Reliance Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance is one of the leading travel insurance providers in the country. Being a subsidiary of Reliance General Insurance, the company enjoys a high level of popularity and customer loyalty. It provides extensive travel insurance coverage that guards an international traveler against any unforeseen incident and keeps him prepared for an emergency. Loss of passport cover, loss of check-in baggage cover, personal liability, etc are some of the coverage provided under travel insurance policies by Reliance General Insurance.
Reliance Travel Insurance offers an insured traveler with plans that are specific to a country or geographical location. It makes sure that its travel insurance policies cater to the needs of different kinds of international travelers including families, students, senior citizens as well as business travelers.
Why Choose Reliance Travel Insurance?
Going for an international trip can be enthralling and memorable. But even a perfectly-planned trip can fall flat if an unaccounted emergency occurs during your journey. With Reliance Travel Insurance, all your travel worries can be handled by your insurer while you can make the most of every moment of your trip abroad. Take a look at why you should buy the best travel insurance plan from Reliance Travel Insurance:
- The insurer provides cashless hospitalization services across the world
- 24 hours emergency assistance services available
- No medical check-up required for applicants of Reliance Travel Insurance Travel insurance policies for senior citizens up to 90 years of age
- Customized travel insurance plans that are specific to the destination country like Schengen and Asia travel plan
- Reliance Travel Insurance covers pre-existing diseases for senior citizens up to 70 years of age
- Free international sim card provided to the insured
- Zero paperwork required to buy travel insurance policies by Reliance General Insurance
Types of Reliance Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance offers a variety of insurance policies to suit the needs of different kinds of travelers. Take a look at the various travel insurance plans offered by Reliance General Insurance:
The Overseas Travel insurance plan by Reliance General Insurance is a comprehensive plan that provides end-to-end coverage to its policyholders. It provides complete protection to the insured traveler irrespective of whether he is traveling alone or with his family. From medical covers including medical treatment expenses, dental treatment and personal accident to journey-related covers like trip delay, loss of check-in baggage and trip cancellation & curtailment, this Reliance Travel Insurance plan covers the insured traveler against various risks. Moreover, it also protects the house contents of the insured back in India with the home burglary insurance cover.
This policy by Reliance Travel Insurance also allows the applicants to customize their plan according to the destination country. With Standard, Silver, Gold & Platinum variants for individuals and Standard & Gold variants for families, the insured can opt for the most suitable plan.
This Reliance Travel Insurance plan has been designed for people traveling to any of the 26 European countries that accept Schengen visa. It not only fulfills the mandatory requirement of having a travel insurance policy while traveling to Europe but also provides adequate protection from any unwarranted emergency. This includes a medical cover of up to Euro 50,000, personal accident cover, loss of passport, delay in check-in baggage arrival, compassionate visit for one family member, personal liability and many more. The Schengen travel plan by Reliance Travel Insurance comes in Basic and Standard plan variants.
The Asia Travel plan by Reliance Insurance has been devised for Indians traveling to a country within the Asian continent. It provides the insured traveler with a safety net that protects them from an unforeseen incident that may result in a financial emergency. Risks like loss of passport, medical treatment expenses, financial emergency assistance, trip delay, hijack cover and accidental death & disability in a common carrier is covered under this plan amongst others. This plan by Reliance Travel Insurance can be customized according to a specific Asian country like Singapore and Thailand and is available in Standard and Silver variants.
Annual Multi Trip
This plan by Reliance Travel Insurance is tailor-made for people who need to travel frequently including business travelers. The plan eliminates the need to buy a new travel insurance policy before every trip and instead provides year-round protection for multiple trips through a single policy. It offers a sum insured amount of up to $ 5,00,000. People with the Annual Multi Trip plan by Reliance Travel Insurance are protected against a host of emergencies like medical treatment expenses, daily hospital cash, missed connecting flights, delay or loss of check-in baggage, home burglary, and personal liability amongst others. With Standard, Plus and Elite plan variants, the insured can opt for a plan that best suits his needs.
Senior Citizen Travel
This Reliance Travel Insurance plan has been custom-made for travelers within the age group of 60 to 90 years. It aims to make traveling abroad easier and hassle-free for senior citizens. Besides providing extensive medical coverage to the older people during their international trip, the plan also offers other covers including loss of passport, daily hospital allowance, financial emergency assistance, trip delay, hijack distress allowance, loss of check-in baggage and home burglary insurance. While there are Standard, Silver, Gold and Platinum variants under the 61-70 age group category, there is only a Standard plan available for people between 71 to 90 years of age.
The Student Travel insurance plan by Reliance General Insurance has been created to protect Indians traveling abroad for higher education. It casts a safety shield that guards the Indian student against any adversities that he may face during his stay abroad. The plan provides a vast variety of coverage including medical cover, loss of passport, two-way compassionate visit, study interruption, personal liability, bail bond, personal accident and sponsor protection. This plan by Reliance Travel Insurance is available in five variants i.e. Basic, Standard, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Reliance Travel Insurance: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for different types of plans by Reliance General Travel Insurance are given below:
|Travel Insurance Plans||Minimum Entry Age||Policy Validity|
|Overseas Travel||6 months to 60 years||Up to 182 days|
|Schengen Travel||3 months to 90 years||Up to 180 days|
|Asia Travel||3 months to 60 years||Up to 30 days|
|Annual Multi Trip||18 years to 90 years||Up to 365 days|
|Senior Citizen Travel||61 years to 90 years||Up to 180 days|
|Student Travel||16 years to 35 years||Up to 2 years|
Reliance Travel Insurance Coverage
An insured traveler can enjoy the following coverage by buying a travel insurance policy from Reliance General:
- Medical Expenses: The insurer will cover hospitalization expenses incurred for treatment of an illness or accident. It also includes the cost of emergency ambulance services, evacuation to a hospital as well as repatriation of mortal remains back to India
- Dental Treatment:It covers the cost of dental treatment required for acute pain relief
- Accidental Death & Disability (Common Carrier): Reliance General Travel Insurance will pay compensation if the insured dies or suffers permanent disability in an accident while traveling in common carriers like bus, train, etc.
- Loss of Passport: The insurer will indemnify the cost of obtaining a duplicate or new passport in case the insured loses his original passport
- Total Loss of Check-in Baggage: In case of the airline with which the insured was traveling misplaces or loses his check-in baggage, the airline will compensate for the loss
- Delay in Check-in Baggage Arrival: If the check-in baggage of the insured is delayed by the airline for more than 12 hours, the insurer will reimburse the cost of buying essential personal items including toiletries, clothes and medicines
- Trip Delay: The insurer will pay compensation if the flight of the insured gets delayed for more than 12 hours
- Personal Liability: Reliance General Insurance will pay for any legal liability of the insured if an injury or damage is caused to a third party property or person
- Compassionate Visit: If the insured gets hospitalized abroad for more than 7 days, the insurer will reimburse the return airfare for one of the immediate family members of the insured
- Home Burglary Insurance: In the event of a burglary at the insured’s house while he is traveling abroad, Reliance General Travel Insurance will compensate for the loss of the stolen items
- Financial Emergency Assistance: In case the insured traveler gets robbed or mugged of his money, Reliance General Travel Insurance will provide financial assistance to him
- Hijack Distress Allowance: The insurer will provide a distress allowance to the insured if the common carrier he was traveling in gets hijacked for more than 12 hours
- Personal Accident: Reliance General Insurance will pay compensation if an accident abroad leads to the death or permanent disability of the insured
- Bail Bond: In case the insured student gets arrested or detained by the police or judicial authorities under a bailable offense, Reliance General Insurance will arrange the bail amount on your behalf
- Study Interruption: If the insured student is unable to attend classes due to hospitalization, the insurer will reimburse the tuition fee for the current semester
- Sponsor Protection: The insurer will reimburse the advance tuition fees paid to the university, in case the insured’s sponsor dies in an accident
|Coverage (In USD)||Overseas Travel||Schengen Travel (In Euro)||Asia Travel||Annual Multi Trip||Senior Citizen Travel||Student Travel|
|Individual||Family||61-70 years||71-90 years|
|Plan Variants||Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum||Standard, Gold||Basic, Standard||Standard, Silver||Standard, Plus, Elite||Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum||Standard||Basic, Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum|
|Medical Expenses Including Transportation and Evacuation||Up to 5,00,000||Up to 1,00,000||Up to 50,000||Up to 30,000||Up to 5,00,000||Up to 5,00,000||50,000||Up to 5,00,000 (except in Basic plan)|
|Repatriation of Mortal Remains||7,000|
|Dental Treatment Expenses||500||500||500||500||500||500||200||Up to 500 (except in Basic plan)|
|Personal Accident||Up to 30,000||Up to 25,000||15,000||7,500||Up to 30,000||Up to 30,000||15,000||25,000|
|Accidental Death & Disability (Common Carrier)||Up to 5,000||2,500||2,500 (except in Basic plan)||2,500||Up to 5,000||Up to 5,000||-||2,500 (except in Basic plan)|
|Loss of Passport||300||300||300(except in Basic plan)||100||300||300||150||Up to 200|
|Total Loss of Check-in Baggage||Up to 1,500||Up to 1,000||500(except in Basic plan)||200||Up to 1,500||Up to 1,500||500||1,000|
|Delay in Check-in Baggage Arrival||100||100||100(except in Basic plan)||100||Up to 125||100||-||-|
|Trip Delay||Up to 60 per day for a maximum of 6 days (except in Standard plan)||Up to 50 per day for a maximum of 7 days||-||Up to 30 per day for a maximum of 6 days||Included||Up to 60 per day for a maximum of 6 days (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Trip Cancellation & Interruption||600(except in Standard plan)||Up to 600||-||-||Up to 60 per day for a maximum of 6 days||600 (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Missed Connecting Flights||Up to 500(except in Standard plan)||300 (except in Standard plan)||-||-||Up to 1250||Up to 500(except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Compassionate Visit||Return fare of one person||Return fare of one person (except in Basic plan)||Return fare of one person (except in Basic plan)||-||Up to 500 (except in Standard plan)||Return fare of one person||-||7,500|
|Home Burglary Insurance||Up to INR 3,00,000 (except in Standard plan)||Up to INR 2,00,000||-||-||Up to INR 3,00,000 (except in Standard plan)||Up to INR 3,00,000 (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Financial Emergency Assistance||300 (except in Standard plan)||Up to 600||-||500||125 per day up to a maximum of 7 days||300 (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Daily Hospital Allowance||25 per day up to 7 days (except in Standard plan)||25 per day up to 7 days||-||-||25 per day up to 7 days||25 per day up to 7 days (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Hijack Distress Allowance||125 per day up to a maximum of 7 days (except in Standard plan)||75 per day up to a maximum of 7 days||-||60 per day up to a maximum of 7 days||500||125 per day up to a maximum of 7 days (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Personal Liability||Up to 2,50,000||1,00,000||50,000 (except in Basic plan)||10,000||Up to 2,50,000||Up to 2,50,000||15,000||Up to 1,50,000|
|Bail Bond||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Up to 5,000|
|Special Condition (liability limit):|
|Any One Illness||-||-||-||-||-||Up to 17,500||-||-|
|Any One Accident||-||-||-||-||-||Up to 35,000||-||-|
Reliance Travel Insurance: List of Exclusions
- Pre-existing diseases: The insurer will not cover any claims arising out of undisclosed pre-existing diseases
- Life-threatening conditions: It covers life-threatening conditions only for travelers up to 70 years of age if they are direct results of a disclosed pre-existing diseases
- Specific diseases: Reliance General Travel Insurance does not cover treatment expenses for any illness or injury caused due to suicide, mental disorder, depression, stress or anxiety, abuse of alcohol or drugs, venereal diseases and HIV AIDS
- Travel insurance policies by Reliance General Insurance does not cover any emergency expenses if the insured is traveling -
- Against doctor’s instructions
- To get medical treatment abroad
- Receiving or are on a waitlist to receive a specific medical treatment
- In spite of being terminally ill with a medical condition
- The insurer will not reimburse the expenses incurred on getting a new passport if the loss is not reported to the local police on time or if the passport was left unattended
- Reliance General Travel Insurance will not compensate for partial loss or damage of check-in baggage
- The insurer will not cover any expense if the destination country is on the verge of war or nuclear attack
- Any claims for financial assistance made after the insured’s return back to India will not be covered by the insurer
Reliance Travel Insurance Claim
The whole purpose of a buying travel insurance policy is to stay protected from any untoward incident that may occur during your trip. The only way to avail assistance at the hour of need is by making a timely insurance claim. Reliance General Travel Insurance has a very easy and convenient claim process for both cashless and reimbursement claims. Follow the following steps to register a travel insurance claim under Reliance General Insurance:
Cashless Claims Registration
- Get admitted to one of Reliance General Insurance’s network hospitals
- Inform the insurer within 24 hours of getting admitted
- The insurer will send a confirmation to the hospital for cashless treatment
- Get treated for the illness or injury and get discharged
- Reliance General Travel Insurance will settle the bills directly with the hospital
A reimbursement claim can be registered for a number of risks including passport loss, study interruption, flight delay and personal liability. Take a look at the claim procedure for a reimbursement claim under Reliance General Travel Insurance:
- Inform Reliance General Travel Insurance about your claim within 24 hours of the occurrence of the emergency
- Fill up the claim form carefully
- Submit all the documents to the claims department of Reliance General Travel Insurance along with the claim form
- The insurer will review the documents with the policy coverage
- The claims department will reach out to insured if any additional documents are required
- After reviewing all the documents, Reliance General Insurance will pay the claim amount to the insured
Documents Required for Claiming Reliance Travel Insurance
- Duly filled claim form of Reliance General Travel Insurance
- Original flight ticket or boarding pass
- Photocopy of passport and visa along with entry & exit stamp
- Original bills, vouchers and payment receipts
- Doctor’s consultation notes (in case of a medical claim)
- Original hospital admission and discharge card (in case of a medical claim)
- Original medical bills, payment receipts and investigative or diagnostic tests reports along with prescriptions (in case of a medical claim)
It is advised that the insured confirm the exact list of documents required to file a claim with the representatives of Reliance General Travel Insurance at the time of claim intimation.
How to Apply for Reliance Travel Insurance?
Reliance General Travel Insurance has a simple and hassle-free procedure to apply for a travel insurance plan. Since the company involves zero paperwork, take a look at how you can buy the best travel insurance policy online:
- Visit the official website of Reliance General Travel Insurance
- Browse through the various travel insurance plans and select the plan
- Select the desired plan and check the quote
- Fill up the proposal form and review the details entered
- Pay the premium amount online
- Download the travel insurance policy by Reliance General Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance FAQs
Q1. Who is the Third Party Administrator (TPA)/ Emergency Assistance Provider for Reliance General Travel Insurance?
Europ Assistance India Pvt. Ltd. is the emergency service provider/ third party administrator for the travel insurance policy claims by Reliance General Insurance.
Q2. Will Reliance General Travel Insurance issue more than one travel insurance policy for the same trip?
No. Each person will be issued only one travel insurance policy by Reliance General Insurance for his international trip.
Q3. Will I get my money back if I cancel my Reliance General Travel Insurance policy?
If the policy is canceled before you begin your international trip, you will be entitled to a full refund after subtracting the cancellation charges. Similarly, if you cancel your policy post your travel dates due to non-travel, you will be refunded the entire amount minus the cancellation charges, provided proof of non-travel is provided to Reliance General Travel Insurance. But if you cancel your policy after commencing your international trip or due to returning early back to India, the amount obtained by subtracting the utilized premium and cancellation charges will be refunded.
Q4. What are the various modes of premium payment?
Reliance General Travel Insurance offers five options to pay your premium amount including online payment, mobile payment, IVR online payment, depositing money at a Reliance branch office or by scheduling a free cheque pickup.
Q5. Can I register a Reliance General Travel Insurance claim after returning back to India?
Yes. You can register a claim under the Reliance General Travel Insurance within 30 days of getting back to India or the date of policy expiry, whichever is earlier.
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
- How Important is to Buy Travel Insurance when Travelling to the US?
- 10 Factors to Consider While Selecting your Thailand Travel Insurance
- Is Travel Insurance Really Important? Is It Necessary to Buy One?
- All You Need to Know About Corporate Travel Insurance
- World Tourism Day: Tips to Travel Safely to the Golden Triangle in India
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
Reliance Travel Insurance Reviews
'Coverage Is Good'
All I wanted to say that, my travel insurance policy is great. It provide me the all amount and reimbursed it quickly. Service is awesome no doubt in that. Just the return of the money of the cancellation of ticket is not possible. Rather than this, the policy is great.
Just got a good insurance
I have purchased a travel insurance through reliance general insurance. The policy is comes in less price and the facilities provided is awesome. Amount of lost luggage or belongings are reimbursed by the insurance company. The amount of the ticket is not refundable, except this all the things are very good.
Reliance Travel Plan
Reliance travel insurance policy of mine is fantastic with beneficial terms. First of all the service is superb and coverage is high. Policy premiums is less but the returns are good. Online updates are mailed and any information can be caught from website of the insurer.
Safe Investment Plan
Recently got a fine travel insurance policy in low premium. Policy coverage is high and it covers maximum expenditure. Claiming is easy because of fast service given by the executives and staff members. Updates are regularly mailed to me and online renewals is very easy through online portal, anybody can access it easily.
I have purchase travel insurance plan in low investments and it has less premiums too. The policy coverage is high and the claims are even better. The baggage is secure and in case of loss the company reimburse the amount. But the money of returning tickets is not possible.
Coverage Is High
My travel insurance is nice and the benefits are many. Policy premium is less and the claims are easily sanctioned due to fast service provided by the executives and staff members of the company. The tickets refund amount is not possible according to policy terms and conditions.
The reliance travel insurance is fantastic and the service awesome. Policy coverage is high and the claims are good. Service is fast and due to this the claiming become easy. The online service is simple to use and anyone can use it.
date of coverage of insuarence
covarage should be from 6th march 2016 to 18th june 2016
date of coverage of insuarence
date of coverage of policy