- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 16/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 7 Lac+Families Secured
Term Insurance Benefits
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 9240 -
Updated date : 29 August 2019
You are driving your brand new car on a highway. Singing along the latest tune playing on your car’s radio, suddenly you see a person trying to cross the road. In an attempt to save his life, you risk your life and apply sudden breaks. And then… you can further conclude the story. Eventuality can happen anytime, anywhere and with anyone. With term insurance benefits, coping with these eventualities become less of a financial challenge.
Pure Term insurance is known as a pure risk cover plan. A risk cover plan because it helps you mitigate the financial problems associated with any life threat arising to you. Term life insurance not only it mitigates the risk but it also helps your loved ones to overcome that financial trauma which has arisen because of that particular risk.
The risk cover in term life insurance is commonly known as Sum Assured, which is pre determined amount of money which is paid to the designated nominee on demise of life assured. The risk cover of the term life insurance lasts till the end of policy period which could be as long as 35 years.
Why Buy Term Insurance?
Everybody believes nothing can happen to them, Moreover, the insurance buyers can also make use of term insurance calculator in order to determine the exact amount of premium they will be required to pay towards the policy. However, there is always that element of concern or risk which prevails that, ‘What If?’ The term life Insurance is specifically bought to cover this concern of ‘What If?’ and all the financial trauma arising out of that risk.
Benefits of Term Insurance
The need to buy term insurance could be differentiated from a person to person, but the most common term insurance benefits which influence an individual to buy a Term Insurance plan could be defined as:
- Term Life Insurance for a Secured Family: If you are the sole bread earner of your family, term life insurance is must for you. In case something happens to you, the term life insurance policy will pay the cover to your loved ones. Through the term life insurance option, there would be no financial burden in your absence and your family could carry on their lifestyle.
- Safeguard Against Liabilities through Term Life Insurance: During our lives we take on a lot of liabilities to buy our home, buy a brand new car, etc. Many of these liabilities are usually paid over a period of time and in-case something happens to you the burden to repay these responsibilities comes directly on your family unless you have term life insurance. A term life insurance arms your dependents to manage aforesaid financial problems.
- Nuclear Families Benefit a Lot through Term Life Insurance: Unlike old times, there are far less joint families. These days, the only support system to your family could be you. If your don’t buy term life insurance, in your absence, circumstances could get very tough to handle. Term life insurance deals with any financial repercussions in your absence.
- Term Life Insurance is Cheap: Unlike any other life insurance product you can buy term insurance plan very cheaply, e.g., a risk cover of Rs. 50 Lakhs for a Male age 25yrs could be as low as Rs. 4184 annually, i.e., less than Rs. 12per day. If you buy term life insurance early, the monthly premium can also come down.
- Tax Benefits of Term Insurance: A term insurance policy provides tax benefit under two different sections of the Income Tax Act. These sections are:
- Section 80C- Under this section of Income Tax Act, you can avail term insurance benefit on taxability of income on the premium paid towards the policy. The premium paid towards term insurance, up to maximum limit of Rs.1.5 Lakhs are eligible for tax exemption U/S 80C of IT Act 1961.
- Section 10(10D) - The maturity benefit offered by some of the term insurance policy are also eligible for tax exemption under section 10(10D) of Income Tax Act 1961.
How Much Term Life Insurance Cover do I Need?
The general Thumb rule says a person should buy term insurance cover which is 8 times the annual income, i.e., if I today earn Rs. 5Lacs per annum then the amount of Term insurance Cover chosen should be around 40 Lacs.
Many term Insurance plans also offer you a possibility to increase your sum assured to an X% year on year, thus keeping you adequately insured. In order to calculate a more accurate value you can log on to www.policybazaar.com and check your exact term insurance cover requirement by using our term insurance calculator.
- Most Read
- Married Woman Property Act, 1874
Date: 15 October 2019
- Benefits of LIC Tech Term Plan
Date: 06 September 2019
- Should Retirees Buy Term Insurance?
Date: 04 September 2019
- How to Surrender Term Insurance when I have No Liabilities
Date: 03 September 2019
- Can Women Purchase Term Insurance Plans?
Date: 01 July 2019
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India 2019
Views : 878286
- Best Term Insurance Cover of Rs 1 Crore
Views : 310124
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana – Features, Benefits and Eligibility
Views : 146825
- Best Term Insurance Plans in 2019
Views : 128648
- All About Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Views : 83223
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator