- Worldwide Cashless Hospitalization Worldwide
- Premium Starts at as low as ₹300
- Covers for Loss of Baggage & Passport
- Covers Flight Delays & Cancellation
We promise limited calls
Travelling Alone? This Is Why You Need an Individual Travel Insurance Policy
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 604 -
Modified 06 February 2018
Any unfortunate happening such as loss of baggage or passport, an accidental injury or medical emergency can adversely affect your international trip. And when you are alone, it is more troublesome. Whether you are travelling for adventure, leisure, or work, individual travel insurance can protect you from perils which may leave you stranded at a new place.
Your insurance policy can safeguard you from such travel-related emergencies. To enjoy a hassle-free vacation, stay covered with HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance.
Individual Travel Insurance Plan
It might be the very first time you’ve decided to explore a destination and want to map out new places on your own. If this is true, then you should go ahead and embrace your favorite destination in a carefree manner, after all, you’ve put in efforts to finalize your itinerary to ensure a hassle-free solo trip. Though it sounds exciting, it can be dangerous too. Apart from flights and hotel booking, taking travel insurance is also crucial. You should take it seriously as any unforeseen circumstances can lead to curtailment of your well-planned trip. Nothing can be more heart-wrenching than that. To ensure a smooth overseas travel experience, individual travel insurance is a must. As they say, prevention is better than cure.
To resolve all your travel anxieties, HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance is a great option. It ensures a seamless travel experience anywhere around the world. You do not need to panic about baggage loss, flight delays or cancellations or any unforeseen medical and financial emergencies. So, if you really want to enjoy your holiday and stay carefree, you must buy individual travel insurance for your upcoming solo-trip.
What are the possible circumstances that can put you at risk, especially when you are alone?
- You meet with an accident during your holiday, and you need emergency medical evacuation because there is no adequate medical treatment available in your vicinity
- You happen to lose your camera on the beach while clicking pictures and the waves wash it away
- While sightseeing, your passport goes missing from your bag
- You have a pre-existing illness but are going to travel alone and the constant fear aggravates it
- You need to go shopping or to a festival and your wallet is stolen
- You run out of cash while making an emergency hotel booking
- You are on your trip and happen to lose your baggage
What all your travel insurance policy would include?
Travelling alone to a foreign land can be challenging for anyone, especially if there is a language barrier. Also, the medical aid and hospitalization expenses are exorbitantly expensive, unlike in India. Travel insurance is a true friend which protects you against all medical eventualities in exchange for a one-time premium amount.
See what all it covers-
- Hospitalization or medical expenses arising due to accidental injuries or any emergency
- Loss of baggage and other accompanying expenses
- Any loss due to trip curtailment or cancellation, flight delays or cancellation
- Loss or damage due to burglary attempt at your home in your absence
- Easy claim settlement process
- 24*7 grievance redressal support
- Customized packages as per customer needs
What if you run out of money due to any uncertainties?
This is the most crucial feature of individual travel insurance. If you are on a solo trip and happen to run out of money, nothing can be more troublesome. Your insurance company will help you with emergency cash facility during emergency situations arising due to an attempt of theft or flight delays. Remember, the assistance is limited to the sum assured in the policy.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- You can select from a broad range of travel insurance plans to meet all your travel concerns. You can select one based on your medical requirements, personal needs, and other demographic factors
- The travel insurance plan has a vast geographic validity and is valid for Schengen countries as well
- The customer can seek redressal of queries and 24*7 assistance in the country they are travelling to
Millions of customers have enjoyed a hassle-free travel experience with HDFC ERGO travel insurance.
Check if you are eligible to opt for HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance
- Age limit is 6 months to 70 years in case of single trip travel insurance
- Age limit is 18-70 years in case of annual multi-trip travel Insurance
- Age limit is 6 months to 70 years if you are opting for single trip within Asia excluding Japan
Exclusions in your independent travel insurance policy
Health hazards caused due to participation in any of the below-mentioned activities will not be covered by your travel insurance:
- Loss or damage due to war or terrorist attacks
- Suicide attempt or injuries when intoxicated
- Disobedience to medical advice
To sum up
If you are planning an international solo trip anytime soon, then you must have realized by now that it’s essential to have yourself insured with an individual travel insurance policy. Anyone who wants to enjoy his/her solo vacation without any apprehensions will not have a second thought while buying one.
- Most Read
- Claim Settlement Guide for Domestic Travel Insurance
Date: 09 February 2018
- How to Avoid Travel-Related Scams on Your Next Trip?
Date: 09 February 2018
- Best Group Travel Insurance Plans In India
Date: 07 February 2018
- Why You Need Travel Insurance When Going On A Cruise?
Date: 06 February 2018
- Should Senior Citizen Travellers Buy Domestic Travel Insurance Plans?
Date: 06 February 2018
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 14832
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 11716
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 11459
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 7380
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 6075