Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Overview
Bharti Axa travel insurance lets you stay protected when you are on foreign land. Bharti Axa travel insurance provides extensive coverage that will take care of all your needs from lost baggage, medical emergencies, financial emergencies etc. it enables you to choose from a plethora of offers and benefits and customize your plan appropriately. The key benefit of Bharti Axa travel insurance is that it provides coverage in case of any loss/damage to your home content while you are away from home on foreign land.
Enjoy a stress-free travel experience with Bharti Axa travel insurance. Get quotes promptly and discounts on travel insurance plan online from Bharti Axa.
Why Choose Bharti Axa Travel Insurance?
Travelling overseas is fun. Bharti Axa travel insurance ensures your safety throughout and provides the much-needed financial shield in case you face with an eventuality abroad. Here’s why you should consider Bharti Axa travel insurance:
- The insurer has its active presence in more than 130 countries globally, where you can avail cashless medical services.
- No medical test is required up to the age of 70 years, provided there is no record of a pre-existing health condition.
- 24x7 round the clock global assistance can be availed in case of an emergency
- The plans can be customized as per your travel requirement. Depending on the requirement of your destination country, the plans are categorised into Schengen and Non-Schengen plan. You can choose as per your needs.
- The policy can be availed as individual or floater sum insured basis
- With Bharti Axa travel insurance, you can ensure a financially secured trip at an affordable rate of premium.
Types of Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
Bharti Axa travel insurance can be categorised into the following types:
- Schengen Travel Insurance: 26 states of the European Union together make Schengen country, travelling to which requires Schengen visa. But without a Schengen travel insurance plan, you can’t apply for Schengen Visa. Bharti Axa travel insurance with Schengen cover helps you travel to these countries for either business purpose or vacation, without worrying about your financial safety.
- Annual Multi-Trip Insurance: This plan is suitable for those who travel frequently. It can be a business trip or leisure trip, annual multi-trip travel insurance comes in handy with many value deals. The plan can be bought for 30, 45 or 60 days depending on the travel requirements.
- Worldwide Overseas Travel Insurance Plan: This travel insurance is useful in travelling to non-Schengen countries. This is the most common type of insurance under Bharti Axa travel insurance. The plan comes with multiple variants to choose from as per your requirement. The policy can be bought online as well.
- Single Trip Insurance: This plan is suitable for those who travel once in a year and love to explore a new place. Depending on the destination, you can choose the insurance variant. Moreover, this plan can be availed irrespective of Schengen or non-Schengen destination and, also cost-effective than the other available plans under Bharti Axa travel insurance.
Bharti Axa Travel Insurance: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility to avail travel insurance from Bharti Axa is:
Minimum Entry Age for Non-Schengen plan
3 months to 85 years
Minimum Entry Age for Schengen plan
3 months to 60 years
3 months to 70 years
Based on merit (for the annual multi-trip)
Age group 60-85
Age group 60-70
Up to the age 23 years, under floater sum insured
Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Coverage
The insured is covered for the following risks while travelling under Bharti Axa travel insurance
- Medical Expenses: Travel insurance from Bharti AXA covers the insured for emergency medical expenses, including in-patient care, doctor’s fee, medicine cost, ICU cost, nursing cost, repatriation, and emergency medical evaluation.
- COVID-19 Treatment: The insurer provides coverage for the treatment of COVID-19 in case the insured is diagnosed with the disease while travelling.
- Dental Care Expenses: Medical expenses incurred due to the acute anaesthetic treatment of a natural tooth or teeth while travelling is covered.
- Personal Accident: The insurance provider compensates the insured for bodily injury due to an accident leading to permanent or partial disability, injury or death.
- Daily Allowance in Case of Hospitalization: Bharti AXA Travel Insurance pays a daily allowance for a specific number of days in case of hospitalization due to a medical emergency. The amount is based on the plan type chosen and the number of days the insured is hospitalized for.
- Loss of Important Documents: This travel insurance policy compensates for the expenses of issuing a duplicate passport in case of loss/theft of the original passport.
- Legal Expenses: Any legal liability arising out of accidental injury, damage or death to a third-party will be covered by Bharti AXA Travel Insurance.
- Trip Cancellation and/or Interruption: The insurer covers the non-refundable prepaid payments or any additional expenses incurred due to trip cancellation. Any medical issue of the insured leading to the cancellation of a planned trip is covered.
- Emergency Accommodation: In case of natural disasters, such as flood, earthquake, fire, hurricane, explosion, etc. if the insured is unable to stay in the booked accommodation, the expenses incurred due to availing an additional emergency accommodation will be compensated.
- Hijack Distress Allowance: In case of the hijack of a common carrier for specific hours, a distress allowance will be offered under Bharti AXA Travel Insurance.
- Home Fire Insurance (Contents): In case of any loss or damage of the things at home due to a fire incident will be covered, while the insured is away from homeland.
- Accidental Death & Permanent Total Disablement -Common Carrier: The policy compensates for the loss of life or permanent disability while travelling in a common carrier.
- Compassionate Visit: Bharti AXA Travel Insurance compensates the expenses of the close family members visiting the insured while he/she has been hospitalized for more than 7 days continuously. The policy covers the return airfare of the immediate family member as well as stay expenses.
- Missed Connection: In case the onward connecting flight of insured is missed due to the late arrival or cancel of connecting schedule flight, the additional expenses incurred will be covered by Bharti AXA Travel Insurance.
- Emergency Cash Allowance: In case of loss or theft, the insured is provided with emergency travel cash. It covers mugging, dacoity and/or robbery.
- Loss of Deposit or Cancellation - Hotel and Airline: Under Bharti AXA Travel Insurance, the insured is compensated for the loss of charges paid in advance or unavoidable cancellation of airline booking or hotel booking.
- Bail Bond: The policy also pays for the bail amount if the insured is arrested or detained. This benefit is offered for any bailable offence while on a trip.
Bharti Axa Travel Insurance: List of Exclusions
- Cosmetic surgery: Travel insurance policy does compensate for the expenses incurred in cosmetic surgery.
- Participation in Warfare: Bharti Axa travel insurance doesn’t offer insurance coverage for those who involve in any operation of Army, Navy or Air Force.
- Self-inflicted injury: Suicide, attempt to suicide, alcoholism, depression, or any direct/indirect loss due to death, illness, etc. is not covered under Bharti Axa travel insurance.
- Involvement in Risky Sports: Participating in adventurous sports such as mountaineering, scuba diving, paragliding, bungee jumping etc. are not covered unless specially mentioned in the policy documents.
- Non-Allopathic Treatment: Expenses incurred towards availing treatment under Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Sidha etc. are not covered.
- Medical expenses due to unproven treatment: If the insured is travelling without the consent of a doctor or is availing an unproven treatment.
- Limitations in medical expenditure: In case of pre-existing illness, no daily allowance will be provided.
- If the Treatment Could be Delayed: If the physician decides that the treatment could have been hold-up until the insured returns to India, no coverage will be given.
Bharti Axa Travel Insurance Claim
In case of an emergency, you can claim Bharti Axa travel insurance anytime. The policy is useful in claiming for cashless or reimbursement claim as per your convenient. Here’s how you can go with Bharti Axa travel insurance claim process:
Cashless Claims registration
- Immediately inform the insurer. You can contact on the 24x7 helpline. You can also contact the Travel Associate of Bharti Axa to process the claim fast.
- To avail the worldwide assistance reach to them at +844-691-8883 (for Canada), +844-691-8885(for the USA) or +91-120-4593503 (for the rest of the world, excluding Canada and USA).
- You can also register a claim by writing an email at bagi.travel[at]bhartiassistance.co.in
- The claim settlement officer will guide you about how to go with the Bharti Axa travel insurance claim. You can ether request for the claim form and download it from the official website.
- Fill in the claim form, attach all the supporting documents, and send it by email or fax.
- If it is a cashless claim, the insurance provider will directly settle the bills with the hospital authority
- When you avail the treatment form a non-network hospital abroad, pay the hospital’s bills on your own and register a reimbursement claim.
- Make sure all the reimbursement claims are informed within 7 days from the incident
- Send all the original documents including the bills and claim form
- In case of a non-network hospital, the insurer will settle the claim within 30 days from the date of submission of claim documents.
- If everything goes well, the insurer will compensate you within 21 days from receiving of all documents
- In case of claim rejection, a letter explains the reason for claim rejection will be sent to you.
Do's to Ensure Smooth Claim Process with Bharti Axa Travel Insurance
These will ensure faster claim settlement:
- Keep all the original receipts/bills of all purchase during your trip, especially the one that giving rise to claim.
- Inform the insurer immediately, explain the incident in detail ad mention the claim amount properly in the claim form.
- You can ask for a discount while availing medical consultation or hospitalisation
- Notify the insurer in case you receive an email from overseas hospital authority or recovery agency for payment
- Intimate the insurer about a medical evacuation or repatriation on time in order to get timely assistance
- Consult the insurer in case of medical evacuation or undergoing treatment in India. (Not in case of emergency)
Documents Required for Claiming Bharti Axa Travel Insurance
- Duly filled in claim form
- FIR in case of accidental/theft claim
- Policy document
- Original bills, receipt
- Discharge summary
- Doctor’s report sating about the type of illness or nature of the injury
*The insurer may ask for further documentation if required
How to Apply for Bharti Axa Travel Insurance?
Bharti Axa Travel Insurance can be bought online or offline. In order to ensure the best travel insurance policy online, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of the insurer
- Browse over the travel insurance plans available
- Ask for an insurance quote, calculate the premium
- Buy online if the suggest plan suits your requirement. You can pay the premiums online through credit/debit card or net banking
- Avail the policy document downloaded from the registered email id.
If you want to buy this policy offline, you can either take help from an insurance broker. Just make sure you are not being persuaded wrongly
Bharti Axa Travel Insurance Renewal
In order to renew Bharti Axa travel insurance online
- Visit the website of Bharti Axa
- Go to the renewal option
- Click on the type of policy
- Pay the premiums online
- Get the soft copy of the renewed policy mailed to your email Id and download it
Renew the policy by visiting the official website of Bharti Axa. You can pay the premiums through cash or cheque.
Bharti Axa Travel Insurance FAQs
Q1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
A: Bharti AXA Travel Insurance premiums can be paid in three ways
- Online Payment
- Auto Debit with a mandate
- Cash/ Cheque payment at banks
The insured can sign the mandate that the company provides at the time, the policy is signed. You can also rule out that and pay the amount directly to the account either by cheque or cash or by online banking mode.
Q2. What is the procedure to check policy status for Bharti AXA travel insurance?
A: The existing customer can directly go to the official website of Bharti Axa and provide the necessary details such as name, contact number, date of birth etc. You will notice a pop-up window showing your name and policy details. Just click on the Details tab. There you will find the last premiums payment date, the due date for the next premium and the number of payments to be paid. You can register your contact number as well to avail the updates on mobile. Thus, you can avail the details of the date and policy amount directly through SMS on your registered mobile number. So, whether it is student travel insurance plan or family travel insurance, get to know the status of your policy online instantly.
Q3. How to renew my Bharti AXA travel insurance? Can I renew it online?
A: Bharti Axa travel insurance can be renewed both online and offline. You will have to visit the official website and pay the premiums online to renew the policy. In order to pay it manually, visit the nearest branch, pay the premiums through cash or cheque and renew the policy.
The insurer usually informs you when the renewal date is due. Just keep a track of this to avoid the last-minute rush. You can also renew Bharti Axa travel insurance by approaching an agent. The agent will complete the formalities on your behalf by submitting the renewal application and premium.
Q4. What’s the procedure to settle Bharti AXA travel insurance claim?
A: Usually, Bharti Axa settles the claim within 7 days from the date of the incident. If you have opted for cashless medical assistance, you will get a travel card with the list of expenses covered starting from the nursing expenses. In the other case, the claim investigation officer will inspect the claim, make a report and basis on which, the claim will be settled accordingly. In case of an overseas claim, the insured can avail claim assistance form an associate service provider abroad to ensure a fast claim.
Q5. What is the process of cancelling travel insurance with Bharti AXA?
A: You can cancel Bharti Axa travel insurance within the free-look period of 15 days, from the date of policy initiation. A policy can be cancelled if the insured finds it inadequate. If you want to cancel it, inform the insurer and fill the policy cancellation form. You may submit some documents to initiate the process and wait for a month. The insurer will cancel the policy and the premium will be refunded as per the pro-rata base.
However, the free-look period is not applicable in case of a renewed policy.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Child Plans
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Faq
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Pension Plans
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Term Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Traditional Plans
- Aditya Birla Sun Life ULIP Plans
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Aegon Life Child Plans
- AEGON Life Life Faq
- Aegon Life Pension Plans
- Aegon Life Traditional Plans
- Aegon Life ULIP Plans
- Apollo Munich Personal Accident
- Aviva Child Plans
- Aviva Life Faq
- Aviva Pension Plans
- Aviva Term Insurance Plans
- Aviva Traditional Plans
- Aviva ULIP Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Child Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General FAQ
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Home Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Life Faq
- Bajaj Allianz Pension Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Personal Accident
- Bajaj Allianz Term Insurance Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Traditional Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz ULIP Plans
- Bharti AXA Car Insurance
- Bharti AXA Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Home Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Child Plans
- Bharti AXA Life Pension Plans
- Bharti AXA Life Traditional Plans
- Bharti AXA Life ULIP Plans
- Bharti AXA Personal Accident
- Bharti AXA Term Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance
- Canara HSBC Child Plans
- Canara HSBC Pension Plans
- Canara HSBC Term Insurance Plans
- Canara HSBC Traditional Plans
- Canara HSBC ULIP Plans
- Care Health Insurance
- Care Travel Insurance
- Chola MS Car Insurance
- Chola MS Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Home Insurance
- Cholamandalam Personal Accident
- DHFL Pramerica Pension Plans
- Digit Car Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Digit Home Insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Digit Two Wheeler Insurance
- Edelweiss Car Insurance
- Edelweiss Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Edelweiss Health Insurance
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Child Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Traditional Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life ULIP Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Term Insurance Plans
- Edelweiss Two Wheeler Insurance
- Exide Life Child Plans
- Exide Life Pension Plans
- Exide Life Term Insurance Plans
- Exide Life Traditional Plans
- Exide Life ULIP Plans
- Future Generali Car Insurance
- Future Generali Child Plans
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Future Generali Home Insurance
- Future Generali Pension Plans
- Future Generali Personal Accident
- Future Generali Term Insurance Plans
- Future Generali Traditional Plans
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- Future Generali ULIP Plans
- Godigit Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Travel Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Home Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Personal Accident
- HDFC Ergo Two Wheeler Insurance
- HDFC Life Child Plans
- HDFC Life Pension Plans
- HDFC Life Saral Jeevan Bima
- HDFC Life Term Insurance Plans
- HDFC Life Traditional Plans
- HDFC Life ULIP Plans
- ICICI Prudential Child Plans
- ICICI Prudential Life Faq
- ICICI Prudential Pension Plans
- ICICI Prudential Term Insurance Plans
- ICICI Prudential Traditional Plans
- ICICI Prudential ULIP Plans
- IDBI Federal Child Plans
- IDBI Federal Pension Plans
- IDBI Federal Term Insurance Plans
- IDBI Federal Traditional Plans
- IDBI Federal ULIP Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Home Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Personal Accident
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance
- IndiaFirst Child Plans
- IndiaFirst Pension Plans
- IndiaFirst Term Insurance Plans
- IndiaFirst Traditional Plans
- IndiaFirst ULIP Plans
- Kotak Life Child Plans
- Kotak Life Pension Plans
- Kotak Life Term Insurance Plans
- Kotak Life Traditional Plans
- Kotak Life ULIP Plans
- Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Liberty Car Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Liberty Two Wheeler Insurance
- LIC India
- Magma HDI Commercial Vehicle Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Personal Accident
- Max Life Child Plans
- Max Life Pension Plans
- Max Life Term Plans
- Max Life Traditional Plans
- Max Life ULIP Plans
- National Car Insurance
- National Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- National Insurance Company FAQ
- National Insurance Home Insurance
- National Insurance Personal Accident
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- National Two Wheeler Insurance
- Navi Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Navi Two Wheeler Insurance
- New India Assurance Car Insurance
- New India Assurance Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- New India Assurance Home Insurance
- New India Assurance Personal Accident
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Two Wheeler Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- Oriental Car Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Oriental Home Insurance
- Oriental Insurance Commercial Vehicle
- Oriental Insurance Personal Accident
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Oriental Two Wheeler Insurance
- PNB MetLife Child Plans
- PNB MetLife Pension Plans
- PNB MetLife Term Plans
- PNB MetLife Traditional Plans
- PNB MetLife ULIP Plans
- Pramerica Life Child Plans
- Pramerica Life Term Insurance Plans
- Pramerica Life Traditional Plans
- Pramerica Life ULIP Plans
- Raheja QBE Car Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Home Insurance
- Raheja QBE Personal Accident
- Reliance General Car Insurance
- Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Reliance General FAQ
- Reliance General Personal Accident
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Reliance Home Insurance
- Reliance Life Child Plans
- Reliance Life Faq
- Reliance Life Pension Plans
- Reliance Life Traditional Plans
- Reliance Life ULIP Plans
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Reliance Two Wheeler Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance FAQ
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Home Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Personal Accident
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- Sahara Life Child Plans
- Sahara Life Pension Plans
- Sahara Life Term Plans
- Sahara Life Traditional Plans
- Sahara Life ULIP Plans
- SBI Car Insurance
- SBI Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- SBI General Personal Accident
- SBI Health Insurance
- SBI Home Insurance
- SBI Life Child Plans
- SBI Life Pension Plans
- SBI Life Term Plans
- SBI Life Traditional Plans
- SBI Life ULIP Plans
- SBI Travel Insurance
- SBI Two Wheeler Insurance
- Shriram Car Insurance
- Shriram Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Shriram General Home Insurance
- Shriram General Personal Accident
- Shriram Life Child Plans
- Shriram Life Pension Plans
- Shriram Life Term Plans
- Shriram Life Traditional Plans
- Shriram Life ULIP Plans
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Star Travel Insurance
- Star Union Child Plans
- Star Union Pension Plans
- Star Union Term Plans
- Star Union Traditional Plans
- Star Union ULIP Plans
- Tata AIA Child Plans
- Tata AIA Pension Plans
- Tata AIA Term Plans
- Tata AIA Traditional Plans
- Tata AIA ULIP Plans
- Tata AIG Car Insurance
- TATA AIG Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Home Insurance
- Tata AIG Personal Accident
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
- United India Car Insurance
- United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- United India Personal Accident
- United India Travel Insurance
- United India Two Wheeler Insurance
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance
- Universal sompo commercial vehicle Insurance
- Universal Sompo Goods Carrying Vehicle
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Home Insurance
- Universal Sompo Householder's Insurance Policy
- Universal Sompo Passenger Carrying Vehicles
- Universal Sompo Personal Accident
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Two Wheeler Insurance
- Travel to UK after New COVID Strain and Travel Insurance
- 4 Pros & Cons of Travel Health Insurance That You Must Know
- Travelling to Germany? Check Out the Best Travel Insurance for Your Trip
- Popular Credit Cards in India with Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption Cover
- Top 5 Wedding Destinations in India
- 7 Foreign Holiday Destinations That You Can Visit Under Rs 8 Lakh
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator