- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Best Features of Sampoorna Suraksh - A New Microinsurance Plan from Future Generali
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2054 -
Modified 17 June 2016
67% of the Indian population lives in rural areas and 18% of our GDP (Gross Domestic Product, or national income) depends on agriculture. Yet when it comes to insurance, this section of the population is often neglected in favour of the middle class. The perception is that since transactions in rural areas take place on a smaller scale, mainstream banks find it difficult to adapt their offerings accordingly. To bridge this gap, Future Generali has recently tied up with 10 medium and small size banks in the Kolhapur and Sangli districts of Maharashtra to come up with a comprehensive insurance plan which meets the needs of a rural worker.
Future-Generali’s SampoornaSuraksha is a micro-insurance product, which means it gives coverage for a much smaller time and a much smaller amount, at very low premiums, than is the norm for small business insurance or regular term insurance. It targets workers in rural and semi-rural areas, and provides coverage for both life and belongings. Here’s a quick look at the details of the plan:
Rs.5000 to Rs.30000 per section
Age of entry
5 years to 70 years
Age of exit
Not applicable on this policy
Differs according to choice of sections (explained below)
This plan is an attractive offering for agricultural workers for a number of reasons.
1. The plan includes 8 separate sections, each meeting a specific need. The sections are hospital cash benefit, death or disability from personal accident, buildings and contents, robbery and burglary, farm produce, agricultural pump set, cart protection and liability and lastly, pedal cycle. The total premium is considered after taking a separate premium for each section into account. However, every plan must have coverage for at least one section.
2. The cost of transporting the remains of insurer, in case of death by personal accident, is also covered. Often this basic need poses an immediate cost which cannot be met by rural households. Future-Generali’s SampoornaSuraksha ensures 2% of the sum insured, or Rs.1000 (whichever is lower) is paid immediately for transport to a hospital, residence, cremation or burial ground.
3. Maximum policy term is short. This prevents insurers from making a commitment that they may not be able to keep. In the next financial year, he may or may not renew the plan depending on current circumstances. But limiting the policy term to just a year means buying insurance will not become a burden on the policy holder.
4. Hospital cash benefit provides coverage for up to a month. In case the insurer is hospitalized, either due to illness or due to accident, then he will receive Rs.175 to Rs.300 a day (depending on his plan) for 30 days. This provides ready cash to meet daily medical expenses.
5. Discounts are offered on the more expensive policies.If the insurer opts for coverage in 5 or 6 options, then he is eligible for a discount of 15% on his premium rates. If he buys coverage for 7 or 8 options, then his premium discount increases to 20%. Therefore the insurer is rewarded for being more cautious and comprehensive.
Future-Generali’s SampoornaSuraksha brings a number of facilities under the ambit of a single plan, thus making it possible for commercial banks to provide sustainable coverage. K.G. Krishnamoorthy Rao, MD and CEO of Future Generali India Insurance Company, has stated that rural and micro-insurance is expected to grow by 30% within 2017. However, this plan does not offer areliable solution to all problems of the rural worker. When considering Future-Generali’s SampoornaSuraksha micro-insurance plan,keep the following drawbacksin mind...
- Most Read
- Best SBI Protection Plans to Secure Your Family
Date: 03 August 2018
- Types of Deaths Covered and Not Covered by Term Insurance
Date: 30 July 2018
- Benefits and Features of HDFC Click 2 Protect Plus Plan
Date: 25 July 2018
- Types of Term Insurance Plans
Date: 03 July 2018
- Aegon iTerm vs ICICI Prudential iProtect Term Insurance
Date: 29 June 2018
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 628158
- Best Term Insurance Cover of Rs 1 Crore
Views : 218353
- Best Term Insurance Plans in 2017-18
Views : 85338
- Top 10 Term Insurance Plans In 2017
Views : 75697
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Features, Benefits and Eligibility
Views : 56585