Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies in India
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 15099 -
Updated date : 14 January 2020
Are you planning a vacation?
Just the mere thought of travelling to a destination enthrals you and you cannot resist than planning around the vacation, which leaves you excited. Though travelling has its pros you cannot deny the fact that emergencies can occur anywhere, anytime. Moreover, if an emergency occurs while you are travelling leading to a fiscal cost it might stress you and leave you worried.
This is the time is when having a travel insurance policy secures you and provides you with an umbrella cover from unforeseen emergencies. Therefore, while you are planning your trip, buying the right travel insurance policy should be on your priority ensuring a safe and hassle-free vacation. Gone are the days when buying an insurance policy was a tedious task. Living in the digital world, things have become convenient enough.
Now, in just a few clicks you can avail the right travel insurance policy from the travel insurance companies. With having, a plethora of travel insurance companies available in the market the best way to buy a travel insurance policy is to go online, compare the plans, customize and zero down the plan, which suits your prerequisites.
Picking the Best Travel Insurance Company
To ensure that you have the best travel insurance policy, take care of the following before you zero down a plan:
- Compare Travel Insurance Online: Today almost all the travel insurance companies are accessible online. It is to be noted that every travel insurance company will offer different plans. It is advisable to compare the benefits, cover, and compare the quotes offered by the different travel insurance company before you zero down a policy.
- Cover for Medical Expenses: In case if you do not know, medical expenses in European and American countries are on an expensive side and may easily create a hole in your pocket if you are not adequately secured. Therefore, It is advisable to go for a travel insurance company which offers plans specific to countries meeting the requirements.
- Analyze Different Features: In general, the travel insurance company offers almost similar features. However, the different travel insurance company offers additional coverage as well. Besides, it is better to look for additional covers and read it carefully. In case of any query, you can always take help from the customer care of the particular travel insurance company.
- Financial Capacity: Make this a thumb note of not going for in insurance company just because it is offering a low premium rate. Buying a travel insurance policy with inadequate benefits is not going to help you at times of emergencies. Therefore, it is necessary that before you zero down a plan the insurance company have a good name and value in the market. It is of prime importance that the insurance company has the capacity either to reimburse or pay off your bills when required.
- Rejection of Claim - The claim rejection ratio varies from insurer to insurer; therefore it’s advisable to go for the travel insurance company with a lower claim rejection ratio.
Different Type of Insurance Cover Based On Each of your Travel Requirements
Based on your travel requirements, the travel insurance companies offer different types of travel insurance cover, which are
- Domestic Travel Insurance - Domestic Travel Insurance in India is not given as much importance, as compared to international plans, but safeguarding yourself from risks that arise from domestic travel is a good idea. Especially, if you wish to secure yourself from personal as well as medical liabilities, during the travel time!
- International Travel Insurance - Besides other coverages, it gives you a comprehensive cover from the risk of a hijack, deportation, and also from medical and personal emergencies during your travel.
- Corporate Travel Insurance - There are corporate rules that have their employees insured for both domestic and international trips. This is to secure them from any travel related risks or uncertainties in future.
- Student Travel Insurance - This is for students who take admissions into renowned colleges and universities overseas for higher studies. If there is a loss of passport, any medical emergency, disruptions in their studies or any other mishap, then this policy will keep them covered and insured.
- Medical Travel Insurance - This is a short-term travel insurance plan. It, specifically, covers the health and medical expenses in case of a medical emergency and/or evacuation etc., when an individual travels overseas. The insurance provider will determine the exact inclusions and exclusions depending on the travel insurance plan you purchase.
- Family Travel Insurance - This insurance policy is best suitable for family international trips. Get your whole family insured from personal and travel related risks which may arise. Stay safe and at peace during your trip with this one.
- Senior Citizen Travel Insurance - Everyone deserves to have a pleasant trip without any disruptions and senior citizens are no exception. This plan is for the elderly within the age group of 61-70 years. As compared to normal plans, it also covers expenses for a dental cure and a provision of cashless hospitalization during that period.
- Individual/Group Travel Insurance - There are plans which provide cover to an individual from travel-related emergencies and also a group of people travelling together. Group insurance saves a lot of money on premium though.
- Single/Multi Trip Insurance - Single trip insurance is basically for people taking only one trip, and they want to safeguard themselves from any unforeseen circumstances during that single trip. Whereas, multi-trip is for frequent travellers to save them from personal and medical emergencies during the travel.
Top 10 travel insurance companies in India:
On the basis of the latest consumer surveys and customer feedback, here is our list of the 10 best major travel insurance companies in India:
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance is renowned for its ability and stability to meet
- Accredited with iAAA rating from ICRA.
- Security of baggage loss, flight delays, loss of passport
- Covers personal and medical emergencies during the travel
- Cashless hospitalization abroad
- The Easy and seamless claim settlement process
- In your absence, if there is any burglary attempt, it is also covered
- You can pay through any payment method suitable
Religare Travel Insurance:
- Religare travel insurance offers outpatient and inpatient treatment, while you’re abroad.
- This insurance policy covers expenses incurred while in case of contingency evacuation and transportation of the insured to a medical facility within the network of the company.
- The policy also covers the pre-existing ailments, in case it is any life-threatening medical condition, which requires immediate attention.
- Expenses incurred from the arrangement of transportation of the immediate member of the family for a concerned visit to the current location of the policyholder are also covered.
- The policy provides daily allowance throughout the stay of the insured at the hospital; so as to pay for several expenses including meals, transportation, communication, etc.
- Expenses incurred during getting a fresh or duplicate passport/replacement of a lost passport are also covered under this policy.
- Personal accident cover
- Expenses incurred from the delay in the journey due to certain reasons are also covered. It also covers all the expenses incurred from interruption or cancellation of a trip.
- Round the clock support and assistance
- It also offers coverage for all the expenses incurred due to loss of baggage, which was on-board.
- It also covers the insured for medical procedures in the home country.
- You can choose from these four plans namely - Travel Guard, Student Guard, Asia Travel Guard Policy and Domestic Travel Guard Policy
- Overseas cover from hospitalization expenses, misplacement of baggage or loss of passport, flight cancellation and so on
- Personal Accident Cover
- Sponsor protection for students
- Asia Travel Guard Policy: It provides 24-hour personal accident cover up to the amount of USD 15,000 as well as compensation for the expenses incurred while acquiring a duplicate or new passport.
- Domestic Travel Guard Policy gives you cover from hotel expenses arising due to trip delays, missed flights etc.
- Feel safe and financially secured with Apollo Munich Travel Insurance plan, especially when you are travelling overseas
- There is a separate plan for individuals, families, senior citizens and for multi-trips. Simply pick the one which works for you.
- Personalized plans which are within your means
- Get comprehensive cover from medical emergencies
- The Automatic policy extension feature
- There is no upper age limit for the insurer
- It is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company providing customized travel insurance plans to meet its customer’s needs
- It is for travellers between the age of 6 months-80 years of age
- You can pick from a number of travel insurance plans for overseas and domestic travel, Schengen travel, multi-trip or group plans as well
- Easy customer support round the clock
- Affordable plans
- The age limit for travellers under this plan is 3 months to 60 years
- It compensates you for any loss that may arise during the course of your complete trip
- It secured you from uncertainties at a nominal cost
- There are different plans to meet up your requirements, depends if you are travelling as an individual, with family or going for multiple trips, there is a unique plan for every situation
- Assured cover from medical repatriation in case of death or extreme circumstances
- Any loss of life or damage incurred from the personal accident is covered
- Do not fret even if you happen to misplace your passport or any other important documents which were required for travel purposes
- Loss of checked-in baggage is also covered
- It secures you from any illness or accident, involving medical costs, outpatient, inpatient costs, treatment costs and medical screening costs in other countries
- You can select from Individual and family travel insurance policy and student Suraksha policy.
- Get comprehensive cover from risks while you are on a vacation or a business trip
- Buying the policy online is an easy and quick process
Digit Travel Insurance:
- Digit travel insurance comes with zero deductibles, which means while filing a claim, you don’t have to pay anything.
- Digit Travel Insurance offers cover for adventure sports such as diving, bungee jumping, or scuba diving.
- It has quick, easy and smart-phone enabled claim process, which means it doesn’t require any paperwork. You just need to upload your required documents while filing a claim.
- It gives you a missed call facility. You just have to give a missed call on +91-124-6174721 and you’ll get a call back from the insurer in 10 minutes.
- Approved by Schengen Authority, Digit Travel Insurance Policy covers the pre-existing ailments.
- Royal Sundaram covers medical expenses including hospitalisation expenses, OPD, local emergency medical transportation, doctor’s fees, and medical services for any injury or ailment sustained while you’re abroad.
- It offers sickness dental relief.
- The policy comes with daily cash allowance in the event of hospitalisation for more than 2 days.
- An Emergency cash advance is offered by the policy.
- Automatic extension of the policy for up to seven days.
- Loss of luggage is also covered under this policy.
- Catastrophe evacuation and political risk are also covered under the travel secure policy.
- Sum assured can be from USD 50,000- USD 5,00,000 in case of medical costs arising from repatriation and evacuation of the traveller.
- Personal accident cover of up to USD 25,000
- Reimbursement for home burglary, flight cancellation or delay, trip cancellation or delay, loss of checked baggage, hijack cover, medical and hospitalization expense cover of up to USD 2000.
- Worldwide risk cover
- 24*7 emergency support services
- Hassle free cashless transactions
The best travel insurance company can be chosen on the premise of the reputation the company has in the market and the kind of product and services it has to offer including the benefits, inclusions and exclusions. There is no particular best travel insurance company. To put it logically, any travel insurance company offering the plan, which suits your prerequisites in the best possible way, is the best travel insurance company.
You can’t only consider the sum assured or the premium which will go out of your pockets, but also, risks and uncertainties are given a cover under the chosen travel insurance plan. If you look into the above-mentioned points, you would be able to decide which travel insurance plan or company seems to fit with your travel needs. It is advisable to compare travel insurance plans online from different sites, and based on your research and considerations, you can make the final decision.
- Most Read
- 8 Tips You Need to Know Before Buying a Travel Insurance for the UK
Date: 14 January 2020
- When Is It Ideal to Buy Annual Travel Insurance?
Date: 27 December 2019
- How Does Travel Insurance Helps During Trip Delay & Cancellation?
Date: 29 November 2019
- Why Should You Buy Baggage Insurance for Your Next Trip?
Date: 19 November 2019
- 10 Factors to Consider While Selecting your Thailand Travel Insurance
Date: 01 November 2019
- 5 Best Travel Insurance Policies in India 2020, Risk-Proof Your Next International Trip
Views : 53612
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 16089
- Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 15099
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 9421
- Top 5 Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 9155
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator