You wanted to escape from your mundane and hectic schedule, and planned your vacation after a lot of consideration. While booking your travel tickets, you, possibly, thought that nothing problematic will happen. You are all set for this exciting trip; everything was fine including the weather, your health, the flights, but unexpectedly you happened to misplace your checked-in baggage along with your passport and visa credentials. What will you do in such a situation? To vade off this nightmare, it’s essential to have a travel insurance policy as a backup plan.Read more
Best Travel Insurance policies designed for all your needs.
Plans include global Covid-19 coverage
Now covers COVID-19
Life is unpredictable and to cover all your bases when you travel, you need a travel insurance policy. Whether you are traveling abroad or domestically, buying a travel insurance plan protects you from any damage or loss arising due to trip cancellation, flight delays, accidental injuries, medical emergencies and loss of passport or luggage. We are sure; none of you would want to spoil your travel due to any of these unforeseen circumstances, whether it is a personal, business or educational trip.
To emphasize, a travel insurance policy is no less than a friend, protecting you from every possible emergency situation during your travel. There are different travel insurance policies to meet the requirements of different customers. If anyone is travelling overseas for higher education, then he/she can take up student insurance. Similarly, there is corporate insurance for business trips, family insurance for family trips, senior citizen insurance for elderly parents, domestic and international travel insurance, medical travel insurance, individual/group travel insurance and single/multi trip insurance. It’s wiser to go prepared for any predicaments during your trip by opting for plans like the Tata AIG Travel Insurance plan.
1. Trip/flight cancellation and disruption cover - It is one of the most common anomalies which arises during trips. It can either be due to the carrier’s fault, a man-made disaster or even a natural calamity. In any of the cases, your policy protects you by initiating reimbursement or refund of your flight expenses. There are certain cases, where plans are cancelled or postponed due to sudden demise of a family member. What will happen to the money that you have spent on your travel itinerary? That is where the role of your travel insurance policy comes in; it secures the hard earned money that you have spent on your hotel and flights. If there is a flight delay, then also it provides cover for any additional money that is being spent on hotel and food, for that unplanned stay.
2. Health risk cover - Falling ill before a vacation can become a party pooper for everyone. The reason could be untimely medical impediments or physical injury, but if you have travel insurance you don’t need to fret. This will cover all your medical expenses arising on the trip. In case of students, it even reimburses any of your family members visiting you to help you out during your medical treatment. Dental injuries or minor treatments are also included. There are a number of other medical expenses that are covered under it, including cashless treatment in panel hospitals. For example, Tata AIG travel insurance plan gives you a medical cover up to USD 5 lakh and offers you seamless assistance over 130 countries.
3. Loss of baggage, passport and other belongings - During a trip, such an incident is probably one of the worst scenarios. Those who have their travel insurance sorted can be assured of reimbursement for any such loss or damage. If you happen to lose or misplace your baggage, your insurer will compensate you for the loss of your belongings up to the policy amount or also the loss of any documents which were seized with it. And the cost incurred in acquiring a new one will also be borne by your insurer. In the event of acquiring your luggage or any delays which have any personal effect on you, would be compensated to. This could be a great help for anyone who is travelling to a new place.
4. Emergency evacuation for medical purposes - Sometimes, a patient who is being treated in foreign land or hospitalized for emergency medical attention needs to be evacuated to his/her home country; in those cases, the insurance company would bear the emergency travel expenses. In case of accidental injuries, transportation expenses incurred from an accident site to the nearest hospital are also taken care of by the insurer.
5. Loss of money - Nobody can predict incidences of theft while travelling abroad or within the country. Losing your money or credit or debit cards can be a nightmare, especially at a new place, where you are not familiar with people around you. You cannot seek financial help from strangers; here’s where travel insurance can be of great help to you. Your insurance company would reimburse you for the loss or help you for the initial 12 hours post filing the complaint.
There are certain other inclusions like repatriation and hijack risk cover along with coverage from any legal liabilities during your travel.
You will meet new people; you will have different experiences and while you are cherishing all the moments, you wouldn’t want to spoil any of it with any unforeseen loss or damage, especially when it could be covered by travel insurance. Going ahead with the Tata AIG travel insurance can save you from the above mentioned risks