- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Term Insurance with More Than 100 Years of Coverage
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 12871 -
Modified 14 November 2017
The simplest form of life insurance, Term Life Insurance has become immensely popular amongst insurance seekers, over the years. It provides life coverage for a limited tenure to the beneficiary of the policy in case of uncertain demise of the insured person. The nominees of the policy can claim death benefits from the insurer in the event of death of the insured during the tenure of the policy.
Under term insurance plan , the insurance holder can choose to avail a lump-sum amount or a combination of both - a lump-sum amount plus a monthly amount depending upon their requisites, needs and budget. Moreover, there are various insurance companies that offer term life insurance plans with adequate coverage for partial and permanent disability under which the regular income of an individual is disrupted.
Why Term Insurance is Important?
In today’s fast-paced lifestyle, life has become uncertain. Quite expectedly, it is crucial to have a term insurance plan in hand. Having a term insurance plan is the best way to ensure a financial secured future of your loved ones in case of an eventuality. In case of the demise of the breadwinner of the family, term insurance plans provide fiscal backup and financial support to the family of the insured so that they can fulfill their day today responsibilities and live a substantial life style.
A term insurance plan efficiently fulfills the various liabilities like:
- It provides financial security for the family.
- It takes care of your loans and debts (if any).
- Provides money as death benefit so that your family can live a sufficient life.
- It also protects the insured in case of critical illness and disability.
- It provides supplementary income in case of loss of income due to illness or accidental disability.
- In case of accidental demise, the term insurance plan provides additional sum assured amount to the beneficiary of the policy.
Under term insurance plan, the insurer provides a lump sum amount to the insured, in case he/she is diagnosed with the critical illness.
Things to Keep in Mind When Buying Term Insurance Plan
There is absolutely no dearth of term insurance plans available in the Indian insurance domain, albeit there are a few things that one must keep in mind when buying a term insurance plan. In order to avail the best term insurance plan available with the most affordable premium rates, it makes sense to carefully compare a number of term insurance plans online and choose the one that best suits your requirement, budget and needs.
Some of the most prominent things that one must keep in mind when purchasing a term insurance plan are:
- Insurer’s reliability
- Extent of Coverage Offered
- Best time to buy the policy
- Add-on Rider Benefits
- Premium Rates
- Insurer’s Claim Settlement Ratio
- Maximum & Minimum Entry Age
Key Features of Term Insurance Plan
Most term insurance plans are carefully conceptualized to secure the core financial requirements of a family in case of the uncertain death of the insured person or in the event of eventuality that may lead to partial or total disability. Term life insurance plans ensure that the beneficiaries or the claimants are eligible to receive a lump sum amount as the death benefit in case of the death of the policy holder. In addition, almost all term life insurance plans also provide critical illness benefits to ensure a lump sum payout for the beneficiaries in case the policy holder is diagnosed with some critical diseases.
Let’s look at some of the salient features of a Term Insurance Plan.
- Term insurance plan offers flexibility by allowing proposers to choose options of single life basis or joint life basis.
- Policyholders can avail tax benefits on the premium paid under section 80C and 10(10D) of Income Tax Act.
- The tenure of term insurance plan ranges from a minimum tenure of 5 years to a maximum tenure of whole life. Here’s an exciting piece of information, some insurers have started providing term life insurance coverage to people over 100 years of age.
- Expert suggest to go for a longer period of term insurance plan because the premium amount of the policy gets locked and the insured party pay the same premium aver the tenure of the policy.
- The minimum entry age of the policy is 18 years whereas the maximum age limit of the policy is 65 years.
- Death benefit is paid as the total sum assured amount to the nominee of the policy in case of uncertain demise of the insured person of the policy.
- Additional rider benefit is available under the plan that provides extra add-on coverage to the insured. Types of rider offers by term insurance plan are:-
- Critical Illness Rider
- Total and Permanent Disability Benefit Rider
- Accidental Death Benefit Rider
- Waiver of Premium Rider
How does Your Age Impact the Term Life Insurance?
While you zero in on a term insurance plan, it is important to understand how the premium of term insurance plan is determined. The early you buy a term insurance plan in your life, the more beneficial it is for you in the long term.
Buying a term insurance plan at a tender age is more beneficial as one can get greater coverage in a more affordable premium rate. Whereas, delay in buying term insurance plan adds to the overall premium payment. Moreover, it also dramatically decreases the extent of coverage with the growing age.
Here’s the bottom line:
If you wish to avail the maximum benefit of term insurance plan with the lowest premium possible, then it is wise to buy one as soon as you start earning.
Why Should You Choose Term Life Insurance Plans For More Than 100 Years Coverage?
As there is an array of term insurance plan available in the market, some of the term insurance plan provides whole life coverage to the insured person. This means that the policy holder is protected beyond 100 years.
The major benefit of having a term insurance plan for people equal to or more than 100 years is that if your family is at financial risk that surpasses beyond your life then your term plan can take care of your estate tax liabilities.
Moreover, having a term insurance cover more than 100 years saves you from paying an extra premium and one can get whole life coverage without any medical test.
How to Get Best Term Life Insurance Plan For those Over 100 Years?
With the help of term insurance premium calculator, you can compare the various plans online and choose the most beneficial plan according to your own suitability. By comparing the various plans online you can simply choose the plan that offers coverage more than 100 years and check the features and benefits offered by the policy.
Wrapping it Up!
So, if you are planning to buy a term insurance plan for over 100 years of age, then you can probably keep these things in mind in order to choose the most beneficial plan for yourself.
- Most Read
- Term of a Term Insurance Plan- Can You Extend?
Date: 03 October 2018
- Best SBI Protection Plans to Secure Your Family
Date: 03 August 2018
- Types of Deaths Covered and Not Covered by Term Insurance
Date: 30 July 2018
- Benefits and Features of HDFC Click 2 Protect Plus Plan
Date: 25 July 2018
- Types of Term Insurance Plans
Date: 03 July 2018
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 659920
- Best Term Insurance Cover of Rs 1 Crore
Views : 230316
- Best Term Insurance Plans in 2017-18
Views : 88385
- Top 10 Term Insurance Plans In 2017
Views : 76766
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Features, Benefits and Eligibility
Views : 64873