Reliance Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance provides comprehensive coverage to all the travelers up to 90 years of age. For travelers up to 70 years, it also covers pre-existing illnesses in case of life-threatening situations, if it is declared before the trip.
Remain stress-free from the medical and non-medical expenses covered by Reliance travel insurance. In case of any medical emergency, reliance travel medical insurance comes at your rescue and shields you against any fiscal cost. Reliance travel insurance provides two types of medical coverage. On one hand, the medical expenses incurred will be reimbursed to the traveller later on. On the other hand, in case the traveller has been hospitalized for than 24 hours the insurer will directly settle the bills with the hospital. It is to be noted that the deductible has to be bear by the traveller.
Buy the reliance travel insurance providing end-to-end coverage online and avail maximum benefits on your overseas travel. Ensure a hassle-free and smooth trip with Reliance Travel Insurance.
Why Choose Reliance Travel Insurance?
Going for an international trip can be enthralling and memorable. But even a perfectly-planned trip can fall flat if an unaccounted emergency occurs during your journey. With Reliance Travel Insurance, all your travel worries can be handled by your insurer while you can make the most of every moment of your trip abroad.
Features of Reliance Travel Insurance
If you are wondering how to choose the best travel insurance plan, take a look at some of the features of Reliance Travel Insurance:
- Coverage for up to 6 months and can be renewed for another 6 months
- No medical check-up for senior citizens up to the age of 90 years
- Covers declared pre-existing diseases under life-threatening diseases for up to 70 years of age
- Reliance Travel Insurance provides cashless hospitalization services across the world
- 24 hours emergency assistance services available
- Customized travel insurance plans that are specific to the destination country like Schengen and Asia travel plan
- Free international sim card provided to the insured
- Zero paperwork required to buy travel insurance policies by Reliance General Insurance
Types of Reliance Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance offers a variety of insurance policies to suit the needs of different kinds of travelers. Take a look at the various travel insurance plans offered by Reliance General Insurance:
The Overseas Travel insurance plan by Reliance General Insurance is a comprehensive plan that provides end-to-end coverage to its policyholders. It provides complete protection to the insured traveler irrespective of whether he is traveling alone or with his family. From medical covers including medical treatment expenses, dental treatment and personal accident to journey-related covers like trip delay, loss of check-in baggage and trip cancellation & curtailment, this Reliance Travel Insurance plan covers the insured traveler against various risks. Moreover, it also protects the house contents of the insured back in India with the home burglary insurance cover.
This policy by Reliance Travel Insurance also allows the applicants to customize their plan according to the destination country. With Standard, Silver, Gold & Platinum variants for individuals and Standard & Gold variants for families, the insured can opt for the most suitable plan.
This Reliance Travel Insurance plan has been designed for people traveling to any of the 26 European countries that accept Schengen visa. It not only fulfills the mandatory requirement of having a travel insurance policy while traveling to Europe but also provides adequate protection from any unwarranted emergency. This includes a medical cover of up to Euro 50,000, personal accident cover, loss of passport, delay in check-in baggage arrival, compassionate visit for one family member, personal liability and many more. The Schengen travel plan by Reliance Travel Insurance comes in Basic and Standard plan variants.
The Asia Travel plan by Reliance Insurance has been devised for Indians traveling to a country within the Asian continent. It provides the insured traveler with a safety net that protects them from an unforeseen incident that may result in a financial emergency. Risks like loss of passport, medical treatment expenses, financial emergency assistance, trip delay, hijack cover and accidental death & disability in a common carrier is covered under this plan amongst others. This plan by Reliance Travel Insurance can be customized according to a specific Asian country like Singapore and Thailand and is available in Standard and Silver variants.
Annual Multi Trip
This plan by Reliance Travel Insurance is tailor-made for people who need to travel frequently including business travelers. The plan eliminates the need to buy a new travel insurance policy before every trip and instead provides year-round protection for multiple trips through a single policy. It offers a sum insured amount of up to $ 5,00,000. People with the Annual Multi Trip plan by Reliance Travel Insurance are protected against a host of emergencies like medical treatment expenses, daily hospital cash, missed connecting flights, delay or loss of check-in baggage, home burglary, and personal liability amongst others. With Standard, Plus and Elite plan variants, the insured can opt for a plan that best suits his needs.
Senior Citizen Travel
This Reliance Travel Insurance plan has been custom-made for travelers within the age group of 60 to 90 years. It aims to make traveling abroad easier and hassle-free for senior citizens. Besides providing extensive medical coverage to the older people during their international trip, the plan also offers other covers including loss of passport, daily hospital allowance, financial emergency assistance, trip delay, hijack distress allowance, loss of check-in baggage and home burglary insurance. While there are Standard, Silver, Gold and Platinum variants under the 61-70 age group category, there is only a Standard plan available for people between 71 to 90 years of age.
The Student Travel insurance plan by Reliance General Insurance has been created to protect Indians traveling abroad for higher education. It casts a safety shield that guards the Indian student against any adversities that he may face during his stay abroad. The plan provides a vast variety of coverage including medical cover, loss of passport, two-way compassionate visit, study interruption, personal liability, bail bond, personal accident and sponsor protection. This plan by Reliance Travel Insurance is available in five variants i.e. Basic, Standard, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Reliance Travel Insurance: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for different types of plans by Reliance General Travel Insurance are given below:
|Travel Insurance Plans||Minimum Entry Age||Policy Validity|
|Overseas Travel||6 months to 60 years||Up to 182 days|
|Schengen Travel||3 months to 90 years||Up to 180 days|
|Asia Travel||3 months to 60 years||Up to 30 days|
|Annual Multi Trip||18 years to 90 years||Up to 365 days|
|Senior Citizen Travel||61 years to 90 years||Up to 180 days|
|Student Travel||16 years to 35 years||Up to 2 years|
Reliance Travel Insurance Coverage
An insured traveler can enjoy the following coverage by buying a travel insurance policy from Reliance General:
- Medical Expenses: The insurer will cover hospitalization expenses incurred for treatment of an illness or accident. It also includes the cost of emergency ambulance services, evacuation to a hospital as well as repatriation of mortal remains back to India
- Dental Treatment:It covers the cost of dental treatment required for acute pain relief
- Accidental Death & Disability (Common Carrier): Reliance General Travel Insurance will pay compensation if the insured dies or suffers permanent disability in an accident while traveling in common carriers like bus, train, etc.
- Loss of Passport: The insurer will indemnify the cost of obtaining a duplicate or new passport in case the insured loses his original passport
- Total Loss of Check-in Baggage: In case of the airline with which the insured was traveling misplaces or loses his check-in baggage, the airline will compensate for the loss
- Delay in Check-in Baggage Arrival: If the check-in baggage of the insured is delayed by the airline for more than 12 hours, the insurer will reimburse the cost of buying essential personal items including toiletries, clothes and medicines
- Trip Delay: The insurer will pay compensation if the flight of the insured gets delayed for more than 12 hours
- Personal Liability: Reliance General Insurance will pay for any legal liability of the insured if an injury or damage is caused to a third party property or person
- Compassionate Visit: If the insured gets hospitalized abroad for more than 7 days, the insurer will reimburse the return airfare for one of the immediate family members of the insured
- Home Burglary Insurance: In the event of a burglary at the insured’s house while he is traveling abroad, Reliance General Travel Insurance will compensate for the loss of the stolen items
- Financial Emergency Assistance: In case the insured traveler gets robbed or mugged of his money, Reliance General Travel Insurance will provide financial assistance to him
- Hijack Distress Allowance: The insurer will provide a distress allowance to the insured if the common carrier he was traveling in gets hijacked for more than 12 hours
- Personal Accident: Reliance General Insurance will pay compensation if an accident abroad leads to the death or permanent disability of the insured
- Bail Bond: In case the insured student gets arrested or detained by the police or judicial authorities under a bailable offense, Reliance General Insurance will arrange the bail amount on your behalf
- Study Interruption: If the insured student is unable to attend classes due to hospitalization, the insurer will reimburse the tuition fee for the current semester
- Sponsor Protection: The insurer will reimburse the advance tuition fees paid to the university, in case the insured’s sponsor dies in an accident
|Coverage (In USD)||Overseas Travel||Schengen Travel (In Euro)||Asia Travel||Annual Multi Trip||Senior Citizen Travel||Student Travel|
|Individual||Family||61-70 years||71-90 years|
|Plan Variants||Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum||Standard, Gold||Basic, Standard||Standard, Silver||Standard, Plus, Elite||Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum||Standard||Basic, Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum|
|Medical Expenses Including Transportation and Evacuation||Up to 5,00,000||Up to 1,00,000||Up to 50,000||Up to 30,000||Up to 5,00,000||Up to 5,00,000||50,000||Up to 5,00,000 (except in Basic plan)|
|Repatriation of Mortal Remains||7,000|
|Dental Treatment Expenses||500||500||500||500||500||500||200||Up to 500 (except in Basic plan)|
|Personal Accident||Up to 30,000||Up to 25,000||15,000||7,500||Up to 30,000||Up to 30,000||15,000||25,000|
|Accidental Death & Disability (Common Carrier)||Up to 5,000||2,500||2,500 (except in Basic plan)||2,500||Up to 5,000||Up to 5,000||-||2,500 (except in Basic plan)|
|Loss of Passport||300||300||300(except in Basic plan)||100||300||300||150||Up to 200|
|Total Loss of Check-in Baggage||Up to 1,500||Up to 1,000||500(except in Basic plan)||200||Up to 1,500||Up to 1,500||500||1,000|
|Delay in Check-in Baggage Arrival||100||100||100(except in Basic plan)||100||Up to 125||100||-||-|
|Trip Delay||Up to 60 per day for a maximum of 6 days (except in Standard plan)||Up to 50 per day for a maximum of 7 days||-||Up to 30 per day for a maximum of 6 days||Included||Up to 60 per day for a maximum of 6 days (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Trip Cancellation & Interruption||600(except in Standard plan)||Up to 600||-||-||Up to 60 per day for a maximum of 6 days||600 (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Missed Connecting Flights||Up to 500(except in Standard plan)||300 (except in Standard plan)||-||-||Up to 1250||Up to 500(except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Compassionate Visit||Return fare of one person||Return fare of one person (except in Basic plan)||Return fare of one person (except in Basic plan)||-||Up to 500 (except in Standard plan)||Return fare of one person||-||7,500|
|Home Burglary Insurance||Up to INR 3,00,000 (except in Standard plan)||Up to INR 2,00,000||-||-||Up to INR 3,00,000 (except in Standard plan)||Up to INR 3,00,000 (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Financial Emergency Assistance||300 (except in Standard plan)||Up to 600||-||500||125 per day up to a maximum of 7 days||300 (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Daily Hospital Allowance||25 per day up to 7 days (except in Standard plan)||25 per day up to 7 days||-||-||25 per day up to 7 days||25 per day up to 7 days (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Hijack Distress Allowance||125 per day up to a maximum of 7 days (except in Standard plan)||75 per day up to a maximum of 7 days||-||60 per day up to a maximum of 7 days||500||125 per day up to a maximum of 7 days (except in Standard plan)||-||-|
|Personal Liability||Up to 2,50,000||1,00,000||50,000 (except in Basic plan)||10,000||Up to 2,50,000||Up to 2,50,000||15,000||Up to 1,50,000|
|Bail Bond||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Up to 5,000|
|Special Condition (liability limit):|
|Any One Illness||-||-||-||-||-||Up to 17,500||-||-|
|Any One Accident||-||-||-||-||-||Up to 35,000||-||-|
Reliance Travel Insurance: List of Exclusions
- Pre-existing diseases: The insurer will not cover any claims arising out of undisclosed pre-existing diseases
- Life-threatening conditions: It covers life-threatening conditions only for travelers up to 70 years of age if they are direct results of a disclosed pre-existing diseases
- Specific diseases: Reliance General Travel Insurance does not cover treatment expenses for any illness or injury caused due to suicide, mental disorder, depression, stress or anxiety, abuse of alcohol or drugs, venereal diseases and HIV AIDS
- Travel insurance policies by Reliance General Insurance does not cover any emergency expenses if the insured is traveling -
- Against doctor’s instructions
- To get medical treatment abroad
- Receiving or are on a waitlist to receive a specific medical treatment
- In spite of being terminally ill with a medical condition
- The insurer will not reimburse the expenses incurred on getting a new passport if the loss is not reported to the local police on time or if the passport was left unattended
- Reliance General Travel Insurance will not compensate for partial loss or damage of check-in baggage
- The insurer will not cover any expense if the destination country is on the verge of war or nuclear attack
- Any claims for financial assistance made after the insured’s return back to India will not be covered by the insurer
Reliance Travel Insurance Claim
The whole purpose of a buying travel insurance policy is to stay protected from any untoward incident that may occur during your trip. The only way to avail assistance at the hour of need is by making a timely insurance claim. Reliance General Travel Insurance has a very easy and convenient claim process for both cashless and reimbursement claims. Follow the following steps to register a travel insurance claim under Reliance General Insurance:
Cashless Claims Registration
- Get admitted to one of Reliance General Insurance’s network hospitals
- Inform the insurer within 24 hours of getting admitted
- The insurer will send a confirmation to the hospital for cashless treatment
- Get treated for the illness or injury and get discharged
- Reliance General Travel Insurance will settle the bills directly with the hospital
A reimbursement claim can be registered for a number of risks including passport loss, study interruption, flight delay and personal liability. Take a look at the claim procedure for a reimbursement claim under Reliance General Travel Insurance:
- Inform Reliance General Travel Insurance about your claim within 24 hours of the occurrence of the emergency
- Fill up the claim form carefully
- Submit all the documents to the claims department of Reliance General Travel Insurance along with the claim form
- The insurer will review the documents with the policy coverage
- The claims department will reach out to insured if any additional documents are required
- After reviewing all the documents, Reliance General Insurance will pay the claim amount to the insured
Documents Required for Claiming Reliance Travel Insurance
- Duly filled claim form of Reliance General Travel Insurance
- Original flight ticket or boarding pass
- Photocopy of passport and visa along with entry & exit stamp
- Original bills, vouchers and payment receipts
- Doctor’s consultation notes (in case of a medical claim)
- Original hospital admission and discharge card (in case of a medical claim)
- Original medical bills, payment receipts and investigative or diagnostic tests reports along with prescriptions (in case of a medical claim)
It is advised that the insured confirm the exact list of documents required to file a claim with the representatives of Reliance General Travel Insurance at the time of claim intimation.
How to Apply for Reliance Travel Insurance?
Reliance General Travel Insurance has a simple and hassle-free procedure to apply for a travel insurance plan. Since the company involves zero paperwork, take a look at how you can buy the best travel insurance policy online:
- Visit the official website of Reliance General Travel Insurance
- Browse through the various travel insurance plans and select the plan
- Select the desired plan and check the quote
- Fill up the proposal form and review the details entered
- Pay the premium amount online
- Download the travel insurance policy by Reliance General Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance FAQs
Q. Who is the Third Party Administrator (TPA)/ Emergency Assistance Provider for Reliance General Travel Insurance?
Ans: Europ Assistance India Pvt. Ltd. is the emergency service provider/ third party administrator for the travel insurance policy claims by Reliance General Insurance.
Q. Will Reliance General Travel Insurance issue more than one travel insurance policy for the same trip?
Ans: No. Each person will be issued only one travel insurance policy by Reliance General Insurance for his international trip.
Q. Will I get my money back if I cancel my Reliance General Travel Insurance policy?
Ans: If the policy is canceled before you begin your international trip, you will be entitled to a full refund after subtracting the cancellation charges. Similarly, if you cancel your policy post your travel dates due to non-travel, you will be refunded the entire amount minus the cancellation charges, provided proof of non-travel is provided to Reliance General Travel Insurance. But if you cancel your policy after commencing your international trip or due to returning early back to India, the amount obtained by subtracting the utilized premium and cancellation charges will be refunded.
Q. What are the various modes of premium payment?
Ans: Reliance General Travel Insurance offers five options to pay your premium amount including online payment, mobile payment, IVR online payment, depositing money at a Reliance branch office or by scheduling a free cheque pickup.
Q. Can I register a Reliance General Travel Insurance claim after returning back to India?
Ans: Yes. You can register a claim under the Reliance General Travel Insurance within 30 days of getting back to India or the date of policy expiry, whichever is earlier.
Q. What are the age criteria for an issuing travel insurance policy by Reliance?
Ans: Reliance Travel Insurance issues travel insurance to people between the ages of 3 months and 90 years. However, the age criteria may differ from one travel plan to another.
Q. In which countries are international travel insurance policies by Reliance recognised and accepted?
Ans: International travel insurance policies by Reliance are recognised and accepted all over the world. All the emergency claims are handled by its assistance service provider.
Q. Can I buy Reliance Travel Insurance if I am going on a work permit abroad?
Ans: No. Reliance Travel Insurance does not offer policies to people travelling abroad to take up work. It only provides overseas travel policies to people travelling for personal reasons, tourism, business or studies.
Q. Can I buy travel insurance by Reliance if I have an immigration visa?
Ans: Yes. Reliance offers single trip travel insurance policies to people travelling on an immigrant visa, provided the total coverage duration is not more than 60 days.
Q. What paperwork is required for buying Reliance Travel Insurance online in India?
Ans: Buying a Reliance travel insurance policy involves zero paperwork.
Q. How can I cancel my travel insurance policy by Reliance?
Ans: In order to cancel your travel insurance policy, you will have to inform Reliance about the change in your travel plans. Send a mail at the registered email id stating the reason for cancelling the policy along with the proof of not taking the overseas trip such as copy of passport, cancelled ticket, visa rejection letter, etc. Moreover, you will also have to pay the applicable cancellation charges.
Q. How many times can I extend my Reliance Travel Insurance policy?
Ans: An insured traveller can extend his travel insurance policy by Reliance only once for a maximum of 183 days. However, the extension is granted as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
Q. What is the maximum number of days for which I can take a Reliance Travel Insurance policy?
Ans: Reliance Travel Insurance issues policies with a maximum trip coverage of 182 days. The policy can be further extended only once for another 183 days as per the terms and conditions.
Q. Can my existing international travel policy by Reliance be extended to cover domestic travel as well?
Ans: No. International travel insurance policies by Reliance cannot be extended to cover any trips taken within the country. Such policies are only meant to cover international trips.
Q. Can I avail discounts on my travel insurance premium amount?
Ans: No. Reliance travel insurance does not offer any kind of discount on premium amount.
Q. Do I need to lodge a claim within a specific time frame from the time of the accident?
Ans: No. Reliance Travel Insurance does not have a specific time frame within which you need to lodge a claim arising due to accidents. However, it is advisable to register a claim with the insurance provider at the earliest to avoid any complications.
Q. How long does Reliance Travel Insurance take to settle a claim?
Ans: Reliance settles a travel insurance claim in about 15 working days of receiving all the required documents.
Q. How will the reimbursement happen under Reliance Travel Insurance? Will I get the money in local currency or in USD?
Ans: The Assistance Service Provider of Reliance will settle all reimbursement claims in Indian rupees after you return back to India. On the contrary, the payment for any claims related to financial emergency assistance will be immediately made to you by the service provider.
Q. Will I receive the reimbursement money in my account directly or by cheque?
Ans: Reliance Travel Insurance will reimburse the claim amount to you through a cheque issued on your name.
Q. Within how many days do I need to submit the documents for my claim?
Ans: You need to submit the required documents in support of your claim to Reliance or its service provider within 30 days of returning back to India or expiry of the policy, whichever is earlier.
Q. If I purchase medicines from the pharmacist without consulting doctor, will Reliance Travel Insurance cover it?
Ans: No. Reliance Travel Insurance will not cover the expenses incurred on purchasing medicines from the pharmacist without consulting the doctor or without his prescription. Moreover, it will only reimburse the incurred expenses if the medicines are required for the treatment of a covered illness or injury.
Q. What if I am unable to submit original documents for reimbursement?
Ans: If you are unable to submit certain necessary documents in original to Reliance or its service provider, then your claim will, unfortunately, get rejected.
Q. Will my family be covered under one travel insurance policy? Or do I need to buy separate policies for each family member?
Ans: If you opt for family floater policy coverage, only then your entire family will be covered under one travel insurance policy.
Q. What is the maximum entry age for Reliance travel insurance?
Ans: The maximum entry age for Reliance Travel Insurance policies is 60 years. But if you are applying for travel insurance plans for Schengen, senior citizens or frequent flyers, the maximum entry age is 90 years. Moreover, the maximum entry age for student travel insurance policy is 35 years.
Q. How can I claim Reliance Travel Insurance?
Ans: Two types of claims can be filed with Reliance Travel Insurance. If you are making a cashless claim, you need to inform the service provider about the emergency. After you have received the authorization, you can receive the treatment and the provider will settle the claim amount directly with the network hospital.
In the case of a reimbursement claim, you will have to inform the service provider about the emergency as soon as possible and then have to submit all the required documents. The claim amount will be paid to you after your claim gets approved.
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Star Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Travel Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance Malaysia
- Travel Insurance UK
- Travel Insurance Australia
- Travel Insurance Sri Lanka
- Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance Singapore
- Travel Insurance Japan
- Travel Insurance UAE
- Travel Insurance Germany
- Travel Insurance Hong Kong
- Travel Insurance Dubai
- Travel Insurance Thailand