Digit Corona Kavach Policy
Digit insurance company is providing Corona Kavach health insurance policy so that you can get cover for the medical services at the time of global Corona Pandemic. Corona Kavach has been designed to provide coverage for the expenditure incurred for the treatment of Covid-19 at the hospital. It is an indemnity-based health insurance policy that will cover for hospitalization, home care treatment, AYUSH treatment, pre and post-hospitalization expenses etc. The plan also offers hospital daily cash benefit to the insured persons.
Digit Corona Kavach health insurance policy comes with a sum insured of Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5,00,000. For individual policy holder sum insured will be apply to each individual family member and for floater, the sum insured will apply to the whole family.
The entry age criteria, waiting period, sub-limits and waiting period of Digit Corona Kavach policy are given below:
- Minimum & Maximum entry age:18 years up to 65 years.
- Waiting Period: There is a waiting period of 15 days to avail of the benefits of the Corona Kavach policy.
- Members Covered: Policy can be availed for self and the following family members. 1. Legally wedded spouse. 2. Parents and Parents-in-law. 3. Dependent children (i.e. natural or legally adopted) between the day 1 of age to 25 years. If the child above 18 years of age is financially independent, he or she will be negligible.
- Policy Period: Three and half month (3 and ½ month), six and a half months (6 and ½ month), nine and a half months (9 and ½ month) including waiting period.
- Sub-limits: Hospital daily cash, 0.5% of sum insured per day subject to maximum of 15 days in a policy period for every insured member. 2. Home care treatment: Maximum up to 14 days per incident.
Inclusions in Digit Corona Kavach
The coverage provided by the Digit Corona Kavach to the insured person is as follows:
- Room rent, Boarding, Nursing expenses as provided by the hospital
- Intensive care unit (ICU)/ Intensive cardiac care unit (ICCU) expenses.
- Surgeon, Anesthesia, Medical practitioner, Consultants, Specialist fees whether paid directly to the treating doctor/surgeon or the hospital.
- Anesthesia, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges, surgical appliances, ventilator charges, medicines and drugs, costs towards diagnostics, diagnostics imaging modalities, PPE kit, gloves, mask and such similar other expenses.
- Road ambulance, subject to a maximum of Rs. 2000 per hospitalization for the ambulance services offered by a hospital or by an ambulance service provider, provided that the ambulance is availed only in relation to Covid hospitalization for which the company has accepted a claim under section.
The cover listed below is optional policy benefit and will be available to insured persons.
- Hospital Daily Cash: The company will pay the insured person 0.5% of sum insured per day for each 24 hours of continuous hospitalization for which the company has accepted a claim under section 4.1 hospitalization cover.
The benefit will be payable maximum up to 15 days during a policy period in respect of every insured person.
Exclusion in Digit Corona Kavach
Digit Corona Kavach health insurance policy will not provide cover for the following:
- Investigation and Evaluation: Expenses related to any admission primarly for diagnostics and evaluation purposes. Any kind of diagnostic expenses that are not related to the current diagnosis and treatment.
- Rest cure, Rehabilitation and respite care: Expenses related to any admission primarly for enforced bed rest and not for receiving treatment. 1. Custodial care at home or nursing facility. 2. Any service for people who are terminally ill to address physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Unproven treatments: Expenses related to any unproven treatment, services and supplies for or in connection with any treatment.
- Any claim in relation to Covid where it has been diagnosed prior to policy start date.
- Any expenses incurred on day care treatment and OPD treatment.
- Diagnosis/treatment outside the geographical limits of India.
- Testing done at diagnostic entre which is not authorized by the government will not be recognized under this policy.
- All covers under this policy shall cease if the insured person travels to any country placed under travel restriction by the government of India.
Procedure for cashless claim in Digit Corona Kavach:
- Treatment may be taken in a network provider and is subject to preauthorization by the company or its authorized TPA.
- Cashless request form available with the network provider and TPA will be completed and sent to the company for authorization.
- The company/TPA upon getting cashless request form and related medical information from the insured person/network provider will issue pre-authorized letter to the hospital after verification.
- At the time of discharge, the insured person has to verify and sign the discharge papers, pay for non-medical and inadmissible expenses.
- The company reserves the right to deny pre-authorization in case the insured person is unable to provide the relevant medical details.
- In case of denial of cashless access, the insured person may obtain the treatment as per treating doctor’s advice and submit the claim documents of the company for reimbursement.