Top Travel Hacks to Save Your Space, Money, and Time
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 646 -
Updated date : 29 October 2020
Whether you are going on a family vacation or some solo trip, every vacation has its charm. On one hand, on a family vacation where you enjoy with your family and have a gala time with them out of your daily routine, the other hand, on a solo trip you enjoy your ‘me-time’. However, despite the type of trip, a little planning like packing efficiently so that you will be traveling light to opting for a family travel insurance policy can do miracles and make your trip even more fun-filled and easy. So, to make your travel economical, time, and space-saving, we are here discussing some of the travel hacks:
Top Travel Hacks
Some of the top travel hacks are:
Use Incognito Mode for Flight and Hotel Search
When you start searching flights/ hotels for your trip ensure you switch to your browser’s incognito mode. The main reason for the same is very simple, which is to hide your browsing details. When you browse flight tickets or hotels online, the website that you visit saves your details of browsing. The website and travel agents use this data as a means for hiking the price of flights or hotels once they get to know your interest.
Book a Night Flight
Selecting an overnight flight has many advantages. At first, the check-in process becomes faster as there are very few people at night at the airport. Secondly, the flights at night are comparatively cheaper than flights at day time. As well as, if you are traveling to a different time zone, then you may reach your destination in the morning. This will give you more vacation time.
Do Smart Packing for Utilizing Maximum Space
There are a few simple hacks for packing that you can use for saving space in your suitcase and make a small room to get the souvenirs from your vacation destination:
- Start by placing small items first such as your socks inside your shoes and then keep them in the suitcase. In the same manner, wrap all the fragile items with t-shirts or socks for preventing their breaking.
- Rolling the clothes like t-shirts in place of folding them helps you to save a lot of space. Moreover, this method of packing as well prevents the crease and wrinkles. Useful cables like a charger for mobile and earphones, etc, easily fit in the case of the sunglasses. This not only prevents these cables from knotting but it as well keeps the carry-on case organized and compact.
- Last but not the least, do not forget to keep the laundry bags with you for organizing the dirty shoes and clothes in your suitcase. In this way, you will not risk dirtying all other items of your luggage.
Do Snacking Economically
Food at the airport and on flights is not only expensive but also does not satisfy. However, a solution to this problem is carrying your food on flights. Carry muesli or cornflakes with dried fruits and nuts as a snack that you can easily eat. If your requirement is more comforting food, then sandwiches are the best option. This will save your money as well as offer you the added benefit of eating something healthy.
Use Maps for Your Benefit
Before traveling to any city, it is suggested to download its map on your smartphone. This is because your phone’s GPRS functions without consuming your important mobile data. A map that is downloaded on your phone helps you to explore all the unfamiliar territories easily.
Try Not to Spend on Water
Water is the most essential thing especially when you are traveling but in most of the foreign countries and airports, it is overpriced. Therefore, it is suggested to carry a small water bottle with you. However, ensure this bottle is empty before passing the security checkpoint. This is because at security checkpoint they do not allow you to carry any liquid. But, after passing this point, you can easily refill your empty bottle as many times as you want from your hotel or water fountains.
Do Hotel and Car Booking Wisely
Ensure that you provide your flight number while booking a car on rent. This is because it gives an idea to the car agency about your flight and they keep themselves updated for the same. You do not need to coordinate with them when your flight gets rescheduled or delayed. For booking hotels online, all you need to do is to select the app or website that is offering you the best deal. Through the online reviews of the hotels, you can get to know whether it is worth spending money or not. Apart from this, most of the hotels now provide actual photographs of their rooms and other amenities on their websites. Do good research and select an option that best suits you.
Get a Travel Insurance Online
Apart from all the aforementioned traveling hacks, it is also recommended to have a travel insurance policy especially before leaving for a foreign land on a vacation. This is because an insurance plan is beneficial in case of trip cancellation, checked-in baggage loss, travel delay, and some plans even provide medical help in case of an accident or health issue while traveling. So, with all other expenses for your trip, keep some money for the travel insurance plan as well. There are many travel policies available online from which you can select the best and most suitable option. You can either purchase a family travel insurance policy or an insurance plan for yourself as per your requirement.
|You May like to Read: Best Travel Insurance|
Summing it Up!
With the aforementioned handy list of travel hacks, you can make sure that you will have a hassle-free and smooth journey whenever you will be traveling. In addition to this, with a travel insurance policy by your side, you can make sure that you are traveling safely as the expenses of most of the unwanted situation while traveling is taking care by it. So, pack your bags and keep traveling.
- Most Read
- 7 EU Countries & Switzerland Allow Indians Fully Vaccinated with Covishield to Visit
Date: 02 July 2021
- Ten Countries That Are Open for Indians to Travel Right Now
Date: 25 June 2021
- What Is Vaccine Passport? Reason Behind India Opposing The Idea At International Fora
Date: 23 June 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate to Get Linked to Your Passport
Date: 23 June 2021
- Don’t Forget to Buy Travel Insurance for Tokyo 2021 Olympics Trip
Date: 21 June 2021
- Best Travel Insurance Policies in India
Views : 69180
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 25652
- Best Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 21097
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 11885
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Views : 11845