- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Critical Illness Insurance - Errors To Avoid
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3398 -
Modified 15 November 2016
Are you also the one standing in the crowd of people who have health insurance policy but don’t understand the process of availing their critical illness insurance policy’s functioning? It is obligatory to figure out the apt meaning and benefits of critical illness cover instead of living in some misconception and letting the benefits go in vain.
Generally people are unaware that this policy only repays for the treatment of life-threatening serious diseases like-cancer, heart stroke, paralysis, organ transplant, disability etc. It is essential to know every minute detail before signing up for the above.
The cover actually protects your pocket during the treatment of critical illness by providing a lump sum amount, if insurer is diagnosed for the same. Apart from medical benefits, this policy plays a big role for people under mortgage loan. This payment can clear the leftover mortgage balance thereby leaving no burden for the dependants.
It is necessary to inform your insurer about your family medical history and pre-existing conditions so that you don’t have any sorts of confusion with your cover. One might even need to undergo medical test. And the rate of premium would be dependent upon your age and medical conditions.
It gives you the option to select the premium amount and choose out of the fixed and reviewable type. The fixed rates might not attract you at first because of the higher amount but they are sure to stay stagnant and give you a peace of mind.
Numerous people carry a misconception that after the diagnoses of specific illness, a claim can be registered but the insurers impose some sort of severity level on the illness condition detected and applicable for claim. Diseases like cancer are not entertained at first stage for claim settlement. Actually all such details are mentioned clearly in the exclusion segment by the insurer before one sign up for the cover.
It is the responsibility of an individual to read the prints and enter the correct information related to his medical problems, as later declaration might not provide you an option to change things.
- Most Read
- Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan: What to Buy?
Date: 22 March 2018
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
Date: 28 February 2018
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India
Date: 21 February 2018
- Top 5 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Date: 21 February 2018
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
Date: 20 February 2018
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 428711
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 235337
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 162258
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 123404
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 83603