Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Policy
The Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Policy, covers hospitalization charges and other medical expenses for the COVID 19 treatment expenses incurred by the insured. The Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Policy provides coverage against pre and post hospitalization charges, AYUSH treatment, and other expenses arising out of Covid-19 treatment. There is also an option of daily hospital cash in this plan.
The coverage offered under this policy are as mentioned below:
- COVID Hospitalization Expense Cover: The policy covers the policyholder's hospitalization expenses for Covid-19 treatment for a minimum of 24 hours' period.
- Home Treatment Cover: If a medical practitioner recommends home treatment, then the insurer will cover all treatment expenses related to COVID-19 will be covered for up to a maximum of 14 days.
- Pre-hospitalization Cover: The policy covers various treatment charges incurred by the patient before hospitalization, like consultation fees of a doctor, medical tests, and other such expenses for 15 days.
- Post-hospitalization Cover: The Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Policy covers various treatment charges incurred by the patient after hospitalization, like confirmatory tests and other such expenses for 30 days from the date of discharge from the hospital.
- No Deductible: There are no deductibles in this plan.
- ICU Expenses: This plan also covers the policyholder's ICU expenses for the treatment of COVID 19 in a registered hospital.
- Room Rent: There is no limit on room rent in this policy; however, one must be hospitalized for at least 24 hours, and one must opt for a single private room.
Inclusions of the Policy
The inclusions of Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Insurance Policy are:
- The plan covers the cost of road ambulance up to a maximum of Rs 2,000 per hospitalization.
- In-patient treatment is covered in this policy for hospitalization for at least 24 hours.
- Home care treatment expenditures for up to 14 days per person per treatment are covered.
- AYUSH Treatment Cover: Under this Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Health Insurance, various treatments like Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, and other such non-Allopathic treatments are covered. But treatment must be done from a registered hospital or medical center.
Exclusions of the Policy
The following are the exclusions of the Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Policy plan:
- There will be no reimbursements for the COVID 19 diagnosis before buying the policy.
- Any claim for a rest, cure, rehabilitation, and respite care will not be covered.
- Daycare and OPD (Outpatient Care) are not covered in this plan.
- Expenses which are related to unproven treatment, health services & supplies.
- Buying any supplements without a doctor's recommendation and prescription.
- Diagnostic and evaluation purpose treatments are not covered.
- Any preventive treatment like vaccines is not covered.
Features & Benefits of the Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Policy
The features and benefits of Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Policy are mentioned below:
- This plan covers co-morbidities, nursing, and surgeon's fees for Covid-19 related treatment.
- To buy Universal Sompo Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy, the policyholder needs to pay only a one-time premium.
- The tenure of the plan is as mentioned below-
- 3 ½ months or 105 days
- 6 ½ months or 195 days
- 9 ½ months or 285 days
- This is an indemnity based health insured plan.
- Hospital Cash Benefit: Under this benefit, the policyholder gets 0.5% of the sum insured per day up to 15 days. This is an optional coverage provided by Universal Sompo Health Insurance.
The minimum eligibility criteria to buy this policy are as mentioned below:
Minimum Entry Age
For adults - 18 years
For children - 1 day old
Maximum Entry Age
For adults - 65 years
For children- 25 years, if financially dependent on the parent
Number of people covered
Self, legally wedded spouse and dependent children, two parents and two parents-in-law
Indian citizens or Permanent Residents
Information on Cancellation of the Policy
If the person insured is not satisfied with the terms of the policy, then he/she may return the plan within 15 days from the date of commencement of the policy. All the premiums paid will be returned to the policyholder after deducting stamp charges, taxes, and other nominal charges.
Further, the insurer can also return or cancel the policy if the policyholder is found to disclose misleading information or non-disclosure of health facts when he/she claims by showing false documents.