United India Family Medicare Health Plan
“A little effort goes a long way”. Family Medicare plan covers your medical expenses against unfortunate diseases so that you can care for your loved ones in difficult times instead of looking at the expenses. This policy basically covers hospitalization expenses for untimely illness.
- This plan covers the family under a single policy.
- Covers expenses for day care (that requires hospitalization for less than 24 hours) procedures.
- Room and boarding expenses are covered up to 1% of sum insured.
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses are covered and it is covered up to 10% of sum insured.
- Fees of surgeon and medical practitioner is covered.
- Expenses of blood, oxygen, anesthesia and operation theatre etc. are covered.
- ICU charges are covered up to 2% of sum insured.
- Cashless services are available across 7000 hospitals.
- Tax benefit under section 80D can be availed by the insured.
- No claim bonus on premium can be availed after 3 claim free renewals.
Details about Premium
Sum insured is available from Rs 1 lac to 5 Lacs in multiple of 50,000 and for 5 lacs to 10 lacs in multiple of 1 lac.Premium will depend on the age, sum insured and coverage.
Details of Policy:
Coverage: self, spouse and two dependent children.
Minimum sum insured: Rs 1, 00,000
Maximum sum insured: Rs 10, 00, 000
Free look period: In case the policy holder is not happy with the terms and conditions of policy, he/she can cancel the policy by giving reasons of cancellation. Also it is possible to withdraw the policy within 15 days from the date of commencement.
Grace period:If the payment is due on renewal of the policy, grace period of 30 days is given to the policyholder to make the payment.
To buy the policy, a proposer needs to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ and submit it alongwith accurate medical history. In certain cases, medical test may be required, which will be decided by the company on the basis of sum insured and age of the proposer.
This policy can be bought for whole family. Children should be dependent.
Actual expenses or 70% of sum insured whichever is less.
Day Care Treatment
Certain specified Day Care procedures which require less than 24 hours hospitalization.
Treatment taken in a Government Hospital or in any Institute recognized by the Government and/or accredited by Quality Council of India/National Accreditation Board on Health.
- Dental treatments are excluded.
- Sexually transmitted diseases are excluded.
- Pregnancy or maternity expenses are excluded.
- Waiting period of 48 months for pre-existing diseases.
- Waiting period of 2 to 4 years for certain diseases.
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Religare Health Insurance
- Alarming! 32 Percent of Indian Population Suffers from Thyroid
- Why do Patients of Hypertension Need Health Insurance?
- Why is Health Insurance Necessary for Asthma Patients?
- Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan: What to Buy?
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India