back to India
If the insured student is detained or arrested under a bailable offense, HDFC ERGO will pay for your bail
Additional Coverage by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance:
- Plus Plan – This plan by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance is an extension of the student travel insurance plan. It covers the insured student for any hospitalization expenses incurred due to pregnancy & childcare, cancer screenings, mammography examinations along with mental & nervous disorder treatments including dependency on alcohol and drugs
|Covers||Individual Travel Insurance||Family Travel Insurance||Student Travel Insurance||Frequent Flyers Insurance|
|Sum Insured Options (USD)||
|Emergency Medical Expenses||Up to 5,00,000||Up to 5,00,000||Up to 5,00,000||Up to 5,00,000|
|Emergency Dental Expenses||Up to 500||200||500||500|
|Daily Hospital Cash Allowance||15 per day for up to 150||15 per day for up to 150||-||15 per day for up to 150|
|Accidental Death||Up to 25,000||10,000||Up to 25,000||25,000|
|Permanent Disablement||Up to 25,000||10,000||Up to 25,000||25,000|
|Accidental Death (Common Carrier)||Up to 5,000||-||5,000|
|Permanent Disablement (Common Carrier)||Up to 5,000||-||5,000|
|Loss of Baggage & Personal Documents||250||200||-||250|
|Loss of Check-in Baggage||1,000||400||Up to 2,000||1,000|
|Delay of Check-in Baggage Arrival||Up to 200||100||Up to 200||200|
|Hijack Distress Allowance||75 per day for up to 525||75 per day for up to 525||-||75 per day for up to 525|
|Flight Delay||10 per hour for up to 120||-||-||10 per hour for up to 120|
|Personal Liability||Up to 2,00,000||10,000||1,00,000||2,00,000|
|Financial Emergency Assistance||Up to 1,500||-||-||1,500|
|Loss of Passport||-||-||250||-|
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance: List of Exclusions
- Breach of Law: The insurer will not cover any illness or injury caused due to war or for breaking the law
- Consumption of Intoxicants: HDFC ERGO will not cover any injury or illness caused due to the use of intoxicants or banned substances
- Pre-existing Diseases: Any medical treatment for a pre-existing illness will not be covered by the insurer
- Cosmetic and Obesity Treatment: The insurer will not cover the expenses incurred on cosmetic surgery and treatment for obesity
- Self-Inflicted Injury: Hospitalization expenses due to attempt to suicide will not be covered by the insurer
- Adventure Sports: HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance will not pay for the treatment expenses incurred due to an injury caused while participating in adventure sports
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Claim
Any untoward incident can shake your international travel plans at any point unless you have travel insurance. Buying a travel insurance policy can bear fruit only if you make a timely claim in case of an emergency abroad. HDFC ERGO allows the insured travelers to make both cashless claims and claims for reimbursement. Take a look at the claim procedure for HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance:
Cashless Claims Registration
- In case of a medical emergency, get admitted to a listed network hospital of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- Inform the insurer about the hospitalization by calling on the toll-free number
- The HDFC ERGO Claim Service Representative will validate your treatment at the hospital
- Receive the treatment and get discharged
- The Claim Service Representative of HDFC ERGO will settle the bills with the hospital
Under HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance, a reimbursement claim can be filed for emergencies including loss of check-in baggage, flight delay, loss passport, personal liability, accidental injury, study interruption and sponsor protection among others. Follow these steps to file a reimbursement claim:
- Inform HDFC ERGO about the emergency or the loss by calling on the toll-free number
- The Claim Service Representative of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance will send you the claim form via email, fax or post
- Fill up the claim form with all the required details
- Send the scanned copy of all the required documents along with filled-in claim form via mail or fax within 30 days of the loss
- HDFC ERGO Claim Service Representative will review the claim against your policy coverage
- Payment will be made directly to the insured’s bank account
Do's to Ensure Smooth Claim Process with HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- The insurer should provide his NEFT details in the claim form
- In case of claim amount of 1 lakh and above, KYC form should also be given along with one of the KYC documents. The KYC documents include Aadhaar card, voter ID, passport and driving license
Documents Required for Claiming HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- Duly completed claim form of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- Doctor’s consultation or Emergency room’s report
- Discharge summary along with the statement of treatment
- Photocopy of passport along with entry and exit stamp
- Original bills and payment receipts of any expenses incurred
- Photocopy of the canceled cheque
- Postmortem report, final police inspection report and death certificate (in case of accidental death)
- Photocopy of FIR in case of any police complaint reporting a loss/ accident
- Photocopy of the new passport (in case of loss of passport)
- Original property Irregularity Report (in case of delay or loss of baggage)
The insured should confirm the list of required documents with Claim Service Representative of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance while filing a claim
How to Apply for HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance?
HDFC ERGO allows an applicant to buy travel insurance policy online in a convenient and hassle-free manner. Here’s what you have to do to apply for a travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO:
- Visit the official website of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- Browse through the various types of plans and select the plan you wish to buy
- Enter your age, plan type and travel details consisting of destination countries and your travel dates
- Check the quote and fill up the proposal form
- Review the premium amount, details and the name of the nominee
- Select a suitable payment mode and pay the premium. The premium can be paid online via debit card, credit card or net banking
- Download a copy of your travel insurance policy
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Renewal
Travel insurance policies by HDFC ERGO come with a renewal option. While the individual and family travel insurance plans can be renewed for a period of 180 days, the frequent flyer insurance plan can be renewed annually.
- Visit the official website of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- Click on the renew option and select travel insurance category
- Enter your policy number, mobile number or email id
- Pay the HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance premium
- Download the copy of your renewed travel insurance policy
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance FAQs
Q.1 Who are HDFC ERGO’s travel assistance partners?
Ans: Allianz Worldwide is the travel assistance partner for HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance.
Q.2 Do I need to undergo a medical check-up to buy a travel insurance policy from HDFC ERGO?
Ans: No. You don’t need to get a health check-up done in order to apply for a travel insurance policy by HDFC ERGO. You only have to declare the pre-existing diseases if you have any.
Q.3 What is the maximum per trip duration under the Frequent Flyers Insurance?
Ans: A maximum of 30 to 45 days per trip is allowed under the Frequent Flyers Insurance by HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance.
Q.4 Can I buy a travel insurance policy from HDFC ERGO after reaching my destination country abroad?
Ans: No. You cannot buy a travel insurance policy from HDFC ERGO after commencing your international trip.
Q.5 How can I cancel my travel insurance policy by HDFC Ergo?
Ans: In order to cancel your travel insurance policy, you can either visit the official website of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance or can send an email mentioning your policy number. Once all the documentation is complete, HDFC ERGO will cancel your travel insurance policy and will send you intimation.
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Star Health Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- Why Should You Buy Baggage Insurance for Your Next Trip?
- These 9 Important Things That Every Frequent Overseas Traveller Should Have
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
- How Important is to Buy Travel Insurance when Travelling to the US?
- 10 Factors to Consider While Selecting your Thailand Travel Insurance
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- USA Travel Insurance
- Malaysia Travel Insurance
- UK Travel Insurance
- Australia Travel Insurance
- Sri Lanka Travel Insurance
- Canada Travel Insurance
- Singapore Travel Insurance
- Japan Travel Insurance
- UAE Travel Insurance
- Germany Travel Insurance
- Hong Kong Travel Insurance
- Dubai Travel Insurance
- Thailand Travel Insurance
HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance Reviews
Travel with safety
After long web search, finally got travel insurance policy which is very impressive and the rewards are the best part. Service is very fast which is facilitated by the executives and the staff members. The loss is reimbursed by the insurance company.
My insurance policy is not a normal one, it provides maximum coverage benefits in very less investments. Claims are easy to get because the executives work 24X7 for customers. Nice travel insurance by hdfc ergo general insurance. Online updates are very easy to get and anyone can access it easily.
Got the travel insurance at cheap rates from hdfc ergo general insurance. The service is fast and very responsive staff members of the company. If luggage is lost or any belongings then the whole amount is reimbursed by the insurance company.
HDFC travel insurance
Recently buy hdfc ergo travel insurance plan in low premiums. Service is fast and the reimbursement of the lost baggage is given by the company. Policy coverage is good and claims are easily sanctioned. Just the cancellation amount of the ticket is not possible.
Just completed my tour, thank god i purchased travel insurance policy from hdfc ergo insurance. The premium is less and the refunds are more. I lost my bag while travelling, the company reimbursed my whole lost. Great service.
I buy travel insurance plan which has less investment benefit and even its premiums are also low. Service facilitate by hdfc ergo insurance company is fantastic and on time. Policy covers maximum expenditures and reimbursed the lost.
My last trip was so amazing and so relaxing but there i lost my luggage, thank god i have travel insurance plan which reimbursed my lost in very short period of time. Policy coverage is high and claims are good. The investment is low and returns are high.
The travel insurance plan of mine is great which has many benefits like the luggage lost is reimbursed by the company and the premium is low. Policy coverage is high and claims are better. Service provided by the executives of the company is nice. The refund money of returning ticket is not possible.
Best service provided by hdfc ergo general insurance. The product I purchase is travel insurance plan which has low premium and the paybacks are high. Policy coverage is high ~91% and the claims are easily sanctioned due to fast service facilitate by the executives. Accidental death benefits are there for policyholder.
I purchase travel insurance plan from hdfc ergo general insurance. The premium is low and policy coverage is high. Service is very fast which is facilitate by the staff members and executives of the company. Baggage is secure and belongings too. Medical emergency is inbuilt in the policy.
Policy coverage is high ~90% and claims are even better. Premium is low and returns are high. The hdfc ergo travel insurance plan is good policy. It provide medical assurance and luggage loss is reimbursed by the company. Good investment which easy to by due to internet facility which can be access easily.
The trip of mine is very great and hassle free all because of hdfc ergo travel insurance plan. The policy contains many benefits like medical emergency, luggage lost is reimburse. Accidental death benefits and many more. Claiming is easy due to fast and on time service facilitate by executives and staff members.
HDFC ERGO travel insurance plan I have which has many benefits like the luggage loss is reimburse and medical conditions are covered in the policy. Service is fast and on time. Policy premium is low and the policy coverage is high as claims are, claiming is easy due to service provided by executives and staff is very quick.
My hdfc ergo travel insurance plan has low premium and the returns are high. The policy coverage is high ~89% and the claims are even better. Claiming is easy due to fast service. Baggage loss is recoverable by the policy and medical emergency is also there. Good and easy investment, hassle free documentation. Updates are mailed to my email address.
I have hdfc ergo travel insurance plan. The premium is less and policy coverage is high. The service facilitate by the executives and staff of the company is fast and on time. Hassle free documentation. Internet service is easy to access. The luggage lost is recoverable and medical emergency is inbuilt in the policy.
I purchase hdfc ergo travel insurance plan but the policy is not as I expected. The dental medical problems is not covered. Even the refunds amount of the tickets is not possible according to policy terms and conditions. Premium is low and claims are good. Not satisfactory for me.
The policy I purchase is hdfc ergo travel insurance plan. The premium is low and the policy coverage is high. The policy provide reimbursement to lost belongings and luggage. Claims are high and easily sanctioned due to fast service facilitate by the executives and staff. Good investment and hassle free documentation.
I have hdfc ergo travel insurance plan is great policy. It facilitate fast and on time service in which the luggage lost is reimbursable, the medical emergency is inbuilt already. Claims are high and easily sanctioned due to fast service facilitate by executives and staff members. Good investment, I like the policy.
Coverage Is Good
I have hdfc ergo travel insurance plan which is good and its benefits are many like low premiums and payback returns are high. Luggage lost is reimburse according to plan but the refund of tickets amount is not possible as per terms and conditions. Service facilitate by the executives and staff is fast and on time.
Recently while on travelling I lost my luggage and belongings but thanks to hdfc ergo travel insurance plan which reimburse my loss. Premium of it is very less but the returns are high no doubt in that. Claims are good and hassle free to sanctioning it. Fantastic policy, I like it.
My friend told me to purchase a travel insurance while on a trip, So I took his advice and buy a hdfc ergo travel insurance plan. The premium of the policy is low but the returns are high like luggage lost is recoverable. Claims are good and easily sanctioned due to fast service facilitate by the company members.
Perfect policy with good benefits i.e., HDFC ERGO travel insurance plan. Premium is low and payback returns are high. Claims are easily sanctioned due to fast service facilitate by the executives and staff members. Baggage lost is reimburse by the company but the return amount of the tickets is not possible.
After long search I finally got the travel insurance of my choice which facilitate me most of the great things. Thanks, hdfc ergo travel insurance plan for this hassle free travelling. Premium is low and the claims are high. Policy coverage is fantastic, even the luggage lost is reimbursable. Good investment.
I purchase hdfc ergo travel insurance plan which facilitate me the best services. The baggage lost is reimbursable, the documentation is hassle free and the online service is fantastic. Premium is low and policy coverage is high. The updates mailed to email address of mine regularly.
Good policy coverage with easy claims due to fast service facilitate by the executives and staff members of the company. Good number of benefits like luggage loss is reimburse but the return of tickets amount is not possible. Premium is low and hassle free documentation. Good plan, good work.