- Worldwide Cashless Hospitalization Worldwide
- Premium Starts at as low as ₹300
- Covers for Loss of Baggage & Passport
- Covers Flight Delays & Cancellation
We promise limited calls
ICICI Lombard to Tie up with Redbus.in for its Domestic Travel Insurance Business
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3493 -
Modified 18 June 2014
ICICI Lombard has decided to tie up with the Indian bus ticket booking platform redbus.in to offer domestic travel insurance to the bus commuters.
ICICI Lombard and redbus.in have come together to offer domestic travel insurance policy to all the commuters availing bus as the medium to travel within India. All the commuters booking their travel through redbus.in shall be getting an option to purchase the online insurance cover and secure their bus travel.
Customers shall get reimbursed for any hospitalization expense that they might incur due to any injury occurring during the travel. Additionally some of the major insurance benefits include personal accident cover and a daily allowance. An amount of Rs 10 shall be charged as a premium for availing the insurance benefits for one-way travel and the premium shall not change basis the ticket price or the itinerary. Simply ticking on the option “Buy bus travel insurance” while making a ticket booking at redbus.in, is what a consumer has to do to avail the insurance benefits. Hospitalization expenses of up to Rs 20,000, a personal accident cover of Rs 5 lakhs and Rs 500 per day as a daily allowance (except for the first 24 hours) in case of hospitalization for a maximum of 7 days are the insurance cover benefits a consumer could avail through this insurance.
As told by Mr. Sanjay Dutta, Chief - Underwriting and Claims, ICICI Lombard General Insurance - Bus commuters can avail a lot of insurance benefits related to their bus travel including hospitalization expenses reimbursement, personal accident cover and daily allowance in case of hospitalization arising out of any injury.
Headquartered in Bangalore, redbus.in serves as an online platform for more than 2000 private bus operators across the country along more than 80,000 routes countrywide.
According to Ashish Kashyap, this unique partnership with ICICI Lombard has been able to offer a valuable proposition to their online community. Addition of this feature shall expand the umbrella of value adding features already having ratings, reviews and the bus tracking services under it.
- Most Read
- Save Smartly While Planning Your Next Trip
Date: 15 December 2017
- Here are 12 Money Saving Tips for students for Their Travel Plans
Date: 12 December 2017
- What is the Risk of Going for a Tour without Travel Insurance?
Date: 07 December 2017
- Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies in India
Date: 06 December 2017
- Planning an Adventure Trip? Here are 10 Handy Tips for You
Date: 28 November 2017
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 13798
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 9804
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 9535
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 6317
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 5434