Single Trip Travel Insurance
With so many travel deals being introduced in the market, the tourism industry is romping up every year. For travel enthusiasts, the options are increasing like never before. So many people are travelling extensively to different places for leisure, work, and educational purposes or just to satiate their wanderlust. It is exciting to plan vacations to new destinations. But, if one thing goes wrong, it can disrupt your entire trip. Incidences like flight curtailment or cancellation, loss of checked baggage or passport, medical emergencies or a worst case scenario like plane hijack can wreak havoc on your travel plans.
Unlike India, the cost of medical treatment is exorbitantly high in foreign countries. Even a small dental ailment can cost you a fortune. To avert such incidents during an overseas trip, even if it is a short one, it is imperative to have yourself covered with a single trip travel insurance policy. You can also buy a comprehensive plan for an extensive cover against any loss or damage during the trip.
For non-frequent travelers, buying a single trip travel insurance policy will be adequate. Provided by all the insurance providers in India, single trip travel insurance policy will offer protection against major troubles and will also help in reducing your premium costs.
Understanding Single Trip Travel Insurance Policy
As the name suggests, a single trip travel insurance policy provides coverage for one domestic or international trip. The policy will last until you return home from your trip. All insurance companies have a cap on the number of days that are to be counted as a single trip.
If you are planning to take only one vacation in a year, then a single trip insurance plan is the best fit. If you are planning to travel frequently, you should go for multi-trip insurance. An annual travel insurance policy will offer your coverage for an entire year from the date your policy starts.
Single Trip Travel Insurance Policy Inclusions:
Some of the policy inclusions of a single travel insurance policy are mentioned below.
- Loss of checked-in baggage, personal belongings, and travel documents
- Trip cancellation and disruption cover
- Loss of passport; assistance in acquiring a duplicate passport
- Medical expenses in case of emergency hospitalization and accidental injury
- Emergency cash assistance in case of theft or loss of baggage
- Compensation for delay of connecting flights ( beyond 12 hours)
- Delay in reception of the checked-in baggage ( more than 12hours)
- Home burglary cover during your absence
- Emergency evacuation due to medical purposes and political risks
- Accidental death cover while using a public transport
- Medical cover for emergency repatriation
- Provision for Compassionate visit
- Emergency dental cover
- Personal liability cover
- Hijack risk cover
All the policy inclusions are in adherence to the policy terms and conditions.
Single Trip Travel Insurance Policy Limitations:
The insurance policy will not cover the below-mentioned circumstances-
- Any Ayurvedic, homeopathic and/or naturopathic treatment
- Pre-existing diseases will not be given a cover
- Any type of venereal diseases, sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS are not covered.
- Accidental injuries resulting from adventure sports or life-threating activities taken up by the policyholder
- Claims arising due to damage caused by nuclear radiation and weapons
- Any loss or damage resulting from mental illness, anxiety, depression and/or intoxication
- If you fail to report the loss of baggage, passport or travel document to the concerned authorities on time, then it will not be admissible under single trip travel insurance. If you leave your belongings unattended and you lose them as a result, then it will not be compensated either.
Before making the purchase, please cross check all the policy exclusions with a representative of the travel insurance company.
Understanding the Single Trip Travel Insurance Policy Claims Procedure:
- For filing the claim, you should inform your insurance company via e-mail, fax or its helpline number.
- The policyholder needs to submit a duly filled insurance claim form to the insurance company.
- Your insurance company will inform you about all the supporting documents that are required from your end to initiate the claim process. These documents are based on the type of accident and the nature of the claim.
- For speedy settlement, it’s advisable that you keep handy your insurance documents, personal documents, a copy of the policy, medical bills, boarding pass, passport, original bills, doctor’s prescriptions, and first information report copy.
Please read the policy documents carefully before buying a single travel insurance policy.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 28 August 2019