Top Travel Insurance Plans
- Sr. Citizens
Plans for an individual of 30 years age travelling to USA for 15 days
A travel insurance plan assists with flight cancellation and refund, loss of luggage, passport lost, medical emergencies, and financial assistance for any monetary loss due to any of the reasons listed in the policy wordings.
Solo Travel Insurance Plans
When you are traveling by yourself, it is important to feel safe during the trip. If you are going on a solo international trip, then you must have a travel insurance plan that covers things beyond national boundaries. Buy travel insurance online to provide you protection against all the odds, as well as travel assistance during emergencies.
Why Does Solo Traveller Need Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance offers you protection against many unwanted situations you might face in another country. What if your trip is cancelled or interrupted? With travel insurance, you get the coverage and you are assisted to your destination as quickly as possible.
Travel insurance policy ensures peace of mind by giving 24/7 emergency aid during your trip, whether you need medical help or any other travel assistance. With travel insurance, your trip goes smoothly without interrupting your solitude and urge to explore the world solely.
Here are some reasons to opt for travel insurance if you are a solo traveller-
- Traveling to a Foreign Land- If you are traveling to a new place, then it is advisable to buy travel insurance cover. It will lighten your stress and give you peace of mind that you have support during an emergency even in a foreign land.
- Reimbursement for Trip Delays- Overnight waiting at the airport or delayed checked-in can cause a loss of dollars. But with an insurance cover, you are on the safe side. You will get the reimbursement for the loss incurred due to the trip delay.
- Cashless Hospitalization- You can avail the facility of cashless hospitalization during any medical emergency. All the hospital bills are paid under this travel insurance cover.
- Emergency Coverage- You will get a facility for emergency assistance such as medical evacuation, loss of luggage, cover for natural calamities, trip cancellation, etc.
Coverage under Travel Insurance Plan for a Solo Travellers
Here are some of the coverage benefits under a travel insurance plan for a solo traveller-
- Accidental and Sickness Expenses- Accident and sickness coverage is to help if you are injured or ill during the journey. It enables you to cover expenses until you’re alright, depending on the circumstances.
- Loss of Luggage- While traveling as a solo traveller, the most common concern is loss of luggage. With Delay and Baggage Lost cover in your travel insurance, you will get the required assistance on time.
- Trip Delay or Cancellation- This coverage reimburses you for pre-paid loss, or loss for the delay, including food, accommodations, communication, and commute.
- Passport Loss- Depending on the terms & conditions, you can get coverage for the loss of your passport. With travel insurance, you do not need to bother about what will happen after losing it. In case you lose or misplace it, your insurer will make the necessary arrangements to provide you with a copy of your passport. Moreover, it will also give financial assistance for collecting a duplicate copy of it.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation- Even the best-planned trips do not go as per plan. If a medical emergency occurs and you will be transferred to the nearest hospital, the cost can be up to thousands of dollars without insurance. Emergency medical evacuation covers the cost of medical treatment that is not available locally and saves your money.
- Missed Flight Coverage- The travel insurance coverage for missed flights is associated with cancellation and interruption in the trip. The travel insurance provider will refund the pre-paid and non-refundable trip tickets to solo travellers.
How to Choose a Right Travel Insurance Plan if you are a Solo Traveller?
It is essential to know how to buy a travel insurance plan if you are a solo traveller. Are you still juggling how to choose a plan? Below are some points to keep in mind while buying travel insurance online.
- Duration of the Trip- You can choose between a single and multi-trip policy based on the frequency of traveling and the end of the trip. So before buying, you must check the duration of the travel and the possibility of extending the trip.
- Region Centric- You must check if your insurance policy is region-centric or not. It should adhere to all the travel regulations of the country where you are traveling.
- Policy Coverage- You must check what is covered under your travel insurance plan and what is excluded. Also, compare different travel insurance policies online. Your policy should have maximum medical coverage limit.
- Claim Settlement Ratio- Claim Settlement Ratio shows the capacity to pay the insurance claims. So you must choose the one that has higher CSR.
- Emergency Coverage Assistance- You must look for a travel plan that ensures high emergency coverage assistance such as loss of passport, medical evacuation, personal loss, etc.
- Minimal Exclusions- Before finalizing the travel insurance policy, check the excluded items as well. Ideally, exclusions should not be too much. It should have more inclusions in a single plan to protect you from uncertainties in a different country.
With an ever-increasing number of solo travellers across the world, it is advisable to protect yourself with a reliable travel insurance policy. The travel insurance plan for solo travellers includes all of the benefits provided by the basic plan; however, you must look for a policy that gives extended medical support in the event of an unwanted accident.