- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 16/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 7 Lac+Families Secured
Claim Settlement Ratio Trend of Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2600 -
Updated date : 03 September 2019
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company was set up in 2011. It is an association between Edelweiss Financial Services and Tokio Marine. Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company offers a wide variety of insurance plans available for the customer to choose from. These plans include saving plans, child plans, endowment plans, protection, and retirement plan. Also, the insurance company has the facility to append some additional features to the plan as per the wish of the customer, which can be permanent disability rider, accidental death benefit rider or critical illness rider.
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company aims to safeguard the wishes, hopes, and desires of the people at large in case of any mishap that may cause an obstacle in the attainment of their dreams and utilize all available means to ease their burden of loss and assist in moving on with life.
What is Life Insurance Claim Settlement ratio?
To understand Life insurance claim settlement ratio, we must first be clear with all the basic terms involved with it.
- Life Insurance is a deal or an accord between two parties that comprises of the policyholder (also known as the insured) and the insurer, which is the insurance company. Wherein the insurance company concurs to pay the sum assured, as per the terms and conditions of the policy in case of death of the insured to his/her beneficiary. This amount is known as the death benefit and the proceeds are handed over to the beneficiary nominated by the insured. To ensure that the policy is active and the nominee receives the benefit in case of death of insured, regular and timely payments of premiums should be done.
- With life being unpredictable and uncertain, keeping our near and dear ones financially protected is our priority. That is where Life Insurance helps. It allows you to nominate one or more beneficiaries (blood relatives and spouse in most cases, friends can also be nominated by accompanying it with a reason of nomination to avoid any future disagreement) with the share of each beneficiary.
- To claim the earnings of a life insurance policy you must be a beneficiary in the policy. Simply being a legal heir does not make you are eligible to claim the returns.
- Other most important criteria while choosing a life insurance company are the claim settlement ratio. The life insurance claim settlement ratio refers to the number of cases settled out of the total number of cases applied. Higher the ratio, greater is the percentage of the claim being executed. An annual report which shows the claim settlement ratio of all the insurance companies is printed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) every year.
Edelweiss Tokio Life Claim Settlement ratio
Edelweiss Tokio Life Claim Settlement Ratio is computed as a ratio of the number of claims of death settled in a financial year and the total number of claims reported, which includes the claims pending from the start of the year. The result of this calculation is shown as a percentage and thus can help you in comparison with the claim settlement data of the other insurance companies.
As per the report published by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) every year the Death Claim Settlement ratio of Edelweiss Tokio Life’s for individual policies (excluding group policies) is mentioned in the table below.
|Edelweiss Tokio Life Claim Settlement Ratio - Individual Death Claims by Count|
Last 6 years Trend of Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Claims Ratio
The performance of Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance in the ratio of claim settlement in the last six years is depicted below. This data is based on the annual report published by IRDAI each year. This data can also be used as a benchmark when deciding upon which term insurance is to be purchased.
- 2012-2013: 45.45%
- 2013-2014: 60%
- 2014-2015: 57.4%
- 2015-2016: 85.11%
- 2016-2017: 93.29%
- 2017-2018: 95.24%
The ability to maintain and improve the claim settlement ratio each year is a good performance indicator of the insurance company and reason enough to be partial towards the company when making an insurance company choice. The past performance of Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Co. in death claim settlement is an indicator towards a regular and improved performance.
Position Among Other Insurance Companies.
The rank refers to the position of Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Co vis-a-vis the other life insurance companies in the industry in a particular year. The table represents data from the period 2012 to 2017 for each financial year.
Which bring us to the conclusion that an improving claim settlement ratio makes this insurance company a decent pick for purchasing insurance policies.
- Most Read
- Aviva Life Insurance Introduces Aviva Income Suraksha for Defense Sector
Date: 14 October 2019
- KKR Sells Stake in SBI Life worth $73 Million
Date: 30 September 2019
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio Trend
Date: 11 September 2019
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio Trend
Date: 11 September 2019
- HDFC life Claim Settlement Ratio Trend
Date: 11 September 2019
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 2295932
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 396141
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 179381
- एलआईसी पॉलिसी की स्थिति और प्रीमियम विवरण कैसे जांचें?
Views : 164771
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 143012
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator