Travelling Alone? This Is Why You Need an Individual Travel Insurance Policy
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 9454 -
Updated date : 13 April 2021
Any unfortunate happening such as loss of baggage or passport, an accidental injury or medical emergency can adversely affect your international trip. And when you are alone, it is more troublesome. Whether you are travelling for adventure, leisure, or work, individual travel insurance can protect you from perils, which may leave you stranded at a new place.
Your insurance policy can safeguard you from such travel-related emergencies.
Individual Travel Insurance Plan
It might be the very first time you’ve decided to explore a destination and want to map out new places on your own. If this is true, then you should go ahead and embrace your favourite destination in a carefree manner, after all, you’ve put in efforts to finalize your itinerary to ensure a hassle-free solo trip. Though it sounds exciting, it can be dangerous too. Apart from flights and hotel booking, taking travel insurance is also crucial. You should take it seriously as any unforeseen circumstances can lead to curtailment of your well-planned trip. Nothing can be more heart-wrenching than that. To ensure a smooth overseas travel experience, individual travel insurance is a must. As they say, prevention is better than cure.
To resolve all your travel anxieties. It ensures a seamless travel experience anywhere around the world. You do not need to panic about baggage loss, flight delays or cancellations or any unforeseen medical and financial emergencies. So, if you really want to enjoy your holiday and stay carefree, you must buy individual travel insurance for your upcoming solo-trip.
What are the possible circumstances that can put you at risk, especially when you are alone?
- You meet with an accident during your holiday, and you need emergency medical evacuation because there is no adequate medical treatment available in your vicinity
- You happen to lose your camera on the beach while clicking pictures and the waves wash it away
- While sightseeing, your passport goes missing from your bag
- You have a pre-existing illness but are going to travel alone and the constant fear aggravates it
- You need to go shopping or to a festival and your wallet is stolen
- You run out of cash while making an emergency hotel booking
- You are on your trip and happen to lose your baggage
What all your travel insurance policy would include?
Travelling alone to a foreign land can be challenging for anyone, especially if there is a language barrier. Also, the medical aid and hospitalization expenses are exorbitantly expensive, unlike in India. Travel insurance is a true friend, which protects you against all medical eventualities in exchange for a one-time premium amount.
See what all it covers-
- Hospitalization or medical expenses arising due to accidental injuries or any emergency
- Loss of baggage and other accompanying expenses
- Any loss due to trip curtailment or cancellation, flight delays or cancellation
- Loss or damage due to a burglary attempt at your home in your absence
- The easy claim settlement process
- 24*7 grievance redressal support
- Customized packages as per customer needs
What if you run out of money due to any uncertainties?
This is the most crucial feature of individual travel insurance. If you are on a solo trip and happen to run out of money, nothing can be more troublesome. Your insurance company will help you with emergency cash facility during emergency situations arising due to an attempt of theft or flight delays. Remember, the assistance is limited to the sum assured in the policy.
Exclusions in your independent travel insurance policy
Health hazards caused due to participation in any of the below-mentioned activities will not be covered by your travel insurance:
- Loss or damage due to war or terrorist attacks
- Suicide attempt or injuries when intoxicated
- Disobedience to medical advice
To sum up!
If you are planning an international solo trip anytime soon, then you must have realized by now that it’s essential to have yourself insured with an individual travel insurance policy. Anyone who wants to enjoy his/her solo vacation without any apprehensions will not have a second thought while buying one.
- Most Read
- Which Travel Insurance is the Best for Schengen Visa?
Date: 02 April 2021
- 5 Tips to Find an Affordable Travel Insurance for Dubai
Date: 25 January 2021
- Travel to UK after New COVID Strain and Travel Insurance
Date: 08 January 2021
- 4 Pros & Cons of Travel Health Insurance That You Must Know
Date: 30 December 2020
- Travelling to Germany? Check Out the Best Travel Insurance for Your Trip
Date: 29 December 2020
- Best Travel Insurance Policies in India
Views : 67849
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 25207
- Best Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 20222
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 11539
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Views : 11467