- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Reasons Why Every Working Woman Needs a Life Insurance Policy
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2103 -
Modified 29 March 2018
The era when men used to be the sole earning member of a family has long gone. As the times have progressed, women have slowly emerged to the forefront of their household, not only as its managers, but also its breadwinners. In many households, both the husband and the wife are earning members. In other households, women sometimes earn more than their partners. In a lot of cases, they are the sole earning member of their family and run their household completely on their own merit.
However, women tend to not take their finances as seriously and they skip out on having life insurance policies in their own names. Men are usually the first ones to get a life insurance in their own name, whereas women lag behind, unsure and under-confident about the value a life insurance policy will have for them. This article will illustrate the six reasons why best life insurance plan is integral for a working woman:
- Monetary security
In case you are the sole breadwinner of your family, you need to ensure that your family has a fall-back option in the unlikely event of your untimely death. If you do not provide them with sufficient security, your untimely demise will affect them adversely, both emotionally and financially. Even if both you and your partner are working, it is still advisable to have a life insurance policy for yourself to provide the family with a safety cushion, in case of your demise.
- Adding to your savings
Unlike our grandmothers, women no longer save their money in glass jars or make the mistake of putting their saved money into chit funds. A working woman has many options to invest her money and one such outlet could be an insurance product that is linked to the market. This will not only provide better returns but also have the added safety of a life insurance plan.
- A Cushion in case of a Fatal Illness
A proper life insurance policy that also accounts for medical expenses in the event of an expensive critical illness will reduce the financial pressure on the family by a considerable amount. In case you are diagnosed with some illness that has severe repercussions, you will at least be sure that a lump sum amount will be paid to you. In the unlikely event that may result in your death, you will rest assured that your family will be taken care of by this plan.
- Streamlining Costs
According to various studies, women have a much higher life expectancy than men. So, when it comes to giving life insurance policies, women tend to get better rates as compared to men. Thus, for women, it is a preferable option that comes with a lot of security and financial gain, especially in the long run.
- Retirement Savings
Often, relying on your partner’s insurance policy may not ensure enough financial security for the both of you when you hit your retirement age. You might find yourself spending more than you have, or have some unforeseen expenditures that take a bite out of your funds. In case of such a scenario, a good life insurance policy provides you with an organized plan to control your finances.
- Security for your children
The primary concern that most mothers have is regarding their children’s financial security. You will always want to ensure that your children do not lack the funds to take care of themselves and their education. You want them to have a good education and a good life even if you are no longer there to physically guide them. A proper life insurance policy will ensure your children’s safety and well-being even when you are long gone.
The types of life insurance policies that you might consider include:
- A term life insurance plan
This kind of plan will ensure that the ones dependent on you will be financially secure, even after your death. The premium rates for women are substantially lower in such plans and you should buy this policy at a young age.
- Endowment life insurance plan
This kind of plan is highly profitable, if your long-term goal is to save. It helps you plan your financial future effectively. You are encouraged to save money for big events such as your children’s college education or their wedding.
- A plan for illness
Medical complications may occur at any stage in your life. Life Insurance plans covering fatal illnesses will ensure that you have enough money to access good treatment and that your family is not crippled by expenditures on an expensive hospital and medical care.
Here are a few life insurance policies that you might consider for yourself:
- HDFC Life Smart Women ULIP
An advantage of this plan is that you can purchase it online. There are three variations to the plan: The Classic, The Premier, The Elite. It is especially beneficial for women who are stepping into motherhood, because it is malleable with pregnancy related risks both to the child and the mother. It also offers an assured amount of money as well.
- SBI Life Smart Women Advantage Plan
This plan provides a working woman with triple coverage: it includes a life cover, savings in the long term, and includes a clause for fatal illnesses. You may choose between the gold or the Platinum Plan. The plan comes with the added advantage of a waiver of the premium in case you are diagnosed with a fatal illness.
You also have the opportunity to choose the sum you wish to receive in the event of your death or if you are diagnosed with an illness. It will always be a multiple of the base amount that you are to receive.
- LIC JeevanBharathi-I Plan
The unique feature of this plan is that it is designed especially for women. Certain benefits of this plan allow for an annuity. There are several add on benefits to this plan as well. Every five years in the course of this plan, you will receive 20% of the sum assured as a part of the survival benefit.
- TATA AIG Wellsurance Women Plan
According to this plan, you will be paid a benefit amount, if you are diagnosed with 1 out of the 11 diseases that the plan will cover. It also comes with the added benefit of hospital cash.
Thus, this article has tried to emphasize the importance of a life insurance plan for a working woman. Most policies target men and their needs and requirements, based on the old age idea that men are the ones who are the primary breadwinners of the family. However, times have changed, societal norms have evolved, and women have emerged into the forefront. No more do women need to shy away from work. They now bear the responsibility on their shoulders to secure their own and their families’ financial future. Thus, these life insurance plans are just preliminary policies before you settle on the one that suit your needs.
Keep the following things in mind when going for the policy,
- Start young. The younger your age is when you begin a policy, the higher the amount you will eventually receive at its maturity.
- Choose the appropriate policy keeping in mind the requirements of your family. If you have a history of breast cancer in your family, chances are, it could be hereditary. So, make sure you go for an illness plan that will cover the medical costs if you are also afflicted by the disease.
- In case you want to ensure that your children have the best education that money can buy, go for a plan that will allow you to access your money at the required period so you children do not suffer.
- Keep in mind your salary and choose a premium that you can pay every month. You still need to manage your daily expenses. It is alright to compromise a little for the future, but not so much that it is detrimental to your standard of living in the current times.
- Always compare and contrast various policies that are on offer. It’s a lot like buying a new pair of shoes. Do not buy the first policy that you find. Compare different policies before you choose the right fit. Check the interest rates and the lump sum amount and all the fine print in the form before you sign up for one because it is a lifelong commitment.
Hopefully this article has convinced you of the importance of a life insurance policy not only for yourself but also your family. If you do not have one, begin you research now and get one for yourself. It is a choice you will not regret making. It secures your future as well as the future of the ones you love. However, be extremely careful about your decision and consult those who already have a plan to help you make your choice. Good Luck!
- Most Read
- Tax Benefits on Life Insurance
Date: 30 July 2018
- How Life Insurance Help you To Stay Financially Safe?
Date: 23 July 2018
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Cancel Your Life Insurance Policy
Date: 23 July 2018
- How to Choose Life Insurance Plans According to Your Income?
Date: 22 June 2018
- 10 Risky Cities in India Where One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 19 June 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1533083
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 209925
- Life Insurance: Checking Policy Status
Views : 75842
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 74896
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 66424