Does Travel Insurance Cover Illness?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1149 -
Updated date : 21 May 2019
Why Travel Insurance is Important?
Travel insurance covers various kinds of risk factors. The purpose of travel insurance is to provide insurance coverage for unpleasant experiences during travel. Even though you take the best possible precautions, you can’t keep all the unfavourable situations at bay. If you fall sick before your trip starts, you can cancel the trip. However, if your trip has started, you will have to bear the medical treatment costs. The travel insurance policy will compensate for the loss as per the terms and conditions of the policy. The sudden sickness during the journey will be covered by the travel insurance policy so that you don’t have to worry about hospitalization expenses.
Customization of the Travel Insurance Plan
A travel insurance plan can be customized as per the needs of the insurance buyer in a very efficient manner. Travel insurance companies offer various kinds of policies to fulfil the insurance needs of insurance buyers. You should choose features that are relevant to your needs. If you opt for unnecessary add-ons, the insurance premium will increase.
Compare Travel Insurance Plans Online
Before buying a travel insurance plan, you should compare various kinds of travel insurance plans offered by different companies. The features and coverage vary from one policy to another policy, having said that, the insurance premium is computed as per the opted features and coverage.
Add-on Coverage Options
If you find it difficult to purchase the travel insurance policy that fulfils your insurance expectations, you can buy a basic travel insurance plan and opt for additional coverages.
Add-on covers can be availed when an individual is travelling to high-risk zones. For example, if an individual is travelling to a war-torn country or city, there will be a great risk. Most of the insurance companies will not cover the risks involved during the war and other man-made disasters. The insurance company will charge a higher premium in order to fulfil the insurance needs of insurance buyers.
In case an individual has a pre-existing medical condition and the travel insurance provider offers a pre-existing medical condition add-on, it can be covered by paying an additional premium.
Travel Insurance Plans from Reputed Companies
There are various kinds of travel insurance plans offered by reputed travel insurance companies in India. By buying a travel insurance policy from an India-based company, you can enjoy a great deal of flexibility. The insurance premium will be low and the coverage will be high. The premium can be paid in rupees and the benefits can be availed in a foreign country as well. The insurance company will guide the policyholders in choosing the best hospitals and clinics in case of an emergency medical situation.
Here are some of the best travel insurance plans from reputed companies in India:
- Apollo Munich Travel Insurance: It offers individual, single, multi-trip and senior citizen travel insurance plans.
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance: It offers individual, student, senior citizen plans.
- HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance: It offers individual, student, family, international travel insurance plans.
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance: It offers individual, family, senior citizen travel insurance plans.
How to File a Travel Insurance Claim?
If you have the best travel insurance cover, you should be aware of the claim settlement procedure. It will ensure that you have a hassle-free and a smooth claim filing experience.
As soon as the need arises to file the claim, you should contact the insurance company by calling the toll-free number. You will have access to the toll-free number on a 24/7 basis. You can also reach the insurance company by email.
To file a travel insurance claim, the following details should be provided:
- Name of the insured person
- Phone number and email ID of the insured person
- Description of loss or theft
- Name of the country where the accident took place
- Relevant documents
Based on your insurance requirements, you must compare various travel insurance policies. The best travel insurance policy will cover most of the risks. This way, your out of pocket expenses can be eliminated. As you choose the online channel, you will get unbiased information and it is possible to choose the best travel insurance plan very easily.
Over to You
A travel insurance policy is required to cover various risks faced during domestic as well as overseas trips. If you are in your home country, the health issues can be covered by the health insurance policy (if any). Having said that, the health insurance will not cover risks associated with your travel, hence, you should buy a comprehensive travel insurance cover to maximize your benefits and insurance coverage.
- Most Read
- 10 Factors to Consider While Selecting your Thailand Travel Insurance
Date: 01 November 2019
- Is Travel Insurance Really Important? Is It Necessary to Buy One?
Date: 21 October 2019
- All You Need to Know About Corporate Travel Insurance
Date: 16 October 2019
- World Tourism Day: Tips to Travel Safely to the Golden Triangle in India
Date: 25 September 2019
- Why Should You Buy Travel Insurance for Your Family?
Date: 20 September 2019
- 5 Best Travel Insurance Policies for 2019, Risk-Proof Your Next International Trip
Views : 44682
- Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 13529
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 12976
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 8869
- How to Avoid Travel-Related Scams on Your Next Trip?
Views : 8444
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator