Visitor Insurance USA
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 201 -
Updated date : 05 March 2020
Visitor insurance USA is important to secure you from any financial implications that may incur while you are travelling to the USA.
Visitor insurance for the USA provides complete protection to all the visitors or any Non-American citizen with health, accidents and travel insurance coverage so they need not worry for the expenses, which might incur in case of any emergency.
Travelling to the USA is an expensive affair and it is smart to purchase visitor insurance USA as the medical treatment in the USA costs high. Buying travel insurance for USA visitors should be at the top of the travel itinerary.
To travel to the USA you would require the correct type of US visa. Once you obtain the US visa, buy comprehensive travel insurance for the USA and enjoy every moment of your trip.
Inclusions Under Visitor Insurance USA
Visitor insurance for the USA should include adequate coverage if you get unexpectedly sick or injured while visiting the United States of America. Depending upon what is imperative for you to be covered, it is better and advisable to tailor your plan.
Listed below is some coverage, which you might consider while buying visitor insurance for the USA:
- Personal Accident: Under any adverse situation, if the policyholder gets injured or meets with an accident during the US trip then any expenses incurred towards the medical treatment for the same will be covered.
- Personal Liability: In case, the insured causes any loss or damage to the third-party property or person during the US trip, which leads to any legal liability, this will get covered.
- Medical Expenses: Any fiscal cost incurred as a result of a sudden sickness/illness or bodily injury to the policyholder in regards to the treatment perspective will be covered under the visitor insurance USA.
- Dental Expenses: In case of acute pain relief towards any dental problems during the US trip, will get covered under this policy.
- Daily Cash Allowance: If the insured gets hospitalized at any of the local dispensaries or the hospitals in the USA to avail any medical treatment because of an incurred injury or sickness, a lumpsum amount shall be provided to the insured to meet the daily expenses.
- Compassionate Visit: If the insured is hospitalised in the USA for a longer period, one of the family members is permitted to travel to the USA. The cost incurred towards travelling and accommodation will be covered under the policy.
- Medical Evacuation: On the off chance, the insured encounters an emergency circumstance while on the US trip and requires to be evacuated based on medical grounds to any nearby hospital, the insurance company will arrange for the equivalent and cover the cost incurred towards emergency air or road services.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains: An eventuality occurs at any point in time. In an adverse situation where the insured passes away during the USA trip due to an accident or an illness, the expenses incurred to send back the mortal remains to the home country will get covered.
- Loss of Passport: There are possibilities that the policyholder might lose the passport. Under such a situation, the insurance company will provide cover to obtain a new duplicate passport.
- Loss/Delay of Checked-in Baggage: In case of complete loss of the baggage, the insurance company will pay the insured with the actual cost of the lost items. On the other hand, if the baggage gets delayed by the airline on, which the insured is travelling, the insurance provider will reimburse the amount incurred on buying the utilities, which were important such as the medicines, clothes and so on.
- Trip Delay: On the off chance, if the policyholder needs to delay the US trip because of some important reason, the insurance provider will cover for the incurred loss.
- Trip Cancellation: Due to any emergency, if the policyholder needs to cancel the US trip the insurer will take care of the pre-booked expenses along with the non-refundable cost.
- Emergency Trip Extension: There is a certain possibility that the airline might ask the insured to extend his US stay due to some unavoidable emergency. In such a scenario, the insurance provider will extend the visitor insurance USA till the time the insured lands back safely at the home country.
- Emergency Cash Assistance: During the trip, if the policyholder loses all the money/cash due to theft, robbery or any other reason as specified under the policy schedule, the insured is liable to receive emergency cash.
- Hijack Distress Allowance: In case the flight gets hijacked in, which the insured is travelling, the insured will receive compensation for the distress caused.
- Bail Bond: Under a perilous situation, if the policyholder or the insured get arrested by the US police, the insurer will arrange for the money required for the process of bail.
Additional Covers That Can be Opted Under Visitor Insurance USA
- Adventure Sports: There is a possibility that you might want to try any sports or adventure activity. Most of the insurance providers do not offer coverage for the same in general inclusions. However, you may benefit the same by availing an add-on the cover and paying a little extra amount.
- Value-Added Services: While the insured is enjoying the US trip, back at home the family might need some kind of financial assistance under situations such as to get an automotive repaired or any medical concierge, and so on. This cover will take care of the needs of the family even when the policyholder is not around.
- Home Insurance: While you are a distant land like the USA it is possible that back at home in an unfortunate accident your home catches fire or a robbery occurs at your dwelling. Having additional home insurance or burglary cover will take care of your worries and will not leave you in a state of stress or panic.
Exclusions Under Visitor Insurance USA
Listed below are some contingencies, which are not covered under visitor insurance USA:
- Pre-existing Ailment: If the insured gets hospitalized in the US for the treatment of any pre-existing disease or ailment, then no cover will be provided.
- Cosmetic Treatment: Any cost incurred due to a cosmetic or obesity treatment by the insured in the US will not be covered under the policy.
- Self-inflicted Injury: In case of self-inflicted injury, which leads to monetary expense during the US trip is generally excluded under the insurance policy.
- Illegal Driving: Any loss/damage incurred wherein it is found that the driver or the insured was under the influence of alcohol or had consumed drugs, which lead to this accident, no cover will be provided.
- Act of War: In case the policyholder suffers a loss or damage under an act of terrorism, no cover shall be provided under such a contingency.
- Breach of Law: Any claims arising due to incurred loss/damage by the policyholder, who violated the laws in the USA, is excluded under the travel insurance policy USA.
Features of Buying Travel Insurance for USA Visitors from India
The following are some features of buying travel insurance for USA visitors from India:
- Cashless Hospitalization: Under any unfortunate circumstance, if you get sick/ill or injured and you are hospitalized then you need not pay any bills at the time of discharge. Today, most of the insurance companies from India offer cashless hospitalization benefit wherein the insurance company takes care of the cost and settles it directly with the hospital provided the treatment is taken under any of the network hospitals.
- No Pre Health Check-up: Most of the insurance providers offer visitor insurance USA without asking the insured traveller to go through any pre-policy medical check-up. It is possible that this feature might be available for the travellers up to a specified age limit and could vary from the insurer to insurer.
- No Deductible: There are insurance companies who offer travel insurance for USA visitors with zero deductible features. This implies that the policyholder will not have to pay any sort of claim amount during the time of settling the claim.
- Extension of the Policy: In case you wish to extend your visitor insurance for the USA you may do so. Most of the insurance providers offer an automatic extension of the policy, which could be up to 7 days. Besides, the policyholder may also extend or renew the travel insurance for the USA for up to 365 days.
- Round-the-Clock Assistance: Buying a visitor insurance USA from India provides 24X7 support wherein in case of occurrence of any sort of emergency at any point of time, the insured can always get in touch with the insurance company for any assistance.
- Peace of Mind: Possessing a valid visitor insurance USA gives you a sense of satisfaction and peace of mind and lets you enjoy the trip without worrying about the monetary expenses that may occur and put you in a state of stress. For instance, in case your parents are travelling to the USA, then buy the best travel insurance for parents visiting the USA without a fail.
How to Buy USA Visitor Insurance Online?
Buying travel insurance for the USA is providing a layer of protection to your trip. Today, buying visitor insurance USA is no more a hassle.
You can buy the best visitor insurance USA online by visiting the website of the insurance company from, which you intend to buy the policy. Moreover, you may also buy the visitor insurance USA by taking the help of an insurance aggregator like Policybazaar.com.
Policybazaar.com is a platform, which will help you to compare various travel insurance plans and assist you to zero down the visitor insurance policy, which caters to your travel requirements. Once you select down a specific visitor insurance USA plan, all you need to do is complete the proposal form and then make the payment of the travel insurance premium online. After this, you will obtain your travel insurance for the USA.
Best Travel Insurance For USA Visitors From India
In the below table, is the list of insurance companies providing best visitor insurance for the USA from India:
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
Contact Details of Insurance Companies For Claims
In the below grid, is the list of contact numbers of different travel insurance providers that you may contact in case of any assistance required in terms of policy servicing and claims:
HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich)
Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance
Religare Travel Insurance
+ 8443013135/ +18443013146
Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
Shriram Travel Insurance
TATA AIG Travel Insurance
- Most Read
- Travel Insurance and Coronavirus: All You Need To Know About Covid-19
Date: 24 March 2020
- What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
Date: 11 March 2020
- Coronavirus Travel Advisory: All you Need to Know!
Date: 06 March 2020
- Discover the Best of Australia With Visitor Insurance Australia
Date: 05 March 2020
- Is Visitor Insurance Canada Missing On Your Travel Itinerary for Canada?
Date: 28 February 2020
- 5 Best Travel Insurance Policies in India
Views : 59757
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 19406
- Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 16765
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 9853
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Views : 9667
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator