ICICI Lombard to Tie up with Redbus.in for its Domestic Travel Insurance Business
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 5396 -
Updated date : 18 June 2014
ICICI Lombard has decided to tie up with the Indian bus ticket booking platform redbus.in to offer domestic travel insurance to the bus commuters.
ICICI Lombard and redbus.in have come together to offer domestic travel insurance policy to all the commuters availing bus as the medium to travel within India. All the commuters booking their travel through redbus.in shall be getting an option to purchase the online insurance cover and secure their bus travel.
Customers shall get reimbursed for any hospitalization expense that they might incur due to any injury occurring during the travel. Additionally some of the major insurance benefits include personal accident cover and a daily allowance. An amount of Rs 10 shall be charged as a premium for availing the insurance benefits for one-way travel and the premium shall not change basis the ticket price or the itinerary. Simply ticking on the option “Buy bus travel insurance” while making a ticket booking at redbus.in, is what a consumer has to do to avail the insurance benefits. Hospitalization expenses of up to Rs 20,000, a personal accident cover of Rs 5 lakhs and Rs 500 per day as a daily allowance (except for the first 24 hours) in case of hospitalization for a maximum of 7 days are the insurance cover benefits a consumer could avail through this insurance.
As told by Mr. Sanjay Dutta, Chief - Underwriting and Claims, ICICI Lombard General Insurance - Bus commuters can avail a lot of insurance benefits related to their bus travel including hospitalization expenses reimbursement, personal accident cover and daily allowance in case of hospitalization arising out of any injury.
Headquartered in Bangalore, redbus.in serves as an online platform for more than 2000 private bus operators across the country along more than 80,000 routes countrywide.
According to Ashish Kashyap, this unique partnership with ICICI Lombard has been able to offer a valuable proposition to their online community. Addition of this feature shall expand the umbrella of value adding features already having ratings, reviews and the bus tracking services under it.
- Most Read
- Your Reasons to Buy Domestic Travel Insurance
Date: 19 February 2019
- Diwali Bonanza by IRCTC: Travel Safe with ‘Travel Rail Insurance’ @ just 1 Paisa
Date: 02 November 2018
- Travel Insurance for Domestic Vacations
Date: 24 July 2018
- A List of Exclusions for Travel Insurance in India
Date: 23 July 2018
- How Late Can I Purchase Travel Insurance?
Date: 16 July 2018
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 15447
- Should Senior Citizen Travellers Buy Domestic Travel Insurance Plans?
Views : 7524
- Claim Settlement Guide for Domestic Travel Insurance
Views : 7319
- Baggage Insurance For Indian Railways - A Welcome Move
Views : 5310
- Busting Common Myths about Domestic Travel Insurance
Views : 3792
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator